ADVERTISEMENT

24 March 2019 Game 18: Michigan State at Nebraseball (NU wins 6-2)

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
Wouldn't be shocked if this game slipped to Sunday.

Anyway, bullpen cupboard is mostly full for the Big Red.

Reactions: donahues17
Looks like they're about ready to roll, how's the weather in Lincoln? Been drizzling in Omaha for a few hours.

Altavilla has ceased his switch-hitter approach at the plate and has been going exclusively as a left-handed bat regardless this weekend.

0-0 End 2

B3

First two Husker hitters reached, then some questionable ball/strike calls with Cross at the plate and Erstad got a warning.

Then two more Huskers go down, Acker and Hallmark were left in scoring position.

I fear that inning is going to come back to haunt us.

0-0 End 3

Leadoff double (almost a HR) by Gomes, advances to 3rd tagging up on a Roskam foul out, scores on a single by Chick.

1-0 Big Red, B4 1 out, 1 on

2-out 2-RBI triple by Acker scores Cross and Hallmark, then Roskam gets plunked.

3-0 Big Red, B4 2 out, runners on the corners

Lots of bodies heading to the MSU bullpen, 74 pitches so far for the Spartan starter.

Palensky lines a foul ball into Acker's buttocks, then walks.

3-0 Huskers, B4 2 outs, bases loaded for Watson.

Nebraska is a HR shy of the cycle this half inning.

Eddins strands a leadoff walk with the aid of a tremendous catch by Palensky in RF.

3-0 Huskers, M5

A throw is off the mark for Gomes to reach safely, Roskam bunts Gomes to 2nd.
Chick beats out an infield single to the left side, which holds Gomes at 2nd.
Altavilla walks to load the bases.

3-0 Huskers, B5 1 out

Mike Waldron warming to relieve Eddins.

Hallmark rips a 1-RBI single into RF.

4-0 Huskers, B5 1 out, bases loaded for Acker.

Last edited:
Acker singles to RF to score another.

3 RBIs for Acker on the day now.

5-0 Huskers, B5 1 out, bases loaded for Cross.

MSU makes another pitching change.

Last edited:
Cross grounds into a force out at home.

Wild pitch to Palensky scores Hallmark.

6-0 Huskers, B5 2 out, runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Palensky almost hits Acker again as he's stationed in foul territory at 3rd base, then grounds out.

6-0 Big Red, E5

Quick 1-2-3 for Mike Waldron.

6-0 Big Red, M6

Also, Gomes had a nice play.

Last edited:
NU strands a pair.

6-0 NU, E7

Klenke climbs the mound for Nebraska.
Addante PH for Cross and will remain in the game in LF.

I'm calling my shot now, We'll win the B1G this year. The only ones I see as potential trouble are Illinois and Indiana but I think we'll win the series from both.

I'm calling my shot now, We'll win the B1G this year. The only ones I see as potential trouble are Illinois and Indiana but I think we'll win the series from both.
Indiana is not on the schedule but I’ll be pleased if the Illinois series in Lincoln in April decides the conference crown.

Reactions: Wyldcard

And Minnesota, Michigan.

Indiana is not on the schedule but I’ll be pleased if the Illinois series in Lincoln in April decides the conference crown.
I think we finish 4th but that’s fine with me. As long as we qualify for a regional I don’t care so much about where we finish in the standings. To be honest, the post season is all that matters to me. Great sweep today that will lead to bigger and better things.

Reactions: saluno22 and sui111
I think we finish 4th but that’s fine with me. As long as we qualify for a regional I don’t care so much about where we finish in the standings. To be honest, the post season is all that matters to me. Great sweep today that will lead to bigger and better things.
We win either conference title or the conference tourney, we're hosting a regional for the 1st time since 2006. I'm gonna stick by my prediction.

We win either conference title or the conference tourney, we're hosting a regional for the 1st time since 2006. I'm gonna stick by my prediction.
That’s fine. I don’t worry about predictions myself because they mean nothing. The team will decide what it can and can’t do. I’m just a fan. I don’t see a regional host for this team this year but that would be cool. Regardless I just want us to make a regional and have some post season success.

Reactions: saluno22
I honestly don't think either one are as good as their preseason BIG ranks. We'll beat both
Hope you are right but Minnesota pitching will be extremely good. We will have to be on top of our game.

Hope you are right but Minnesota pitching will be extremely good. We will have to be on top of our game.
We've faced the best pitching staff in the nation by far and Minnesota's pitching staff isn't anywhere close to the same galaxy OSU is in. We'll hit em imo. We had alot of screw ups against the Beavers and realistically we could of won 2 of this games. We learned ALOT from that series and this team keeps getting better and better every week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT