ADVERTISEMENT

#21.....all bark,no bite.

Of course by watching on TV not able to see every defensive assignment as it transpires, but I couldn't be more unimpressed with #21 (intentionally not going to name him) on how he plays. I thought as a senior he'd be more about the team at this point and let his play do the talking for him, but he continues to have that vibe, imo, that he is a "me first" dude. Two plays stick out from last nights game;
--thought he had a chance to make an "attempt" to make a tackle of an Illinois player at the 5 yd line but meekly pushes him at the goal line.
--he comes free on the rush to the QB, finds himself in position to make a jarring, legal tackle but really shows no desire to show any physicality on the tackle, as though he fears HE might get hurt.

Sadly, I just think this is who he is at this point, not able or not willing to change. OSU is going to have a field day on his side of the field.
GBR !

I think u are wrong but to each his own.

Holla

Reactions: bigredhunter
Ended up being an ok college player.

No chance in the NFL. Doesn’t have the hips, speed, toughness or ball skills.
He'll be playing on Sunday's and you can take that to the bank.

Pretty sure the OP is a Russian troll. 15 total posts is always a red flag. As many others have commented, Jackson is vastly improved in a TON of ways and hardly recognizable to the guy playing a couple years ago. The fact that the coaches trust and actually call his number to do corner blitzes speak to his ability and progression from years past.
No doubt in my mind this is true. Start a derogatory post against one of the bright spots on the team, get hammered for it over and over again, and never return to the thread?

Troll.

I don't think he's a great player at all. Has allot of mental breakdown in key, pressure packed situations. He's better this year, but no way is he a great player. I also agree that he's a very self centered player, not a team first kind of guy.

That actually just means he’s a boundary corner.
Considering he was the prototypical corner coming out of high school who looked like a jr. high punter covering guys his first couple of years, I consider this distinction a great promotion. His first couple of years he covered like said punter and tackled like the same or at best Deon Sanders.

He now is a pretty good college cover corner and actually tackles like a decent safety at times. I suspect he is quietly working his way into an NFL contract next year, be it getting drafted or a free agent contract. Alfonso Dennard was the quiet guy who looked great covering guys opposite Prince a few years back. He was probably a 2nd round draft pick who quickly worked himself into a 7th round pic that disappeared in the NFL real quick. I see Jackson as the opposite. He is working to turn things around and is quickly getting better every game. At worst, he has worked himself into an NFL safety.

I couldn't be more unimpressed with #21 (intentionally not going to name him) on how he plays.
i'm sure he is absolutely devastated by your omission, one can only pray he will recover from such disrespect.

you are a brave man, takes tremendous courage to do what you did.

Our secondary gave up 9 completions and you all are giving them a hard time?
I think you are confused.
No you're confused. I agreed with your post that I replied to. I even 'liked' your post. You then told me to shut the hell up!

Your point of only giving up 9 completions says Lamar and the secondary had a good game which I strongly agree with.

You wrote "you all are giving them a hard time." No we're not. The OP for some reason is giving Lamar a hard time but the rest of us fans have been happy with his performance so far.

He'll be playing on Sunday's and you can take that to the bank.

I'm sure he will end up playing on Sundays too but I also believe the NFL coaches and players will force him to play more physical. THAT is the shame, he has the body to play physical and the talent. He just doesn't have the want to. I recall reading an article where an anonymous coach said when you play Nebraska run at their corners because they are soft.

I'm sure he will end up playing on Sundays too but I also believe the NFL coaches and players will force him to play more physical. THAT is the shame, he has the body to play physical and the talent. He just doesn't have the want to. I recall reading an article where an anonymous coach said when you play Nebraska run at their corners because they are soft.

Ummm...every offensive coach wants to run at the cornerbacks...it means you are gashing the **** out of the defense.

Of course by watching on TV not able to see every defensive assignment as it transpires, but I couldn't be more unimpressed with #21 (intentionally not going to name him) on how he plays. I thought as a senior he'd be more about the team at this point and let his play do the talking for him, but he continues to have that vibe, imo, that he is a "me first" dude. Two plays stick out from last nights game;
--thought he had a chance to make an "attempt" to make a tackle of an Illinois player at the 5 yd line but meekly pushes him at the goal line.
--he comes free on the rush to the QB, finds himself in position to make a jarring, legal tackle but really shows no desire to show any physicality on the tackle, as though he fears HE might get hurt.

Sadly, I just think this is who he is at this point, not able or not willing to change. OSU is going to have a field day on his side of the field.
GBR !

I think Lamar will get drafted. But the dude is completely unwilling to tackle a running back. He literally grabs onto a reciever and pretends to get blocked. And I sware he just guesses where the ball is going to be thrown and made a couple right guesses on his picks!

I think Lamar will get drafted. But the dude is completely unwilling to tackle a running back. He literally grabs onto a reciever and pretends to get blocked. And I sware he just guesses where the ball is going to be thrown and made a couple right guesses on his picks!
I sware not a day goes by that a poster doesn't unintentionally out themselves as an absolute moron by being completely unwilling to tackle correct spelling

I hope I can guess the right powerball numbers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT