ADVERTISEMENT

26 May (Early Game): Nebraseball wearing alternate scarlet jerseys, grey pants, and red hats.

Coach gets credit for the wins, they take blame for the losses too. That's the way it goes. None of this "Erstad wasn't at the plate" nonsense. He wasn't at the plate when we scored 36 runs the last two games either.

Don't tell me what is nonsense. The players didn't hit with runners in scoring position. Nothing that Erstad can do about that. You are correct that the coach is responsible, win or lose. Sucks. Not season ending. Move on and win tonight.

We played good today. Baseball sometimes is a game of matchups. Maybe we don't matchup well with Iowa. We were in this game the whole way. Sucked that we couldn't get anyone in. I was just a frustrated as you. Some things are beyond your control. You have to let it go so it doesn't eat you up inside.

I know, man. Just frustrating leaving so many on. Drives you crazy. It's right in front of us to win it with a timely hit here and there. Gotta hand it to Iowa's pitchers though. They were pretty solid all day.

I know, man. Just frustrating leaving so many on. Drives you crazy. It's right in front of us to win it with a timely hit here and there. Gotta hand it to Iowa's pitchers though. They were pretty solid all day.

Our pitchers were not too shabby as well. Held Adams to one RBI. Huskers had 12 hits, Iowa had 7. The reason I'm not so upset is that it was a close game. Iowa did not shut us down. We were just unable to drive those baserunners home. Haha. Better not keep thinking about it or I'll join you loons! Where's the tar and feathers?!! :p

Our pitchers were not too shabby as well. Held Adams to one RBI. Huskers had 12 hits, Iowa had 7. The reason I'm not so upset is that it was a close game. Iowa did not shut us down. We were just unable to drive those baserunners home. Haha. Better not keep thinking about it or I'll join you loons! Where's the tar and feathers?!! :p

It seemed like a replay of the games in Lincoln. All super tight games.

Gotta admit, Iowa is pretty salty, but one has to wonder what we would be doing to these B1G teams if Van Horn or a similar coach were here.

Iowa has good pitching, and there are many in their lineup that are consistent hitters that also hit for power.

Gotta admit, Iowa is pretty salty. They have good pitching, and there are many in their lineup that are consistent hitters that also hit for power.

Iowa's top half of the lineup is power. Our pitching did well to shut them down. We were on the short end. Hopefully, Meyers will be on tonight!

Don't tell me what is nonsense. The players didn't hit with runners in scoring position. Nothing that Erstad can do about that. You are correct that the coach is responsible, win or lose. Sucks. Not season ending. Move on and win tonight.
It's nonsense trying to make excuses for the coach just because he wasn't on the field. Sure, it's different than if you lose directly because of some coaching mistake, but it all eventually comes back to the coach.

Still not nonsense. He didn't strike out.
It all comes back to the coach. I mean, the fact you felt the need to make the comment that he wasn't at the plate, says to me you thought you needed to protect him from blame. The coach takes blame for losses and credit for wins. Period. No caveats, no ifs and or buts. I've never tried to take away credit from a coach for a win, nor will I try to protect them from blame for a loss for anything that happens on the field.

It all comes back to the coach. I mean, the fact you felt the need to make the comment that he wasn't at the plate, says to me you thought you needed to protect him from blame. The coach takes blame for losses and credit for wins. Period. No caveats, no ifs and or buts.

If you go back and read my comments, I agreed that it stops with the coach. However, it was the players who lost today's game. We left 14 (I think) runners on base. I stand by what I said. I'm sure the players think so too. It's up to us fans not to overreact to today's loss. You can't be critical of the coach without asking the reasons why. I mentioned the why.

Gotta admit, Iowa is pretty salty, but one has to wonder what we would be doing to these B1G teams if Van Horn or a similar coach were here.

Iowa has good pitching, and there are many in their lineup that are consistent hitters that also hit for power.

It was a tight game like they all have been between the 2 teams this year. Iowa's pitching has been middle of the road for the league this year. 2 guys projected to be weekend starters missed basically the entire season (1 of them made 1 start), so the fact they were middle of the pack this year speaks to Heller's job of managing the staff.

Iowa has changed hitting philosophy dramatically and it's paying off for them.

That shit sicked. Grow some balls and quit being so nervous at the plate with runners in scoring position. Its the teams fault they lost and that includes the coach, three losses to iowa wtf.

my biggest complaint is the dueling threads for the same event
In all seriousness, there's usually one on the main board run by boxes under the sarcastic uniform thread title and one run by Robster (or me since I'm at the tournament) on the baseball board.

ADVERTISEMENT