ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Half Game Thread!

So he is giddy and happy?
Damn. Didn't delete that fast enough. When your color guy on the payroll is talking like he was, there's yer sign. Comments about there being enough talent to not have had this happen basically and I agree. Davison is a good buddy of Frost though so maybe it's just campaigning.

Damn. Didn't delete that fast enough. When your color guy on the payroll is talking like he was, there's yer sign. Comments about there being enough talent to not have had this happen basically and I agree. Davison is a good buddy of Frost though so maybe it's just campaigning.
He definitely isn't a happy camper.

Lee was fine tonight.
I said after Wisconsin if you can't stop the run, you can't win. Well tonight we didn't stop the run OR the pass. Baffling defensive scheme. I didn't realize we were playing most of the game with our 3rd string safeties but man there's no excuse for what we saw tonight. None.

I said after Wisconsin if you can't stop the run, you can't win. Well tonight we didn't stop the run OR the pass. Baffling defensive scheme. I didn't realize we were playing most of the game with our 3rd string safeties but man there's no excuse for what we saw tonight. None.
Here's the thing about the safeties...
Kieran Williams has been in the doghouse even after college football focus found him as one of the most productive safeties in the nation last year as far as plays on he ball per pass. It was something like that.Started the year in 3rd string. Posters said he must be no good, nice that we don't hand out spots, etc. (I didnt disagree).
Well when you couple that with what's happened to Ozigbo and how bad our D has been, it looks suspicious as hell now and these coaches do have a doghouse just like pelini did,

Here's the thing about the safeties...
Kieran Williams has been in the doghouse even after college football focus found him as one of the most productive safeties in the nation last year as far as plays on he ball per pass. It was something like that.Started the year in 3rd string. Posters said he must be no good, nice that we don't hand out spots, etc. (I didnt disagree).
Well when you couple that with what's happened to Ozigbo and how bad our D has been, it looks suspicious as hell now and these coaches do have a doghouse just like pelini did,
Diaco decides who plays so I doubt it's a doghouse thing. I guess what I was getting was that he was having trouble with consistency with his assignments. Dunno. Don't watch practice and heck I didn't even pay much attention to who was playing. Tried to figure out who was blowing assignments in our linebacking corp.

Hopefully Spielman is just a bruise. Looked like he landed on the ball with the weight of the defender on him.

Diaco decides who plays so I doubt it's a doghouse thing. I guess what I was getting was that he was having trouble with consistency with his assignments. Dunno. Don't watch practice and heck I didn't even pay much attention to who was playing. Tried to figure out who was blowing assignments in our linebacking corp.
I just think it's something we need to consider.
At the top me I agreed with your stance.
Add in the fact that decker is our best center but would have never played had it not been for injury...plus Oz...can you honestly not wonder about our staffs ability to evaluate and not have favorites? Serious question.

Reactions: StrongArm517
I just think it's something we need to consider.
At the top me I agreed with your stance.
Add in the fact that decker is our best center but would have never played had it not been for injury...plus Oz...can you honestly not wonder about our staffs ability to evaluate and not have favorites? Serious question.
I've said that about center all along. I think Devine was probably being punished for something. I don't know. New DC, it's gonna depend on how you pick up his scheme and practice. Diaco is a stickler for discipline and assignments and maybe he saw Williams made plays last year outside of the scheme. I dunno.

i thought lee played well again. you can see why the scouts like him. decision making has improved, pocket mobility has improved.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I've said that about center all along. I think Devine was probably being punished for something. I don't know. New DC, it's gonna depend on how you pick up his scheme and practice. Diaco is a stickler for discipline and assignments and maybe he saw Williams made plays last year outside of the scheme. I dunno.
I can 100% say from a reliable source that ozigbo was NOT being punished for anything.
I am willing to bet anything on this. Believe me, I was wondering the same and it has been speculated before....but it is not the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT