ADVERTISEMENT

urban is an energy coach. Great for college. NFL is more analytical. He may be good at that but his strength seems to be bringing a calm energy and credibility to college players.
[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying...if you're looking to get paid and be surrounded by professionals, the NFL seems like the best opportunity. The playing field is more level, and until you really tank, you get the time to earn big $$$. Personally, the idea of having my fate in the hands of 18-21 year olds would be much more scary.

Meyer at Texas would have turned them into a perennial CFP team. Meyer in the pros is a big risk for him, although Pete Carroll and a few other successful college coaches jumped to the NFL well. Seems like they mostly disappoint (Saban, Kelly, etc). Detroit just hired pariah AJ Hinch to lead the Tigers, so why not a man who is certainly a pariah in the state of Michigan? After all, remember the rumors that Nebraska would hire Barry Switzer to succeed Osborne?

The timing of his “retirements” are very convenient, sure, but he’s a great coach. Total slimeball, sure, but he knows what’s he’s doing. Belicheck, Saban, Meyer, and Pete Carroll are the best coaches of this generation. I’m interested to see how he would do in the pros. It’s too bad though, he’s the best broadcaster in the business right now. His analysis is superb when they break down film on BTN

Belichick averages over 5 losses a year. Hashtag not elite.

You can't seriously compare the NFL to college football - everyone in the NFL can play; that's certainly not true in college football. Jimmy Johnson once said the difference between coaching the Miami Hurricanes and the Dallas Cowboys was that with Miami, he only had to coach one or two games a year - the rest of the games they could simply just out-talent their opponents; with Dallas, he had to coach every single game.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Hmmm, dust must have settled enough ... er, he must be feeling better and had enough time with the family. What are those poor students going to do without his teaching character and leadership?

What a pos
I remember a couple years back, finding he was teaching said class on character and leadership and thinking “ was Bobby Petrino not available?” 😂

IMO, if Urban were to return to college ball, it’d be to either ND or USC. His ego will have him chasing Saban’s total number of National Championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT