ADVERTISEMENT

26 March 2019 Game 19: Nebraseball at Creighton (NU wins 6-3)

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
Creighton swept Maryland in College Park over the weekend.

Kyle Perry will likely get the start for NU.

Man, Perry seems to really know how to miss bats. It will be fun to watch him develop.

Crazy thing is, if this team really keeps playing like this, they're a young team and will bring most of it back next year. Kind of exciting to watch.

Reactions: gunNrun
Man, Perry seems to really know how to miss bats. It will be fun to watch him develop.

Crazy thing is, if this team really keeps playing like this, they're a young team and will bring most of it back next year. Kind of exciting to watch.
Is Perry the most get-in-trouble, get-out-of-trouble guy we've seen in awhile? I'm starting to relax with him on the mound, sitting back to watch how he's going to save this spot, save that spot.

It's almost fun. Like watching a daredevil who's real good at his craft.

Is Perry the most get-in-trouble, get-out-of-trouble guy we've seen in awhile? I'm starting to relax with him on the mound, sitting back to watch how he's going to save this spot, save that spot.

It's almost fun. Like watching a daredevil who's real good at his craft.
I remember Kyle Kubat doing the same thing. The guy would load the bases and then strikeout the side the same inning. Laughing

Nebraska got another mention in D1Baseball for this game.

• Nebraska continues to play at an impressive level, as four hitters finished the night with two-hit performances in a 6-3 win over Creighton at TD Ameritrade Park. NU has won six straight games.

This was from a long list of Tuesday games including a bunch of upsets. Get this...

• UPSET ALERT! Just call Pat Hallmark’s Incarnate Word the giant killers. UIW beat Texas A&M in midweek action earlier this season and continued their success against the state’s “bigger” schools with a 3-2 win over Texas. John Shull struck out five, walked one and allowed three hits and two runs in five innings, while the bullpen did a solid job as well with Tyler Miller striking out three in 2.1 shutout innings.

Nebraska got another mention in D1Baseball for this game.

• Nebraska continues to play at an impressive level, as four hitters finished the night with two-hit performances in a 6-3 win over Creighton at TD Ameritrade Park. NU has won six straight games.

This was from a long list of Tuesday games including a bunch of upsets. Get this...

• UPSET ALERT! Just call Pat Hallmark’s Incarnate Word the giant killers. UIW beat Texas A&M in midweek action earlier this season and continued their success against the state’s “bigger” schools with a 3-2 win over Texas. John Shull struck out five, walked one and allowed three hits and two runs in five innings, while the bullpen did a solid job as well with Tyler Miller striking out three in 2.1 shutout innings.
I think that is what will benefit this team a lot more this year, is the ability for all 9 batters to have a big day. They may not all be "dominate hitters" by any means but very capable of having a clutch at bat any moment.

Last year we had two of the better hitters in recent memory in Schreiber and Wilkening but the huge drop off after those 2 guys hurt us big time. I mean Mojo was still Mojo but you get what I mean.

I think that is what will benefit this team a lot more this year, is the ability for all 9 batters to have a big day. They may not all be "dominate hitters" by any means but very capable of having a clutch at bat any moment.

Last year we had two of the better hitters in recent memory in Schreiber and Wilkening but the huge drop off after those 2 guys hurt us big time. I mean Mojo was still Mojo but you get what I mean.
Gotta get Schwellenbach back but, yeah, up and down the lineup, we are so much better this year than we've seen in a long time. It's actually getting fun to watch.

I posted a week or so ago that we're facing five weeks of very winnable games giving us a strong chance to round nicely into form. We passed the test in week one and off to a fine start in week two. Must. Keep. Rolling.

Question for the panel - When we started this game 1, 2, 3 in rapid form and on just nine pitches then they started the bottom of the 1st with B2B doubles, did anyone else think, "Oh oh, here we go"?

All I could think was how they have like 40 doubles and 20 home runs. Yeah, that was not a happy moment.

Reactions: gunNrun
Question for the panel - When we started this game 1, 2, 3 in rapid form and on just nine pitches then they started the bottom of the 1st with B2B doubles, did anyone else think, "Oh oh, here we go"?

All I could think was how they have like 40 doubles and 20 home runs. Yeah, that was not a happy moment.
I did.

Reactions: k9_r

Me too. I truly feel these next 5 games (well 4 now that we beat Creighton) will give us a much better idea where we are at at a team. The promise is there but I’m ready to see us in our first true conference road test against a decent team in Minny and these 2 conference games.

So far we are a convincing 1-0 with 4 games to go.

Reactions: sklarbodds
When I woke up Tuesday morning... I woke up in a bad mood. Usually not a good omen. I had things going wrong for me all morning. Everything I tired to do that morning just made things even worse. Just could not shake it.
I look online and D1baseball has the Huskers trending up (oh no, here comes the praise then the collapse again). Yup, I totally felt the Huskers would fall Tuesday night to Creighton. Just had that bad feeling in the air.
Then the 3:30ish announcement with Moos about Miles...
Not to bag on Miles (he helped make Nebrasketball fun again)
But then the vibe changed. Everything was now different.
I wasn't planning on attending Tuesday night, but I made it into the ballpark in time to see the first double. Found my seat as the second double scored the first Bluejay run. I think I grumbled to myself, "you wanted to be here."
But after that,
it was pretty much good vibes from there on out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT