ADVERTISEMENT

#22 with hours to go...

I would rather have OSU's and UM's classes... I bet Riley would too.
You're right. Our class sucks. Nothing to celebrate. Thanks for opening our eyes.

With you it seems as if it's top 10 or it sucks. Well sorry that you can't see silver linings.

Reactions: ctscts
So a less accurate number is unbiased to you? Really?

No...he won 67 games in 7 seasons from 2008 to 2014 and an interim bowl game in 2003. How you divide that, I have no clue.

But claiming he won 67 games in 7 seasons is not accurate. Both 9.6 and 9.4 lack the true nuance of the situation. Considering the tone of your reply, it was telling which one you chose to use.

I remember the first time I saw you trot out that rounding...it was after stating that he won 10 games a year. When questioned on that, you replied something to the effect of, what does 9.6 round to? It led to many references of "Oklahoma Math". A good time was had by all.

Edit before I go to bed: The point is, while calling out others' bias, you used a loaded number. I found it amusing. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're right. Our class sucks. Nothing to celebrate. Thanks for opening our eyes.

With you it seems as if it's top 10 or it sucks. Well sorry that you can't see silver linings.
Tulsa Tom and Ricky Bobby are on the same wavelength; "If you ain't first, you're last."

No...he won 67 games in 7 seasons from 2008 to 2014 and an interim bowl game in 2003. How you divide that, I have no clue.

But claiming he won 67 games in 7 seasons is not accurate. Both 9.6 and 9.4 lack the true nuance of the situation. Considering the tone of your reply, it was telling which one you chose to use.

I remember the first time I saw you trot out that rounding...it was after stating that he won 10 games a year. When questioned on that, you replied something to the effect of, what does 9.6 round to? It led to many references of "Oklahoma Math". A good time was had by all.

Edit before I go to bed: The point is, while calling out others' bias, you used a loaded number. I found it amusing. Nothing more, nothing less.
Please call out anyone who says Bo won 9 games a year then. Because my number of 9.6 is closer to the dolts who say 9.4 than 9 is. You prove my point. You are fine with bias if it fits your agenda.

This class was a solid start for the staff. They grabbed some bigtime guys. When you consider the way highly-recruited players tended to disappear off Pelini's rosters, this is a big step in the direction of improving the talent level.

The point about Michigan and OSU is valid. NU is not a program that says it wants to win most of its games. The goal they set is trophies. That is going to require being able to consistently match up with and beat MSU, UM and OSU. Don't forget that Penn State won't screw around forever if their current HC can't win. With the classes they've had, that is gonna be a ready-made roster for somebody to come in and be competitive right away if he gets fired. And PSU will pay up for a good coach.

Next year's class shows a lot of promise. If they can push into the top 10 range, we'll be cooking with gas.

Please call out anyone who says Bo won 9 games a year then. Because my number of 9.6 is closer to the dolts who say 9.4 than 9 is. You prove my point. You are fine with bias if it fits your agenda.
Are you a teenager?

To put things into perspective... We went 6-7 yall... Good effort for that record. Next season N has to improve drastically and with a good head start on 16' we could land a top 20-15 class.. Good job by the coaches

Reactions: timnsun

You proved your own point on bias.

You state I'm fine with bias if it fits my own agenda, and yet I clearly pointed out that neither number is reflective of reality. That seems like a logical assertion on your part.

Here's my bias...I support coaches against what I perceive to be false characterizations and attacks. If the archives went back far enough, you'd see I did it with Pelini and I do it with Riley. It's also readily evident based on who I reply to. 3 years ago, most of my replies were to Red Rover and BornNBred. Now you're one I reply to quite often. Well, quite often based on my few posts.

Enjoy your NSD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT