ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmm, dust must have settled enough ... er, he must be feeling better and had enough time with the family. What are those poor students going to do without his teaching character and leadership?

What a pos

Meyer at Texas would have turned them into a perennial CFP team. Meyer in the pros is a big risk for him, although Pete Carroll and a few other successful college coaches jumped to the NFL well. Seems like they mostly disappoint (Saban, Kelly, etc). Detroit just hired pariah AJ Hinch to lead the Tigers, so why not a man who is certainly a pariah in the state of Michigan? After all, remember the rumors that Nebraska would hire Barry Switzer to succeed Osborne?

well, no recruiting violations for him at the Jags, Maybe tampering charges is all he could do.

Him at Jags is a win win.

the 'health scares' are very conveniently timed, wouldn't you say?

urban meyer is a world class scumbag. he will never coach in the nfl, but I believe his return to a college football HC job is imminent.
I wouldn't doubt if he was waiting for USC to open up. That would be the plumb job for him.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
There's a decent sized portion of "Husker fans" who think Tom is a POS too.
I mean the guy ran for governor and lost and it wasn’t close. I’m sure many of you questioned his approach to not selling alcohol on Sunday but apparently you can’t question Frost at all otherwise you aren’t a true “husker fan”.

Look at it this way. He's been there, done that with NCAA championships. Guys like Urb want to test themselves and strive for the next ring. If Trevor Lawrence is a sure thing to the jags, I could see him taking a five-year shot at building a super bowl team.

Reactions: c3o
Cam Newton is making Belicheck look not so great.
please.

One has failed in some of his stops. The other has known nothing but success.

failed? please list these stops. was it when he was in charge of one of the NFL's greatest defenses ever en route to multiple super bowls? was it when he led the hapless browns to their last playoff win (1994(!))?

or was it when he's literally accomplished the greatest two-decade run in the history of professional football, a run that will absolutely never be close to duplicating?

don't be a fool. urban meyer will never, ever go pro because he can't hack it there, just like saban couldn't.

one of the dumbest posts I have ever read here, and that is saying a lot.

Reactions: Huskriots2
The correct move would be to the NFL. Surround yourself with a good staff and you'll get paid $$$$$$ for at least a few years. Win half of your games and you'll be there 10 years.

CFB requires so much recruiting and coddling of young kids.

Look at it this way. He's been there, done that with NCAA championships. Guys like Urb want to test themselves and strive for the next ring. If Trevor Lawrence is a sure thing to the jags, I could see him taking a five-year shot at building a super bowl team.
If I’m him I want the USC job. Nice weather. Loads of talent. Easier conference. A
The correct move would be to the NFL. Surround yourself with a good staff and you'll get paid $$$$$$ for at least a few years. Win half of your games and you'll be there 10 years.

CFB requires so much recruiting and coddling of young kids.
urban is an energy coach. Great for college. NFL is more analytical. He may be good at that but his strength seems to be bringing a calm energy and credibility to college players.

please.

failed? please list these stops. was it when he was in charge of one of the NFL's greatest defenses ever en route to multiple super bowls? was it when he led the hapless browns to their last playoff win (1994(!))?

or was it when he's literally accomplished the greatest two-decade run in the history of professional football, a run that will absolutely never be close to duplicating?

don't be a fool. urban meyer will never, ever go pro because he can't hack it there, just like saban couldn't.

one of the dumbest posts I have ever read here, and that is saying a lot.
6 losing seasons vs 0 losing seasons. Which guy do you take?

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
6 losing seasons vs 0 losing seasons. Which guy do you take?
get a clue. we will never see the level of success Belichick has achieved ever again in the history of the NFL.

urban lost 3 games/year in the MAC.

ADVERTISEMENT