ADVERTISEMENT

2ND HALF GAME THREAD

Am I the only one who thought it wasn't targeting? Terrible acting job by Tommy as well, lol. He won't be winning any Oscars anytime soon.
I didn't think it was targeting either. But it's hilarious to listen to the guy who's never ever ever seen a targeting call he didn't like, blather on about how this one should be overturned.

Yeah, what I took from that was Tommy getting tired of him in his backfield.
It was forcible contact to the head or neck area, it says area not necessarily directly to that spot, should have been targeting (guarantee it would have been upheld if Nebraska was on defense) .

I didn't think it was targeting either. But it's hilarious to listen to the guy who's never ever ever seen a targeting call he didn't like, blather on about how this one should be overturned.

Looked up the rule:

Targeting and Initiating Contact With the Crown of the Helmet (Rule 9-1-3)

No player shall target and initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

So, by letter of the law I think it is a foul

Reactions: coach-ed
I will say this: I would be PISSED if that was a Nebraska DL making that hit and got called for targeting.

Ed blatantly roots for the other team, I think that sucks. That's why I watched the game in silence.

Looked up the rule:

Targeting and Initiating Contact With the Crown of the Helmet (Rule 9-1-3)

No player shall target and initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

So, by letter of the law I think it is a foul
Also, they clarified the rule to include any part of the helmet above the face mask as part of the crown, so definitely should have counted as crown.

This game will end up being good moving forward, we got our lineman back in the game and while they didn't play well it will help them work on their communication during the week and will help them gel.

A wins a win, and Wisconsin does look beatable if we can score points.

And now a block in the side (which is perfectly legal) gets called a block in the back, just total morons on the field .

Fewer penalties, please. I wish we were more businesslike. Long on attitude and short on discipline too much of the time.

Fewer penalties, please. I wish we were more businesslike. Long on attitude and short on discipline too much of the time.
Couldn't care less about the penalties. Refs were horrible all game, so I just ignore the bulls**t they come up with to call.

ADVERTISEMENT