ADVERTISEMENT

24 Straight Conference Losses For Fred Hoiberg...

JabroniBlvd

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2005
Not saying fire the guy but holy sh*t this has been a terrible display of basketball since he took over. At least Frost can win a few conf games and be competitive in most games. Fred can't even come within 10 points of teams.

Not saying fire the guy but holy sh*t this has been a terrible display of basketball since he took over. At least Frost can win a few conf games and be competitive in most games. Fred can't even come within 10 points of teams.

lets get this straight from the get go. It wouldn’t matter if we had Roy Williams or Coach K. from Duke. No one would be winning with the talent he inherited. I feel for Fred Hoiberg because our Husker basketball team is making him look absolutely horrible.

Once he gets players like 5 ⭐ Bryce McGowens and Top 100 Wilhelm Breindenbach to add with Walker, Trey, Branton and Allen, then we will see how things go. Fred inherited absolute garbage and right around the time when the BIG 10 basketball teams are all loaded up and very talented. Personally I’m completely ignoring this season and waiting to see how next year goes. Then I’ll start chiming in with worries or congrats.

Last edited:
lets get this straight from the get go. It wouldn’t matter if we had Roy Williams, Coach K. from Duke. No one would be winning with the talent he inherited. I feel for Fred Hoiberg because our Husker basketball team is making him look absolutely horrible.

Once he gets players like 5 ⭐ Bryce McGowens and Top 100 Wilhelm Breindenbach to add with Walker, Trey, Branton and Allen, then we will see how things go. Fred inherited absolute garbage and right around the time when the BIG 10 basketball teams are all loaded up and very talented. Personally I’m completely ignoring this season and waiting to see how next year goes. Then I’ll start chiming in with worries or congrats.

McGowens and Breidenbach have to be having 2nd thoughts right now. Have to hope they don't ask to get out of their LOIs.

I think the Nebraska High School All-State team could beat the Huskers this year (Hepburn, Sallis, Traudt, Fidler, St Thomas).

McGowens and Breidenbach have to be having 2nd thoughts right now. Have to hope they don't ask to get out of their LOIs.

I think the Nebraska High School All-State team could beat the Huskers this year (Hepburn, Sallis, Traudt, Fidler, St Thomas).

I can almost guarantee Bryce isn’t having 2nd thoughts. He’s been more then excited to play with his older brother Trey. Now Breindenbach, he’s probably seeing how badly the Huskers need a low post guy and seeing a ton of playing time coming his way.

But i get it, this season has been bad. I’m curious to see how next season goes with a player like Bryce that can run the offense and score almost at will. Then having a post guy like Breindenbach that can shoot it anywhere on the court. Again, I’m excited to see how we do next season with an actual scorer (Bryce McGowens) that can take over a game almost single handily.

Reactions: 1954

If that’s not what you’re saying then what is it you’re saying?

To put things in perspective for Fred Hoiberg. Here is his record in the college basketball ranks.

ISU 115-56 (67%), 4 NCAA Tournament Appearances in 5 years there and a sweet 16 appearance, 2 Big 12 tournament titles and back to back Top 9 finishes.

Huskers 11-35 and nothing else.

The man is a good Head Coach. Once he gets talent in place, he will no doubt turn that corner. But I’ll say this, if Fred can’t win at Nebraska, then I dont know who we could get to win. He was as good of a Head Coach as we could ever hope for.

Last edited:
To put things in perspective for Fred Hoiberg. Here is his record in the college basketball ranks.

ISU 115-56 (67%), 4 NCAA Tournament Appearances in 5 years there and a sweet 16 appearance, 2 Big 12 tournament titles and back to back Top 9 finishes.

The man is a good Head Coach. Once he gets talent in place, he will no doubt turn that corner. But I’ll say this, if Fred can’t win at Nebraska, then I dont know who we could get to win. He was as good of a Head Coach as we could ever hope for.
Daniel Nee

Daniel Nee

Danny Nee was definitely a solid head coach in the beginning part of his coaching career. The final few years things kind of feel apart on him though. But he was definitely a solid Head Coach.

