ADVERTISEMENT

31 days : Best #31 in Husker history

I'm good with those two.

Honorable mention...
- IB Jay Sims. Amazing he was like the #5 IB on the 1995 team behind Phillips, Green, Childs, and Benning and would have been a starter on a lot of other teams.
- FS Jerrell Pippens. Had a couple seasons in the NFL. I recall him as being great on special teams.
- FS Steve Carmer.

Personally, I’d go with Joe Orduna followed by Harry Wilson. How about you?
These are mine as well. Ted Harvey also wore this number. Heck of an athlete.Total stud at the state track meet.
And in 1978, a sophomore wingback named Maurice McCloney wore #31. Who? He was stuck behind Kenny Brown (more detail when we get to #22) but when he played he was electric. We all thought he'd have a great career, but he transferred to Texass after that season. Not nearly as many kids transferred in those days, and not many at all seemed to leave TO's program. Maurice ended up having a nice career with the Shorthorns.

I am here quite a bit but don’t post too much. I am much more active on RSS but I enjoy the guys over here.

It is nice to have someone with rrthusker’s stature treat the members of the JV Board with respect. We are fans too. Winking

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT