ADVERTISEMENT

#22 with hours to go...

Why do I get the feeling you aren't gonna be happy no matter where we finish?

and sandwiched between Miami and Oregon now.
th

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Why do I get the feeling you are going to be happy no matter where we finish?
I'll bite...

There's a lot to like in the recruits we have committed. Top QB, top Lineman, Top DB, Top running back, good receivers (although Fitz or Simmons would have been awesome)... Good quality in the recruits we have. Would have liked more, but am pleased with what we have.

Oh yeah, top punter as well. :)

I answered your question... will you please answer mine?

I'll bite...

There's a lot to like in the recruits we have committed. Top QB, top Lineman, Top DB, Top running back, good receivers (although Fitz or Simmons would have been awesome)... Good quality in the recruits we have. Would have liked more, but am pleased with what we have.

Specifically, we're missing the big bodies up front.
Generally, we're still lagging far behind our B1G competition.

Specifically, we're missing the big bodies up front.
Generally, we're still lagging far behind our B1G competition.
So you're unhappy we didn't take a DT or two basically. You would have rather they just took a warm body or two at DT that they didn't like than to continue to recruits they do like for this next cycle.

So you're unhappy we didn't take a DT or two basically. You would have rather they just took a warm body or two at DT that they didn't like than to continue to recruits they do like for this next cycle.

I don't recall saying that. We need some big boys on the DL and are still way behind our B1G rivals.

I don't recall saying that. We need some big boys on the DL and are still way behind our B1G rivals.

This staff actually likes what they have on the DL for the future and decided that if they didn't land a couple of top targets, that they would not reach with a plan b type of offer.

Reactions: Yossarian23
Our Dline was better than UCLAs and they have out recruited us under Mora pretty much every season.

Reactions: otismotis08
We don't need some big boys for the DL this year. One would have been nice but no way should we have reached. We probably need two in next year's class. You in fact said we were short on big bodies. We took 4 outstanding O linemen including our top OT target and another kid that some people think will play OT as well so that only leaves DTs. Cmon man.

We don't need some big boys for the DL this year. One would have been nice but no way should we have reached. We probably need two in next year's class. You in fact said we were short on big bodies. We took 4 outstanding O linemen including our top OT target and another kid that some people think will play OT as well so that only leaves DTs. Cmon man.

The big bodies I was referring to are on the DL.

The big bodies I was referring to are on the DL.
Exactly. You said we were short on big bodies. DT is the only position we're maybe short on. Better check the profiles on our DE recruit and some of the other "athletes/LBers". We're good.

I'll bite...

Why do I get the feeling that this is a bunch of bull? They are good in your mind b/c Mike Riley recruited them. Bo Pelini's groceries were bad because Bo Pelini recruited them. 6-7 is good because Mike Riley was coaching. An average of 9.6 wins a season is bad because Bo Pelini was coaching. We could go on and on and on.

I have to be honest. I don't have any grand analysis of this class. I haven't watched a bunch of film of our recruits versus other recruits. I haven't personally stacked our guys up against Michigan, Ohio State, MSU, or PSU. However, in the end I probably will look at what the supposed experts say versus the analysis of fans who think our coach can do no right and/or fans who think our coach can do no wrong.

Reactions: otismotis08
Why do I get the feeling that this is a bunch of bull? They are good in your mind b/c Mike Riley recruited them. Bo Pelini's groceries were bad because Bo Pelini recruited them. 6-7 is good because Mike Riley was coaching. An average of 9.6 wins a season is bad because Bo Pelini was coaching. We could go on and on and on.

I have to be honest. I don't have any grand analysis of this class. I haven't watched a bunch of film of our recruits versus other recruits. I haven't personally stacked our guys up against Michigan, Ohio State, MSU, or PSU. However, in the end I probably will look at what the supposed experts say versus the analysis of fans who think our coach can do no right and/or fans who think our coach can do no wrong.
Personally I'm not as worried about what the "experts" say as I am about what my eyes tell me on Saturdays. My eyes told me that Bo left us some gaping holes in our roster. My eyes also told me that Riley picked up some really nice recruits late last cycle. It appears that we filled some pressing needs with some pretty highly thought of recruits this cycle. Now we'll see how they pan out.

Reactions: BornNBredRed
Personally I'm not as worried about what the "experts" say as I am about what my eyes tell me on Saturdays. My eyes told me that Bo left us some gaping holes in our roster. My eyes also told me that Riley picked up some really nice recruits late last cycle. It appears that we filled some pressing needs with some pretty highly thought of recruits this cycle. Now we'll see how they pan out.
Why do you trust your eyes over the eyes of experts? Have you looked at all of the recruits of OSU, MSU, UM, and PSU to be sure that our guys are better? Football tends to be a zero sum game. It doesn't matter what I think of our athletes if the athletes on the other teams are better than us.

Don't know what to tell you. I was always positive with Bo's recruits, embarrassingly so at times (Mason Wald, for example). It's just my nature.

But what's not to like about POB, LJ, Farniok, Tre Bryant, and the like? A lot of our players have big time offers, which I thought was important to you and others...

Even though I wanted players like Fitz and Simmons, it sure was nice to be in the discussion at the end. At the same time, the organizational skills and approach of our coaches in recruiting far exceeded what we have become accustomed in recent years...

So with all this being said, my previous post is genuine, no matter what you believe. And for the record, not having you believe me in this won't affect me negatively. Have a good night.

Reactions: Yossarian23
Don't know what to tell you. I was always positive with Bo's recruits, embarrassingly so at times (Mason Wald, for example). It's just my nature.

But what's not to like about POB, LJ, Farniok, Tre Bryant, and the like? A lot of our players have big time offers, which I thought was important to you and others...

Even though I wanted players like Fitz and Simmons, it sure was nice to be in the discussion at the end. At the same time, the organizational skills and approach of our coaches in recruiting far exceeded what we have become accustomed in recent years...

So with all this being said, my previous post is genuine, no matter what you believe. And for the record, not having you believe me in this won't affect me negatively. Have a good night.
How dare you show any positivity?

We filled our needs (except for DE, which is admittedly quite important), I don't think any of the recruits are reaches and even though we missed on Fitzpatrick and Simmons I am happy with the receivers we did land and it looks like next year might well be a big year. Over the long haul we will need to recruit consistently in the top 15 with some top 10 classes to be where we should, but this is a very good class for now and gives us some great pieces to build on.

We filled our needs (except for DE, which is admittedly quite important), I don't think any of the recruits are reaches and even though we missed on Fitzpatrick and Simmons I am happy with the receivers we did land and it looks like next year might well be a big year. Over the long haul we will need to recruit consistently in the top 15 with some top 10 classes to be where we should, but this is a very good class for now and gives us some great pieces to build on.
Quayshon, Simmons and Jefferson can put on 20 lbs and put their hand in the dirt at DE if need be. GBR

Last edited:

First you accuse someone of constant negativity and never being happy. I think you are flat out wrong saying that about the poster above.

Second, why were you always positive with Bo's recruiting? He left a lot to be desired.

Finally, we can all pat ourselves on the back and say we like our guys. You ask "what's not to like?" The experts say that our guys don't stack up with OSU, UM, and much of the SEC. What I don't like about our guys is that it appears that are not as good as those on the top teams. I would like our guys a lot better if they looked like the guys in the top ten.

We got a DE with an offer list as long as your arm. We also are taking a couple of framey LB/athletes. I would bet at least one of them grows in to a DE before it is all said and done. We're fine. Love the guys we have committed. Fitz? Meh. We can get somebody to make us forget about him next cycle.

First you accuse someone of constant negativity and never being happy. I think you are flat out wrong saying that about the poster above.

Second, why were you always positive with Bo's recruiting? He left a lot to be desired.

Finally, we can all pat ourselves on the back and say we like our guys. You ask "what's not to like?" The experts say that our guys don't stack up with OSU, UM, and much of the SEC. What I don't like about our guys is that it appears that are not as good as those on the top teams. I would like our guys a lot better if they looked like the guys in the top ten.
If you're referring to yorocco, I challenge you to find a positive post of his.

If you are speaking of kchu5ker555, then you are just plain wrong. I never said he is always negative and never happy. You dreamed that one big guy... What I did say is I have a feeling he won't be happy where recruiting ends, no matter what. Has nothing to do with other areas of husker football. I'm being specific to recruiting, because he is the one who has posted repeatedly where we are currently. I assumed this time he wasn't happy, which he confirmed with what is missing in this class. He didn't come back and say he's good with it. So I guess I was right.

Regarding Bo's recruiting, it's called Kool aid, which I drank a lot of. I was more impressed with his hits and overlooked his misses. Shame on me for always being positive.

And finally, yes it would be great if we were right there with Ohio state and Michigan and the SEC, but that doesn't mean we don't have some real players... sorry you don't see that, I can see that you will be more disappointed than me, which will make this summer that much longer for you.

Why do you trust your eyes over the eyes of experts? Have you looked at all of the recruits of OSU, MSU, UM, and PSU to be sure that our guys are better? Football tends to be a zero sum game. It doesn't matter what I think of our athletes if the athletes on the other teams are better than us.
I trust MY eyes on SATURDAYS. I put plenty of value at this stage in what the "experts" say but their Rivals ranking doesn't mean anything when the rubber meets the road. I like what Riley did late last year. I wondered about Devine. Not any more. He picked up a couple of guys late that I worried were reaches but not anymore. He has EARNED my trust in his evaluation and heaven knows he's WAY more qualified to evaluate talent than internet recruiting gurus.

gonna assume the majority of these recruits are going to be difference makers on the field until they show me they arent...to be fair no one knows how these kids will pan out but I will choose to believe that our coaching staff knows what they are doing until they show me they dont

I like how you try to point out other poster's bias and then you go ahead and divide 66 by 7 and get 9.6. Which can coincidentally round to 10, instead of 9 like 9.4 does.

Yes, I know why you say it's 9.6. And that line of logic fits in perfectly with what you're talking about being in other people's minds.

I trust MY eyes on SATURDAYS. I put plenty of value at this stage in what the "experts" say but their Rivals ranking doesn't mean anything when the rubber meets the road. I like what Riley did late last year. I wondered about Devine. Not any more. He picked up a couple of guys late that I worried were reaches but not anymore. He has EARNED my trust in his evaluation and heaven knows he's WAY more qualified to evaluate talent than internet recruiting gurus.
I would rather have OSU's and UM's classes... I bet Riley would too.

I like how you try to point out other poster's bias and then you go ahead and divide 66 by 7 and get 9.6. Which can coincidentally round to 10, instead of 9 like 9.4 does.

Yes, I know why you say it's 9.6. And that line of logic fits in perfectly with what you're talking about being in other people's minds.
So a less accurate number is unbiased to you? Really?

ADVERTISEMENT