ADVERTISEMENT

2nd HALF GAME THREAD!!!!!

WTF you talking about...do you have any idea how hard it is to throw in a sustained 25 mph wind, with the temps as cold as they are...he played a clean game throwing the ball...no picks...no bad decisions throwing into coverage...he threw the ball away and got us 3 field goals.
I thought Martinez again had an opportunity to step up and make something happen, and didn't. I'm glad for the kicker, cause otherwise, we would have lost today.

I thought Martinez again had an opportunity to step up and make something happen, and didn't. I'm glad for the kicker, cause otherwise, we would have lost today.
Well, I think a lot of that was the MSU defense. AM didn’t look he was completely healthy today, maybe it was a hit earlier in the game, but a win is a win is a win.

Big win, no JD and Warner went out, 2/3 of QB's normal targets. He wasn't real sharp but huge win and great for the Seniors.

Reactions: Rocky Mtn Husker
Bs a great defense, nasty conditions and this is the crap you come up with. Neither qb was in good in these conditions yet they still won. Wait aren't you the one at the beginning of the season calling Am out? Did you expect 250 yds passing and 100 rushing yards out of him. Gimme a break these conditions was Taylor made for defense and special and for a change our special teams came out on top. Get over it

Bs a great defense, nasty conditions and this is the crap you come up with. Neither qb was in good in these conditions yet they still won. Wait aren't you the one at the beginning of the season calling Am out? Did you expect 250 yds passing and 100 rushing yards out of him. Gimme a break these conditions was Taylor made for defense and special and for a change our special teams came out on top. Get over it
Get over yourself sunshine.. I wanted to see Adrian take a step forward today. And all this because I said the kicker bailed him out. You people are so glass hearted, I'm actually embarrassed to be associated with you. It's like you haven't won in such a long damn time, that another fan can't be realistic without all you sunshine butt pumpers shouting heisman or feeling thwarted for some small thing.

Get over yourself sunshine.. I wanted to see Adrian take a step forward today. And all this because I said the kicker bailed him out. You people are so glass hearted, I'm actually embarrassed to be associated with you. It's like you haven't won in such a long damn time, that another fan can't be realistic without all you sunshine butt pumpers shouting heisman or feeling thwarted for some small thing.
Nice try there little fella he has been taking a step forward each and every week this season. I've never once screamed for Heisman for him there nice assumption though.

MSU has amazing closing speed from their DEs backers and CBs especially. VERY VERY good defense. Lucky to have won that one. I questioned Frost kicking that first field goal even with the distance to pick up the first but I think MSU's D made the decision for him. Good one.

Big win, no JD and Warner went out, 2/3 of QB's normal targets. He wasn't real sharp but huge win and great for the Seniors.
A large percentage of Martinez's "misses" were balls that he intentionally threw away because there was just no where to go with the ball and he couldn't scramble. MSU's D is legit.

A large percentage of Martinez's "misses" were balls that he intentionally threw away because there was just no where to go with the ball and he couldn't scramble. MSU's D is legit.
I agree I came away impressed with Martinez in this game was it a good performance stat wise.... No but he also did not try to force any passes and did not make a crucial mistake in these conditions against a top notch Defense. Just manage the game put faith in a shaky special teams unit and for once it worked in our favor. I loved the grittiness the team showed

Reactions: dinglefritz

Toughest D we've faced this year by far. Some of the misses were due to them, but Martinez also missed passes he would normally hit and a few that would have been very big. I'm guessing the weather was worse than we expected even, and you could see Frost dialed back the playbook accordingly

Toughest D we've faced this year by far. Some of the misses were due to them, but Martinez also missed passes he would normally hit and a few that would have been very big. I'm guessing the weather was worse than we expected even, and you could see Frost dialed back the playbook accordingly
The wind on those lateral passes was nuts. It was virtually impossible to make an accurate throw in those conditions.

Those quick swing/bubble passes outside need to be precise and hit the receiver so his momentum carries him forward. If they have to stop, jump or get turned around by the pass the play is dead in the water as the defense will have closed

The wind on those lateral passes was nuts. It was virtually impossible to make an accurate throw in those conditions.

I do wonder if we need to have some formation/scheme options when weather like that happens, and it will hit us every now and then in the B10. Maybe we can work on a pistol-diamond/double wing/?? that builds off of our normal concepts, but gets some bodies in the box that we can use for blockers and to option off of.

Kelly ran a Wildcat (he didn't call it that, though!) and Mazzone's run a pistol variant for short yardage as well... might be something to add as both of those types of things are natural builds off of Frost's core play sets as well, IMO

ADVERTISEMENT