409-382 (51%) for an overall record.

Reactions: NETransplant
lets get this straight from the get go. It wouldn’t matter if we had Roy Williams or Coach K. from Duke. No one would be winning with the talent he inherited. I feel for Fred Hoiberg because our Husker basketball team is making him look absolutely horrible.

Fred got rid of everyone except 1 or 2 guys and went and recruited these players. There are a few of these guys that have been playing together for over a year on the practice squad, this is hot garbage led by Fred.

Having Coach K would make a huge difference because he can actually coach. The talent level wasn't any better when Sadler was the head man, but at least he could pull out some conference wins. There's no sense of urgency or discipline on this team and that's why we can't pull out a single conference win when teams with even worse talent would be able to. I'll give Hoiberg another year, but he needs to pull his head out and actually coach or his entire tenure is going to be a complete disaster.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I can almost guarantee Bryce isn’t having 2nd thoughts. He’s been more then excited to play with his older brother Trey. Now Breindenbach, he’s probably seeing how badly the Huskers need a low post guy and seeing a ton of playing time coming his way.

But i get it, this season has been bad. I’m curious to see how next season goes with a player like Bryce that can run the offense and score almost at will. Then having a post guy like Breindenbach that can shoot it anywhere on the court. Again, I’m excited to see how we do next season with an actual scorer (Bryce McGowens) that can take over a game almost single handily.
How excited are Trey and Bryce going to be when we go 0'fer in conference play for the second year in a row?

Fred got rid of everyone except 1 or 2 guys and went and recruited these players. There are a few of these guys that have been playing together for over a year on the practice squad, this is hot garbage led by Fred.

Bingo. Remember the arguments of how fast you can turn a roster in BB. It’s turned. He just turned one batch of garbage out and back filled with more garbage

Talent is the key missing ingredient. We have a lot of one and dones on the roster.

We play rec ball on offense. Fred needs to pick a PG and let them run the offense -- McGowens and Webster need to be the ones running the show. Would help the flow and limit turnovers.

It could be a Les Miles at Kansas situation. Not a fan of CBB, but a program like Nebraska needs a young up and comer with a vision and connections to recruit.

but but but, he inherited nothing from Timmy. You can't build a competitive basketball team in such a short time. He needs 4 or 5 years to get his guys in and get them to gel. Wait until next year when he is finally rid of the cancer and players that don't buy in.

never mind, that only works when defending Frost.

I know we never want to miss and opportunity to bash the football coach, ever. But this is pretty lame.

Basketball has a roster of 12, football has a roster of 100+, it does take more time to turn around a football program.

Hoiberg only had one player on the roster, that played for Miles. He chose to blow up the whole roster when he was hired and then did it again, after his first year.

I liked the Hoiberg hire and think he needs ample time, but this has been brutal. We want to crucify Frost for not turning around a losing program in a couple years, and much of that is deserved, as it’s his job to turn it around. But Hoiberg took a program that had back to back winning seasons and has lost 24 confernece games in a row and usually we aren’t even competitive.

I know we never want to miss and opportunity to bash the football coach, ever. But this is pretty lame.

Basketball has a roster of 12, football has a roster of 100+, it does take more time to turn around a football program.

Hoiberg only had one player on the roster, that played for Miles. He chose to blow up the whole roster when he was hired and then did it again, after his first year.

I liked the Hoiberg hire and think he needs ample time, but this has been brutal. We want to crucify Frost for not turning around a losing program in a couple years, and much of that is deserved, as it’s his job to turn it around. But Hoiberg took a program that had back to back winning seasons and has lost 24 confernece games in a row and usually we aren’t even competitive.
That was more for the enablers of Frost rather than a bashing of Frost and was written in a clearly sarcastic tone, well to most. But spin it however you want

edit- understand the results from both squads are unacceptable at this stage of their tenures.

Last edited:
Reactions: grayhairedfreak
We play rec ball on offense. Fred needs to pick a PG and let them run the offense -- McGowens and Webster need to be the ones running the show. Would help the flow and limit turnovers.

