ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half Game Thread!!

55 points by Purdue! Poor Banker...just the unluckiest guy in the world! He's really a great DC.
4 times Purdue started on our 30 yard line. Hardly Bankers fault. Also Purdue's offense hasn't been their problem most of the season.

EDIT: To be clear I'm not excusing Banker for the long drives and lack of 3-and-outs, but hard to blame him for giving up 55 points given Purdue's starting field position.

I didn't blame the bad snap on Fyfe, I said he should have fallen on the ball - way before he had six defenders around him - instead of turning it into a short field for Purdue. And yeah it was unfortunate that Reilly got his hands on a ball thrown three yards behind him, resulting in that bad bounce.

To be fair, I would have preferred to see Fyfe get the Matt Turman treatment today and try to squeeze out a win with a much more conservative game plan. He shouldn't have been put in a position to hand the other team 20+ points.
I
I see your points, just feel we had way bigger problems today than Fyfe. Thought alot of his plays were the bright spot.

Since you can't, you can't refute what I said without backing up your statement.
I don't need to because I already know the answer. It's available to you, look it up.

Watch me use your poor argument: Bugeater, provide the stats showing that Purdue's offense success has been from cleanup (like you stated).

I
I see your points, just feel we had way bigger problems today than Fyfe. Thought alot of his plays were the bright spot.
I think Fyfe was an enormous problem, but in large part because the game plan made it that way. I would have much rather seen NU beat its head against the wall trying to run the ball - especially against a defense that hasn't exactly been stellar - and try to win a low-scoring game, as opposed to the embarrassing shit show we just witnessed.

I don't need to because I already know the answer. It's available to you, look it up.

Watch me use your poor argument: Bugeater, provide the stats showing that Purdue's offense success has been from cleanup (like you stated).

Amazing rhetoric, amazing. They've lost 6 games, they've had their first team playing in the fourth quarter of every game, and I didn't say they got most or the majority of their yards in clean up, I said they get plenty of it in clean up, meaning the fourth quarter. They haven't played one team with a great defense, so saying their offense isn't their problem is goofy, since their offense couldn't beat the likes of Marshall, Bowling Green, not to mention not showing up at all against Minnesota or Wisconsin.

Yeah, no problem there on offense. Too funny.

@Bugeater You are something else. I never said their offense was amazing.

You stated;
They are 1-6 and get plenty of yards in cleanup, DERP!
implying they get a lot of offensive production in the 4th quarter due to clean up time.

I'm stating that you are wrong and that majorty of the time most of Purdue's offensive production comes from the first 3 quarters in previous games.

You made a false claim about clean up time / Purdue's offensive production and are too lazy to look it up. Then you try and change my argument.

@Bugeater You are something else. I never said their offense was amazing.

You stated;
implying they get a lot of offensive production in the 4th quarter due to clean up time.

I'm stating that you are wrong and that majorty of the time most of Purdue's offensive production comes from the first 3 quarters in previous games.

You made a false claim about clean up time / Purdue's offensive production and are too lazy to look it up. Then you try and change my argument.
Laughing

I said they get plenty of yards in cleanup time, not the most or majority, but keep thinking they get nothing in the fourth quarter with their first team players in there. They've moved the ball and scored in the 4th quarter every game, in 6 losses, so my claim is good. Move on now.Laughing

When did I state they didn't get any production in the 4th?

What was your point of saying "get plenty of yards in cleanup." ?? No one was debating that one way or the other. The only thing that's funny is you changing your argument / meaning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT