ADVERTISEMENT

2nd HALF GAME THREAD****

I started a thread after Northern Illinois staying we needed to fire him now and caught a lot of flack for how harmful it would be to the season and program to fire him at that point. I maintained letting him coach out the season was the most harmful thing we could do. I hate to say it but I was right. Just like when I was called crazy for calling for his firing halfway through his FIRST season.

Moos, if you don’t redirect his flight home to Oregon I don’t know what to tell you. End the pain now.

I have always maintained the sooner you treat Cancer the better off you are. I wish at any point in these past seasons someone would have listened. You can plainly look at the product on the field and if you have two eyes you would have known from the second he was hired this is a disaster.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
It is important to treat these coaches with respect on their way out, because we have coaches we want actually watching what this admin does...firing a coach mid-season is not attractive to prospective coaches. The fact Florida did it, drops the appeal of their program in the eyes of others. And the reason for their disagreement with their coach mostly stemmed from the cheap nature of AD in terms of facilities and other amenities.

It is important to treat these coaches with respect on their way out, because we have coaches we want actually watching what this admin does...firing a coach mid-season is not attractive to prospective coaches. The fact Florida did it, drops the appeal of their program in the eyes of others. And the reason for their disagreement with their coach mostly stemmed from the cheap nature of AD in terms of facilities and other amenities.

Wrong. You kill cancer the second you find it. At ANY point, even game 1, I would have been hired as AD I would have fired Riley. There is no point in keeping failure on the sidelines. You need to advance towards healing ASAP.

I am liking the way he delivers the ball. Seems to have a lot more touch than Lee.
He could run a zone read option offense or pro-style. I hope Lee stays, but we have 3 good options if he doesn't. That walk on has some wheels and a serviceable arm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT