ADVERTISEMENT

2025 or huge buyout fee?

That's what I read. Big 12 members have to give 18 months notice. Pukes and Sooners said they are not renewing with Big 12 after 2025. So when are they leaving all the Bevo boot lickers behind? Sorry old Big 8 brothers. You never had our backs. Now you're on your own. Enjoy. Lol
Looks like NU, Missouri, A@M, Colorado all saw the writing on the wall years in advance. T.O could smell Bevos stink many years ago and warned everyone. All the pussies aka KSU, ISU, etc who jumped into Bevos bed and gave us grief for leaving. 😆. Who's the dummies now?? Suck it old Big 8. You sold your soul to the Texass devils. Live with it. Ha

Big 12 will be gone before 2025. Once WVU and others get a new home that conference his ancient history. Then the leftover Pac schools can joing the AAC as a "national conference" of smaller schools with an east and west.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
No. But I've got a question for you. Is the Big 12 the last conference you intend to destroy with your arrogance and greed? Or do you plan to destroy the SEC like you did the SWC, Big 8 and Big 12?
Just to clarify, I have no say in what a university does or does not do, I'm just a fan. To answer your question, Texas hasn't left a conference since the 1920's. The Big 8/SWC merged and been there ever since. Ill give you arrogance but if it was greed, wouldn't OU and Texas have taken the offer presented to them Sunday? And lastly, isn't in your best interest if there was no SEC? You should be wanting the SEC to fail.
Also, a Husker fan sold me some salsa a long time ago, is he still here?

Just to clarify, I have no say in what a university does or does not do, I'm just a fan. To answer your question, Texas hasn't left a conference since the 1920's. The Big 8/SWC merged and been there ever since. Ill give you arrogance but if it was greed, wouldn't OU and Texas have taken the offer presented to them Sunday? And lastly, isn't in your best interest if there was no SEC? You should be wanting the SEC to fail.
Go ahead and make up your own facts.....like usual.

If the Big 12 dissolves before our eyes…the huge buyout fees could disappear. I think that is what Texas and OU are hoping for.
That would be ideal for Texas and Oklahoma.

More likely, a buyout is negotiated and Texas and Oklahoma are playing SEC football in 2022 or 2023 at the latest.

Reports are that with Texas and Oklahoma each SEC school could receive nearly $80 million per school/per year.

Sankey will see to it that Texas and Oklahoma are in the SEC as soon as possible. SEC TV contracts include language allowing contracts to be re-negotiated if SEC adds more schools.

Reactions: DaServo
Back in 92/93 while talks were going on with the 4 soon to be additions to the Big 8, Osborne warned the rest of the BIG 8 about Texas and what they would do when they got here and everyone ignored what Osborne said which turned out to be true and the rest of the Big 8 teams ignored what he was saying and sided with Texass. Now look what's goin on now and when us, Mizzou, Colorado and A&M bolted back in 2010. Fk our former Big 8 bretheren as they are now gonna get their comin's up and they deserve it! GOOO BIG RED!!!!

Last edited:
No.. show me horns down. But I've got a question for you? Is the Big 12 the last conference you intend to destroy with your arrogance and greed? Or do you plan to destroy the SEC like you did the SWC, Big 8 and Big 12?
They will not destroy the SEC. Its bigger than the shorthorns.

the big should take over the pac, remaining big 12, nd, byu and boise state and whatever the acc has that works....3/4th of the USA..BIG
then the sec can be the sec, with texas and oklahoma, good luck with that...
but we don't want to sign the remaining big 12, till they collect 80 million from texas and oklahoma first....
that was very important to oklahoma and texas, that anyone leaving pays huge fines. so their wishes should be respected...

I'm curious to hear from the ISU and KSU fans lurking. How do you feel now that the Horns left you with your dicks in your hands? Also, need to hear you were right Mr. Osborne. We should have had your backs all along but we were tired of the yearly ass whippings and thought siding with the evil empire would make it all better. Hahaha. Whoops

I'm curious to hear from the ISU and KSU fans lurking. How do you feel now that the Horns left you with your dicks in your hands? Also, need to hear you were right Mr. Osborne. We should have had your backs all along but we were tired of the yearly ass whippings and thought siding with the evil empire would make it all better. Hahaha. Whoops
I suspect they overconfidently thought they were on the level in recent years since they played competitive football with Oklahoma and Texas. It was never about that. They should have been smarter.

Reactions: HBK4life
They will not destroy the SEC. Its bigger than the shorthorns.
True. The pukes will find out the hard way that strong arming Bama and LSU won't be as easy as doing it to the Clones and Kitties. Sorry Texass you just went from the big fish in the small pond to little fish in an $EC ocean. Your big hat routine isn't impressing anyone in the $EC. I feel sorry for A@M. It's like an abusive relationship. Can't get away.

Salsa man is in a prison somewhere south of the border. 🌮💃🏾

If the Big 12 dissolves before our eyes…the huge buyout fees could disappear. I think that is what Texas and OU are hoping for.
This is exactly right. No way Texas and OU want to stay until 2025 and they have been counting all along on the Big 12 just dissolving very quickly once they announced their departure

Reactions: TFrazier
This is exactly right. No way Texas and OU want to stay until 2025 and they have been counting all along on the Big 12 just dissolving very quickly once they announced their departure

This is what OU and Texas are hoping for. If and when Kansas leaves the dominoes will fall and they will not have to pay the buyout.

Personally, I hope every team finds a nice landing spot because some of these communities could be negatively impacted by this realignment.

This is what OU and Texas are hoping for. If and when Kansas leaves the dominoes will fall and they will not have to pay the buyout.

Personally, I hope every team finds a nice landing spot because some of these communities could be negatively impacted by this realignment.

They shouldn’t have a sided with Texass on everything. I also remember a number of these school’s flirting with the PAC 10 before our departure.

I agree. All rivalries aside I truly liked every venue I visited while going to games in the old Big 8 footprint. Even Boulder. And I do worry that small communities like Manhattan Kansas or Stillwater will be hurt badly by this if they are left out in the cold.

I agree. All rivalries aside I truly liked every venue I visited while going to games in the old Big 8 footprint. Even Boulder. And I do worry that small communities like Manhattan Kansas or Stillwater will be hurt badly by this if they are left out in the cold.

I have family that lives in one of the small communities that would be impacted by the Big 12 dissolving. They are very worried for the actual community itself and they do not cheer for the team located there.

I have family that lives in one of the small communities that would be impacted by the Big 12 dissolving. They are very worried for the actual community itself and they do not cheer for the team located there.

Been to every Big 12 town either through work or game attendance. They all have their specialty.

I agree. Gonna hurt some really good people. Lawrence, KS is pretty kickass.

The TV networks are heavily involved here. They want the teams playing in the SEC as quickly as possible. Multiple reports of this. The reports are saying that the networks could be picking up the penalty fees from early departure so OU and TX could be playing either 2022 or 2023....2023 seems more likely. Networks are playing a large role in working out the details.

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
Pretty much every B12 school not named "Oklahoma" or "Texas" has been left out in the cold.

Because the remaining B12 members are not negotiating their futures with other conferences on their own terms.

They're negotiating them from a position of weakness. And that rarely ends well.

The best time to find a job? When you already have one.

That's what Colorado, and TAMU, and Nebraska, and Mizzou knew. Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this was going to happen. Just a matter of 'when'.

The TV networks are heavily involved here. They want the teams playing in the SEC as quickly as possible. Multiple reports of this. The reports are saying that the networks could be picking up the penalty fees from early departure so OU and TX could be playing either 2022 or 2023....2023 seems more likely. Networks are playing a large role in working out the details.
This has been my thought all along. Why would OU and Texas be worried about penalty fees? If the SEC and the networks want this to happen, then the money isn’t an issue. They’ll make ten times what they pay out in fees within 5 years. That’s not a penalty, that’s an investment.

That's what I read. Big 12 members have to give 18 months notice. Pukes and Sooners said they are not renewing with Big 12 after 2025. So when are they leaving all the Bevo boot lickers behind? Sorry old Big 8 brothers. You never had our backs. Now you're on your own. Enjoy. Lol
Texas and Oklahoma aren't worried about any buyout fee. They know if the leave the Big 12 it collapses quickly and there is no conference left to pay. The other teams already are exploring options to go to other conferences.

Texas and Oklahoma aren't worried about any buyout fee. They know if the leave the Big 12 it collapses quickly and there is no conference left to pay. The other teams already are exploring options to go to other conferences.
They both play FB in the SEC after this season. We all know this right ?

Back in 92/93 while talks were going on with the 4 soon to be additions to the Big 8, Osborne warned the rest of the BIG 8 about Texas and what they would do when they got here and everyone ignored what Osborne said which turned out to be true and the rest of the Big 8 teams ignored what he was saying and sided with Texass. Now look what's goin on now and when us, Mizzou, Colorado and A&M bolted back in 2010. Fk our former Big 8 bretheren as they are now gonna get their comin's up and they deserve it! GOOO BIG RED!!!!

Osborne was a VERY wise man. I would be interested to hear his thoughts on the recent moves. It seems like the SEC is preparing the knock out blow and many are not giving them enough consideration of just how big a stick they have. The money is clearly in their corner and money rules right now. This won’t be popular but Nebraska would be better off to get in front of this vs hanging on with the B1G. If the current rumors are even remotely true we could get left behind when this whole thing shakes out. Times are a changing folks.

Reactions: Wyldcard
Osborne was a VERY wise man. I would be interested to hear his thoughts on the recent moves. It seems like the SEC is preparing the knock out blow and many are not giving them enough consideration of just how big a stick they have. The money is clearly in their corner and money rules right now. This won’t be popular but Nebraska would be better off to get in front of this vs hanging on with the B1G. If the current rumors are even remotely true we could get left behind when this whole thing shakes out. Times are a changing folks.

Trev is already on the phone.

ADVERTISEMENT