ADVERTISEMENT

30 days: Best#30 in Husker history

I say Rozier, but by a slim margin. Ahman was a terrific RB.

The only other #30 that really comes to mind is Craig Johnson, who had some big games as a backup I-back.

I’ll give a shout out for Paul Rogers..
He made some long FG and had the record for quite awhile..
Rogers (RIP) is credited by some with saving Devaney's job by hitting a 50-yard bomb to win the '68 Wyoming (I think) game. Marv Mueller, good DB, was also #30.

Rogers (RIP) is credited by some with saving Devaney's job by hitting a 50-yard bomb to win the '68 Wyoming (I think) game. Marv Mueller, good DB, was also #30.

Correct it was the Wyoming game.Still remember listing to Lyell Bremer making the call on the radio..

Gotta be Rozier for the career productivity. Pure talent it might be Green.

I forgot Green had an injured toe for most of the 1996 season, he could hardly play. It was called turf toe but he may have broken it, I don't really know what the distinction is. He hurt it against CSU in the third game I think, then hurt it bad against K-State the next week. He still wasn't all the way right for the bowl game, Benning started that game, Jay Sims got a moderate amount of playing time, and I think Evans and Green played a little bit.

I've been watching a few 96 games lately, you wanna talk about a couple of the greatest that never were...how about DeAngelo Evans and Terrell Farley both on the same team? Evans looked like a DUDE in that K-State game, Musberger couldn't get Evans' you-know-what out of his mouth, the color analyst kept making fun of him for it.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT