ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half Game Thread!!!!

This is a moral loss. Sure, we win on the scoreboard, but the teams confidence has to be crushed, weaknesses abound for opponents to exploit, and it can't be good for recruiting.

If their confidence is crushed they shouldn't be D1 athletes

Reactions: cornwoman
everyone on here is an idiot

last year we played like this and lost. this year we start with a W.

they know they can play much better. this doesn't affect confidence at all.

take your negativity somewhere else, chodes.

It could be completely different next week but the offense sucked ass today. For all the hype, it was okay to expect better. Call it like you see it. Right now this doesn’t look like a team that will win the West.

This was an ill-prepared, poorly coached team today. I expected more out of Frost. If he doesn't get his shit together in one week, Colorado will give us a beatdown and we will once again start to think about next year.

Well obviously they didnt play well. Lots of work to do. And i have been negative myself but you know what im gonna watch football the rest of the day and be happy.

I will give some shout outs to some players.

Lee Jr. Dude balled out when given a chance.

Jojo looked looked like a blackshirt.
Cam Taylor im excited for this young mans future.

Wandale lets just say he needs to see the rock more.

Gawd, I'm surprised that Frost didn't just resign in the postgame. Or at least admit that Martinez sucks.

Reactions: Shermski77
It’s not realistic to blame Martinez for the offense.

Yes it is. The offense will only be as good as a leader as he is.

Dude. It's S. Alabama.

Their Rushing Defense was 101st last season. They gave up 203 YPG. (NU has 103 on the day).
Their Scoring Defense was 122nd last season. They gave up 38 PPG. (NU offense has 14 pts)
Their Pass Defense was 90th last season. They gave up 245 YPG. (NU has 178 YDS)
Their Total Defense was 107th last season.

Newsflash - we were a 4-8 team last year.

So...you are the only person on the face of the Earth that expected that poor performance to carry over to this year, after the supposed great winter we had.. Brilliance on your part. You should submit your resume to the networks.

Yes it is. The offense will only be as good as a leader as he is.

Dude. It's S. Alabama.

Their Rushing Defense was 101st last season. They gave up 203 YPG. (NU has 103 on the day).
Their Scoring Defense was 122nd last season. They gave up 38 PPG. (NU offense has 14 pts)
Their Pass Defense was 90th last season. They gave up 245 YPG. (NU has 178 YDS)
Their Total Defense was 107th last season.

No...Games are won and lost in the trenches, not the other way around. High snaps through the entire first half, defenders immediately in the backfield, backs couldn’t get any yards, etc.

What should Martinez do to fix that?

Perhaps this was just an off game for him. But it was one of the worst performances by a Nebraska QB in a long time, and that's saying something.

Still not going to blame him for an offwnse that could barely gain a yard up the middle. He’s not an offensive line.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Amart sucked, but a lot of that is on the OL. This could be the most pitiful OL in the history of Nebraska Football.

Amart sucked, but a lot of that is on the OL. This could be the most pitiful OL in the history of Nebraska Football.

He made bad reads even when the OL gave him time.

Last year he locked in on Morgan and Warner most of the time, but they were able to get open. When his first option isn't there, he struggles.

It was an erratic performance. The turnovers were good, but still saw some really piss poor play.

Somewhat erratic but the offense kept putting them in crap situations. Kind of tough for a defense to keep bailing out an inept offense that can't move the ball and had multiple turnovers. That's not including the special team's blunder.

Somewhat erratic but the offense kept putting them in crap situations. Kind of tough for a defense to keep bailing out an inept offense that can't move the ball and had multiple turnovers. That's not including the special team's blunder.

Way too many wide open receivers on USA for me. I know they scored 14 off of our turnovers, and they were in our territory on both, but we were still out of position on defense too much.

ADVERTISEMENT