ADVERTISEMENT

2nd HALF GAME THREAD!!!!!

Ah, coaching expert here everyone...... its nice you like Frost though, whew.

OK, coaching expert. Tell me what this staff has done particularly well this season. Tell me which assistant coaches have done well. This is an inexperienced staff that wasn't ready for major college football. This isn't the AAC anymore.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Just a side note...you guys do realize why we're not getting pressure with the front 3 or 4 don't you? We're running the same 2-gap bullshit that Bo ran. It's virtually impossible to get pressure that way unless you guys like Suh. It allows a QB to just stand back there and pick you apart.
so wrong.. we actually were getting pressure, but because of the man schemes, they are able to get rid of it quickly on the shorter to mid range stuff. It's nothing at all like what Bo ran. Nothing at all like that.

OK, coaching expert. Tell me what this staff has done particularly well this season. Tell me which assistant coaches have done well. This is an inexperienced staff that wasn't ready for major college football. This isn't the AAC anymore.
Good lord people want to get rid of them already, if thats the case, we are Fn doomed. If the fans start crying like babies before the staff gets a couple years under our belt we won't recover so get used to 0-12's.

Starting to think this staff was more lucky than good at UCF. Just awful.

No, they were playing in a shitty conference. They could be sloppy and still win.

Travis Fisher sucks. Chinander sucks. Jovan Dewitt sucks. There's your problem.

I agree. Der thanks for creating these game threads, you always seem to be able to keep a positive outlook as well.
Thanks. Lately being negative is much easier than being positive but I'm a HUSKER fan win or lose. If you can't be positive then why bother to come here and post on the game day threads!.

so wrong.. we actually were getting pressure, but because of the man schemes, they are able to get rid of it quickly on the shorter to mid range stuff. It's nothing at all like what Bo ran. Nothing at all like that.
Sure it is. It's a straight up push your man back 2 gap from the front 3. Granted it isn't with 4 linemen but it's a similar philosophy most of the time. Thorson had all day to wait for guys to come open. He only had to get rid of it quickly when we blitzed.

Good lord people want to get rid of them already, if thats the case, we are Fn doomed. If the fans start crying like babies before the staff gets a couple years under our belt we won't recover so get used to 0-12's.

UCF's defensive scheme was trash last year - even with multiple players who had NFL talent, they gave up tons of points/yards playing in a mediocre conference. This defensive staff is just not very good, and UCF fans have been warning us.

I don't want to fire them because our players need stability, but Frost is going to have some difficult decisions to make in a couple years.

UCF's defensive scheme was trash last year - even with multiple players who had NFL talent, they gave up tons of points/yards playing in a mediocre conference. This defensive staff is just not very good, and UCF fans have been warning us.

I don't want to fire them because our players need stability, but Frost is going to have some difficult decisions to make in a couple years.

Sad thing is that HCSF & Chin are tighter than Coz & Cally were. Doubt we'll ever see a new DC while Frost is HC.

In a couple years?? I think he is going to be faced with that decision at the end of THIS year.

Some of our fans are trash too so I guess it’s fitting.

Yep. Someone has to make a play. It has been years since we have had that mentality. Culture change usually takes 5-7 years in organizations. 10 months is not a large enough time to ingrain those habits... I would expect year 2 to be better and 3 to really get rolling.

People bitched when we didn't run the ball to run clock in the past....Now maybe we should understand why with 2 minutes and the lead we should have thrown the ball. Our DBs are not good.
ogzigbo did ok when they handed the ball off fast, that last drive we telegraphed ozigbo's hand off to toyko...

ADVERTISEMENT