ADVERTISEMENT

27 April 2019 Game 38: Illinois at Nebraseball (NU wins 4-3)

With the wind blowing so hard, Nebraska can probably luck into some runs today. Too bad we need an act of God to generate anything offensively, but here we are.

Hate to say this and hate to be right but this is not a good team and it is becoming the norm! Still hoping they can win this one! Bottom of the first very important now!

Reactions: saluno22
We were robbed of a run. Anybody know if there is replay review? Sounds like it was a pretty obvious bad call.

We were robbed of a run. Anybody know if there is replay review? Sounds like it was a pretty obvious bad call.
It was bang bang for sure but I do think he was safe. At the end of the day it was a bad approach at the plate. You know you have a guaranteed run at 3rd and still he sets up a double play opportunity with that approach.

Yet another golden opportunity-wasted. Walk the bases loaded and get one run on a sac fly. We can't buy a key base hit right now. They are practically trying to give us runs and we aren't taking them.

Oh look, we scored one run after getting bases loaded with no outs on no hits and left the bases loaded...

Reactions: regionsdoc
Failed to execute the squeeze play correctly, not surprised :/ I'd be surprised if Illinois continues to be this generous on the mound, but we shall see.

Thrilling action in B4.

Sharpe: "How many players have a last name that is also a color?"

Exhilarating talk.

3-2 Illinois after 6

Fisher has settled in well but still isn’t getting the run support to make up for the early inning runs.

Huge opportunity here with runners on 2nd and 3rd and one out in the bottom of the 7th.

Say what you will about the offense (and it was ugly again) but that’s a huge win. Hopefully, it’s a confidence booster and a series win is on deck.

Praying you're right. They weren't good today at the plate, but they manufactured a run when they needed it.

For me this was a very satisfying win. To win in walk-off fashion on a miserable day for baseball and in the face of so much self inflicted adversity showcased the fight in these guys. I'm happy for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT