ADVERTISEMENT

230 kick off woohoooo

Feb 21, 2012
And it won't be 10 degrees out this time! Looking forward to a great battle Friday. Lots of smash mouth football coming your way due to you not having a QB and Iowa not having a WR to throw too lol.

Reactions: saluno22
Iowa's D has gotten head out of ass lately and is shutting down the run. If Tommy is a pocket passer I love our chances. If Iowa plays like it did vs Michigan on D you will have a very hard time scoring points.

Reactions: saluno22
Iowa has given up on the passing game. They are obviously, out of necessity, going to run the ball. An occasional play designed for an emerging talent, Noah Fant, and a pass to Akrum out of the backfield is Iowa's passing game. Illinois couldn't stop the run. Akrum went all Barry Sanders and created rushing yards in space making defenders miss against Michigan. If Nebraska stops Iowa at the line of scrimmage it's over for the Hawks. If they don't, long, sustained drives are on the menu. Unless Iowa's D, which has been susceptible to long passing plays, leaves Iowa in a hole early. Then Hawks are in trouble. Should be fun. And, as a Hawk fan, I'm just happy I give a sh@! at this point int he season. After the PSU game, I had admittedly lost all hope.

Ya Nebraskas run defense sucks. :confused: How many yards did they give up to Maryland? 11? Not too bad.

Good point. Maryland and Iowa have similar rushing styles out of similar formations with similar results. You will sleep well Thursday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT