ADVERTISEMENT

*** 23 May 2019 Game 50: (8) Iowa vs. (5) Nebraseball at Big Ten Tournament (Omaha) POSTPONED ***

It'll be another late one. I don't think we will be as fortunate as yesterday to have every game finish on time now that everyone's ace has already pitched.

Reactions: saluno22
It'll be another late one. I don't think we will be as fortunate as yesterday to have every game finish on time now that everyone's ace has already pitched.
Most likely. Although Game 5 is headed for a timely finish if Illinois can get three outs.

I’m more concerned about the weather than about other games going long. The rain chances are looking to kick up about the time Ohio State/Maryland is ending.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
I'll have to try to be a little more sober this time :) Drinks before last night got me good :)

Any chance we can trade coaches for this game? Not sure I like our chances here!

Sounds like our game with Iowa can start as late as 11pm.

I thought the limit was 10pm. Well, I'm not staying up that late tonight after last night's game. Given the potential for big attendance at this game, I wish they'd make the call early (like now) to play it tomorrow morning so people can plan (and teams can get rest).

When there was a series of delays in Bloomington a couple years ago, the conference scrapped their rule and Maryland/Nebraska (10:14pm EDT) started really late since both teams were already there and the tourney was way behind. Didn't finish until 1:25am EDT.

The schedule isn't as out of whack this year, but I also didn't know they changed the rule on the start time limit from 10pm to 11pm.

Last edited:

I thought the limit was 10pm. Well, I'm not staying up that late tonight after last night's game. Given the potential for big attendance at this game, I wish they'd make the call early (like now) to play it tomorrow morning so people can plan (and teams can get rest).

When there was a series of delays in Bloomington a couple years ago, the conference scrapped their rule and Maryland/Nebraska (10:14pm EDT) started really late since both teams were already there and the tourney was way behind. Didn't finish until 1:25am EDT.

The schedule isn't as out of whack this year, but I also didn't know they changed the rule on the start time limit from 10pm to 11pm.
I took tomorrow off just in case it was a late game tonight or it was postponed until tomorrow. Only downside is the drive from and back to Lincoln.

I don’t see it when rain is coming in late.Neither Coach wants their starting pitcher warming up for a hours of rain delay..

Tomorrow at 11:00 AM if I were running the show..
Loser in game 8 just has to play a double hitter, not like they haven’t been through this all season long..

Reactions: saluno22
Given the potential for big attendance at this game, I wish they'd make the call early (like now) to play it tomorrow morning so people can plan (and teams can get rest).
I would love it if they announced now the game is moved to noon tomorrow. But I’d also be quite angry if it’s moved to 9:00 a.m.

And I understand the need to do as much as possible to stay on schedule. What if Ohio State-Maryland finishes in 2:20 and then rains tomorrow only let two games be played? I don’t envy the folks who have to make those calls.

I would love it if they announced now the game is moved to noon tomorrow. But I’d also be quite angry if it’s moved to 9:00 a.m.

And I understand the need to do as much as possible to stay on schedule. What if Ohio State-Maryland finishes in 2:20 and then rains tomorrow only let two games be played? I don’t envy the folks who have to make those calls.

Not going to rain tomorrow during the day ..Maybe early morning before 8:00 AM..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT