ADVERTISEMENT

'21 Top QB Target Dematrius Davis

As I sit there and watch his film I can’t help but think he is tossing the rock to some pretty solid WRs they bailed him out on a few on them... and even on ones where he mad a really nice toss they mad some good moves and got some extra YAC to add to those stats...

Getting yac also comes from throwing to the right guy, and any good qb should make that happen, and many have their own decent wrs.
It's not a yardage race, its a touch and ability to see the field and make something happen.
Quick blinker with a nice stroke.

Getting yac also comes from throwing to the right guy, and any good qb should make that happen, and many have their own decent wrs.
It's not a yardage race, its a touch and ability to see the field and make something happen.
Quick blinker with a nice stroke.

Absolutely I agree to that and would also add in there it involves throwing your guy open... I’m not meaning to take anything away from him... just pointing out that he is also tossing to what looks to be some solid WRs... heck the whole video started with is WR making a catch in what looked like triple coverage in the back corner of the end zone... I’m just giving props to them as well

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
After reading all the articles about Smothers, i feel he would welcome the competion. he seems like a gamer.

After reading all the articles about Smothers, i feel he would welcome the competition. he seems like a gamer.

True...but every QB likes the competition for a position, up until the point that they don't win that competition...examples are every QB that has transferred schools after not being the starter the past few years

I love how we try and pretend to know what a 16-18 year old kid is thinking. I'll read and enjoy every bit of it, its plain silly to pretend to know what some high school kid is thinking.

With that being said, we seem to be pretty damn good at recruiting qbs, so I will trust their process and assume we can hang on to most of them. It is probably inevitable to always keep everyone happy though, and at some point we will see someone transfer. (I don't really count POB and Gebbia due to the coaching change)

Are we going to get him? There have been some recent predictions for aTm.

One things for certain...as long as Scott Frost and Coach V are here, QB won’t ever be an issue again. They will keep at least a couple good to elite QBs on the roster at all times.
Anyone else taking note of the fact that Frost and crew are stacking talent at the two positions the last two regimes couldn't? Namely Offensive tackle and QB.

Anyone else taking note of the fact that Frost and crew are stacking talent at the two positions the last two regimes couldn't? Namely Offensive tackle and QB.

I think this is across the board. We finally have RB's where Reggie Davis couldnt do anything. DL is building.. Secondary....

Reactions: saluno22
I think this is across the board. We finally have RB's where Reggie Davis couldnt do anything. DL is building.. Secondary....
I was thinking of the last two coaches. One thing Bo seemed able to do was get really good RB's. I'd take Ameer on this team in a heartbeat. Rex too.

I was thinking of the last two coaches. One thing Bo seemed able to do was get really good RB's. I'd take Ameer on this team in a heartbeat. Rex too.
2011 RB Recruits:

Ameer Abdullah
Aaron Green
Braylon Heard

That was quite a pull, too bad only one of them stuck around. But he was a great one.

we not only get this guy, he wins 2 heismans while here and declares early for the draft
I only wish he was coming here BUT he already decided he doesn't want to play for Frost because he thinks Frost requires the QB to run too much of the time.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63

Not arguing but "stacking" and seeing it impress do not seem to be congruent right now.

Reactions: Sous Chef
I only wish he was coming here BUT he already decided he doesn't want to play for Frost because he thinks Frost requires the QB to run too much of the time.

I am not sure it is a requirement...more like a necessity. Have you seen our offensive line? Winking

ADVERTISEMENT