I see no resemblance of a offense and too many times there only one pass after crossing the time line and everyone loves to go one on one which leads to bad and lazy shots..

Banton been worthless running the point and very seldom finishes off a drive to the bucket.. Teddy Allen has some horrific turnovers that makes you say “what the F’ was that”

These games 2 days apart from one another and no organized practices is not helping the product on the court either..

Hello, basketball experts!!!! Yes, this has been a bad patch...a really bad patch....but I'm not ready to pull the plug...

He inherited a bad cupboard, and not a ton of people were probably knocking down the door to come here...chance taking...some work, some don't...and he's not coaching in a league with a ton of easy wins...

I would be interested in how many on here actually COACHED a legitimate team...not Y ball...with our precise insights...

He knows what he is doing...he will be fine...

Steve Prohm is currently 2-12 (actually worse than the Huskers) at Iowa State. He may get fired this year. Does Jamie Pollard convince Hoiberg to come back as The Mayor of Ames?? Bring Bryce and Trey McGowens with him? Hey, Tim Miles still lives in town, no better time than a second stint for timmy boy!

Steve Prohm is currently 2-12 (actually worse than the Huskers) at Iowa State. He may get fired this year. Does Jamie Pollard convince Hoiberg to come back as The Mayor of Ames?? Bring Bryce and Trey McGowens with him? Hey, Tim Miles still lives in town, no better time than a second stint for timmy boy!

that is the big rumor on paid board over a cyclonefanatic.com. A lot of smoke over there about Hoiberg interested in Iowa State job.

love a good message board rumor

just please stay the f away from darian devries

I’m happy to give Fred more time. He has basically turned the roster over almost entirely two straight years. That’s on him, of course. But he only has a couple of legit B1G caliber players: I’m not sure why he was able to succeed at ISU quicker than here.

But man, this team is awful. I’ve never seen a team miss so many open looks from 3 AND layups (and dunks). Add in terrible FT shooting, multiple out of control offensive fouls, and a few junior high level traveling calls each game, and you have this disaster.

That would certainly be a kick in the nuts

that is the big rumor on paid board over a cyclonefanatic.com. A lot of smoke over there about Hoiberg interested in Iowa State job.

love a good message board rumor

just please stay the f away from darian devries

Is'nt darian devries the coach at Drake? Talk about a guy that is doing a lot with little.

Reactions: scarletred

You’re a troll. Quit bashing Hoiberg but defend Frost like none other. You lose credibility when you only recognize 1. Nebraska football can recruit top 15 talent. And our coach turns that top 15 talent into 60th place. Let Hoiberg get his 5 Star and win an NCAA game.

You’re a troll. Quit bashing Hoiberg but defend Frost like none other. You lose credibility when you only recognize 1. Nebraska football can recruit top 15 talent. And our coach turns that top 15 talent into 60th place. Let Hoiberg get his 5 Star and win an NCAA game.

I like Hoiberg, I even said he should be given time.

Try not being an idiot of once. I know, not possible.

They will still be really small next year.

Right now, Fred would probably be thrilled to go back to ISY

Prediction: Huskers beat the Illini on Friday.
Now THAT is a bold prediction. Wisconsin played pretty crappy last night and its shooting woes continued, and they still won by 13. The way Illinois has been playing, Friday could get really, really ugly.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I think anyone else on the Big 10 last night would have beaten Wisconsin last night.. they weren’t much better than Nebraska..

Reactions: schuele
but but but, he inherited nothing from Timmy. You can't build a competitive basketball team in such a short time. He needs 4 or 5 years to get his guys in and get them to gel. Wait until next year when he is finally rid of the cancer and players that don't buy in.

never mind, that only works when defending Frost.
But but but nobody who is a N fan can STFU and be patient.

But but but nobody who is a N fan can STFU and be patient.
The program has never in its history won a tourney game.

How patient can a fanbase be? It’s been our only option since basketball was invented.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT