ADVERTISEMENT

25 May 2019 Game 51: (5) Nebraseball vs (2) Michigan at Big Ten Tournament (Omaha) - Mich wins 18-8

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
Opponent will be either Michigan or Maryland, who play in about an hour.

EDIT: Michigan defeated Maryland and the Wolverines will be our opponent tomorrow. Hopefully just once :)

Last edited:
Think we throw Eddins tomorrow or try to save him for the following game (either elimination later on Saturday or the Sunday championship)?

Think we throw Eddins tomorrow or try to save him for the following game (either elimination later on Saturday or the Sunday championship)?
I think you have to throw him. You are set up to have to lose twice anyway so why risk having to play another game is my thought. They’ll probably go Leunsmann to start the championship game if we win the 1st game tomorrow.

Reactions: saluno22
Erstad said they are going with Reese (sp?). Gonna keep doing the typical rotation which I finally agree with him on something.
Yep, I didn’t like when he pitched Palkert Wednesday but it looks to be a moot point as of now. I also thought putting in Hallmark was a great idea.

Reactions: saluno22
What is interesting is we’ve only moved up one RPI spot since starting the tourney 2-0. My guess is the higher seeded teams losing actually hurts us more. @k9_r any thoughts?

What will Michigan or Maryland have for pitching? Which is a better match up for the Huskers??

Yep, just a guess based on how Erstad likes to approach his starters in tourney mode. He’d rather start a senior and have him going 2 innings than the other way around. At least that’s what they normally do.

What will Michigan or Maryland have for pitching? Which is a better match up for the Huskers??
You’d assume based on seeding you’d want Maryland but at this point I think we can beat both if we keep doing what we’re doing.

Nebraska lost Matt Waldron’s start against Minnesota in March and beat the Gophers with him on the mound Wednesday.

Nebraska lost Nate Fisher’s start against Iowa in April and beat the Hawkeyes with him on the mound today.

Nebraska lost Reece Eddins’ start against Michigan in May and he takes the mound against the Wolverines tomorrow.

Nebraska lost Matt Waldron’s start against Minnesota in March and beat the Gophers with him on the mound Wednesday.

Nebraska lost Nate Fisher’s start against Iowa in April and beat the Hawkeyes with him on the mound today.

Nebraska lost Reece Eddins’ start against Michigan in May and he takes the mound against the Wolverines tomorrow.
I like the way you're thinking!

What is interesting is we’ve only moved up one RPI spot since starting the tourney 2-0. My guess is the higher seeded teams losing actually hurts us more. @k9_r any thoughts?
Being as how SOS is 75% of RPI the biggest mover (this late in the season) is how your body of opponents fared. Ours went 6-13 Thursday/Friday.. Stinking losers.

Course they could all bounce back this weekend.

Being as how SOS is 75% of RPI the biggest mover (this late in the season) is how your body of opponents fared. Ours went 6-13 Thursday/Friday.. Stinking losers.

So just reinforces that we want Minnesota to win two today, yes?

Last edited:

So this reinforces why we want Minnesota to win two today, yes?
That would sure be better than Michigan winning twice :D

LF Hallmark
DH Chick
RF Palensky
SS Schwellenbach
3B Altavilla
2B Henwood
C Hellstrom
CF Acker
1B Gomes

RHP Eddins

Hagge not in the staring lineup today.

Wind blowing out to center.

T1 Mich vs Eddins

Nwogu infield single (probably should have been E6)
Franklin single laced past Gomes, Nwogu to 3rd
Blomgren groundrule double to RF corner scores Nwogu

1-0 Michigan, T1 0 out, 2 in scoring position.

Kerr full-count single past Gomes scores two more, advances to 2nd on a bobble by Palensky, then thought about going to 3rd when the throw in went through into foul territory.

3-0 Michigan, T1 0 out, 1 on

Silva mound visit

Last edited:
Lewis G5 holds Kerr at 2nd
Nelson G6 holds Kerr at 2nd
Donovan full-count single over SS scores Kerr

4-0 Michigan, T1 2 out, 1 on

Bullock single between diving Gomes then Henwood moves Donovan to 2nd

Thomas single up the middle scores Donovan, Bullock to 3rd, Thomas to 2nd on an off-line throw to 3rd

5-0 Michigan, T1 2 out, 2 in scoring position

Frazier to the bullpen

Nwogu single to the same spot scores 2 more

7-0 Michigan, T1 2 out, 1 on

Franklin P6 was more difficult than it should have been.

7-0 Michigan, M1

At least we didn’t walk anyone, right?

B1 NU vs Cleveland

Hallmark walk
Chick FC5-4 (nice play by 3B to corral that ball and somehow get it to 2nd)
Palensky full-count F8
Schwellenbach full-count K swinging, but the catcher thought the inning was over... and so did Chick and got caught between 2nd and 3rd

7-0 Michigan, E1

That was just all around bad.

T2 Mich vs Eddins

Blomgren double to RF, under Palensky’s glove (no error for that play)
Kerr full-count walk

Eddins is pulled, Frazier in.

7-0 Michigan, T2 0 out, 2 on

I wouldn't throw anyone in this game that I will need this afternoon...pull kids out of the stands if need be, but don't waste your best arms in a lost cause. What a mess.

Lewis 2nd-pitch single up the middle scores another

8-0 Michigan, T2 0 out, 2 on

10-run rule starts in the 7th, right?

I wouldn't throw anyone in this game that I will need this afternoon...pull kids out of the stands if need be, but don't waste your best arms in a lost cause. What a mess.
Ha that’s why Frazier is in now and why Hallmark was in yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT