ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Texas WR Brice Turner commits to Nebraska

denzel-boom-gif-1.gif

I wonder if this is initially a football or a track scholarship.

I'll be fascinated in general to see how this recruiting approach turns out as it's dramatically different than anything Nebraska's done since I began following recruiting in the early 2000s. Rhule and his staff must be really confident in their ability to develop (what I assume, given his offer list) raw football players with insane measurables. Regardless, welcome to anyone who wants to get aboard and get this program back upwards.

I'll be fascinated in general to see how this recruiting approach turns out as it's dramatically different than anything Nebraska's done since I began following recruiting in the early 2000s. Rhule and his staff must be really confident in their ability to develop (what I assume, given his offer list) raw football players with insane measurables. Regardless, welcome to anyone who wants to get aboard and get this program back upwards.

I see many 60 plus TD catches in his future playing against the stiffs in the BIG west division

Rhule has the track record. I spent time reading about his story at Baylor, and he focuses on speed and is confident in his ability to build and develop. I am excited for this.

His 100 and 200 times would have gotten a spot in the B1G outdoor meet. Not elite track speed, but definitely D1 level track speed. His times would have been the fastest on NU's team in 2022.

My only question is why he doesn't have any other significant offers. I have a large amount of faith in Rhule, but was surprised more people were not at the table given his speed.

His 100 and 200 times would have gotten a spot in the B1G outdoor meet. Not elite track speed, but definitely D1 level track speed. His times would have been the fastest on NU's team in 2022.
This kid is faster than heck.

The track coaches will lower his time by .1/.2 or more, just by cleaning up his mechanics. He really stands to lower his 200 times.

He has that long stride, somewhat like Carl Lewis although, understandably, not nearly as fluid.

This kid has the potential to run past a whole lotta BIG DBs.

As an NU fan, I'll gladly take another half dozen like him.

This kid is faster than heck.

The track coaches will lower his time by .1/.2 or more, just by cleaning up his mechanics. He really stands to lower his 200 times.

He has that long stride, somewhat like Carl Lewis although, understandably, not nearly as fluid.

This kid has the potential to run past a whole lotta BIG DBs.

As an NU fan, I'll gladly take another half dozen like him.
Track coaches are super giddy.

Diamond in the rough recruiting...

I remember people losing their mind when other Husker coaches did it this way.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Track coaches are super giddy.
I can see why. As naturally fast as he is, the track coaches will clean up a couple of little things that will contribute to lowering his speed.

He has the potential to be a monster in the 200 if he knows how or can be taught how to run the turn correctly.

On the football field, very few DBs are going to be able to run with this kid.

It’s a transition coaching year with a ton of decoms @ WR. This is the type of guy a coach should recruit with this little time. It’s a “have nothing to lose, but we might hit gold” way of thought

Recruit ha Very good speed & Actually good size too. Obviously is concerning the lack of offers.But If it doesn’t turn in to a football player, then hopefully he can move to our track team or transfer Pairie view A&M.

It’s like what do we really expect at this point? We aren’t going to land a high ranked class.

Hopefully Rhule finds more Cam Taylor Brit, Ozigbo, Dennard, & Brandon Jacksons types

And less Justin McGriff, Lavan Alston,Mason Wald, and Shamus McKoy types

ADVERTISEMENT