ADVERTISEMENT

24 days : Best #24 in Husker history

Kosch

Honorable Mention...
- Special Teams All-Star Brandon Rigoni
- WR Niles Paul. Would have been nice had he not dropped so many passes against unranked Texas in 2010.

All-Hair Team Candidate...
- LB Austin Williams

Futures Consideration...
- OLB Blaise Gunnerson

Bill played on our first two national title teams, his son played on the other three.
... and, as the starting punter, Jesse Kosch almost didn't play a snap in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl win over Florida. Then on his first punt, the Florida returner muffed it and Nebraska recovered.

Reactions: resdog851
I have to go with Brandon Rigoni simply because he may be the most Huskery Husker in the history of Huskers. He even beats out Wyatt Mazour in that regard. Dude was an undersized cannonball of a player that had no regard for his own body on kickoffs. We was one of the funnest players I remember watching in the history of watching Husker football.

I have to go with Brandon Rigoni simply because he may be the most Huskery Husker in the history of Huskers. He even beats out Wyatt Mazour in that regard. Dude was an undersized cannonball of a player that had no regard for his own body on kickoffs. We was one of the funnest players I remember watching in the history of watching Husker football.

Neither Rigoni or Mazour hold a candle to the best Huskery Husker wearing #24. The best walk on to wear this number is Tim McCrady from Plainview, NE. He played in the late 70s and was a major contributor at wingback his last couple of years.

He was an all-state running back and the more prominent brother of the "Gold Dust Twins" as they were nicknamed in high school by the sportswriters from the Norfolk Daily News. Unfortunately, health issues took his life way before his time.

ADVERTISEMENT