ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Texas WR Brice Turner commits to Nebraska

It’s a transition coaching year with a ton of decoms @ WR. This is the type of guy a coach should recruit with this little time. It’s a “have nothing to lose, but we might hit gold” way of thought

Recruit ha Very good speed & Actually good size too. Obviously is concerning the lack of offers.But If it doesn’t turn in to a football player, then hopefully he can move to our track team or transfer Pairie view A&M.

It’s like what do we really expect at this point? We aren’t going to land a high ranked class.

Hopefully Rhule finds more Cam Taylor Brit, Ozigbo, Dennard, & Brandon Jacksons types

And less Justin McGriff, Lavan Alston,Mason Wald, and Shamus McKoy types
Relax. We will be fine

I remain objective but optimistic.

Dig down and try to find some optimism.
I am optimistic. But I will not buy into hype and kool aid. We got a solid looking recruit today. Good on us. I hope that trend continues. I am optimistic it will. But nothing has been proven yet. As of now it is all just hypotheticals. Come next season, show me the goods.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Trev told us the kind of coach he wanted. Rhule told us exactly how he recruits and operates. Rhule’s track record of recruiting “missed” guys and coaching them up is out there for all to see.

People on here bitch because of “no stars” or “need to wait and see.” You can’t make this shit up.

Trev told us the kind of coach he wanted. Rhule told us exactly how he recruits and operates. Rhule’s track record of recruiting “missed” guys and coaching them up is out there for all to see.

People on here bitch because of “no stars” or “need to wait and see.” You can’t make this shit up.
I think the formula of Rhule was fairly clear. The problem is the results have not been nearly as clear. So answer this question - do you think Nebraska can consistently win the division with this strategy?

Reactions: Yantzeee
Former huskers

Jaron Woodyard and Isiah Fluellen were pretty successful track guys recruited to be WRs

No comments on the original photo but I hope people know that is Carl Lewis in the middle

is he the fastest guy ever recruited to nebraska?
Riley Washington, a wingback on the mid-90s teams, came in as a state record holder in sprints from California. He also ran for the NU track team, and pretty sure he placed well in the Big 8 conference meets. Don't know how their times compare, but Washington was fast.

Reactions: huntered
I think the formula of Rhule was fairly clear. The problem is the results have not been nearly as clear. So answer this question - do you think Nebraska can consistently win the division with this strategy?
Wisconsin has been doing it for years.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think a team in the midst of 6 straight losing seasons might want to try to get to .500 before they set their sights on winning a division.

Rhule—in college—has been successful as a head coach, and yes, I think he will be successful here. In fact, I think he is what we need.

It's not the entire strategy. He's got a system for development, but he needs top quality raw materials first. How anyone knows when a player has room to grow versus having peaked is a mystery to me.

Reactions: king_kong_
Wisconsin has been doing it for years.
I would be thrilled if we could figure out how they do it with lineman, assuming they don't have some super secret doping program. They turn three star local kids into NFL monsters

Can never have enough speed
I don’t know if you heard Charlie McBride’s interview on 590 a couple of weeks ago but it was informative in that regard. He was talking to a current college coach friend and asked him if he had watched Nebraska this year and what he thought the problem was. The guy’s answer was they’re lacking speed at key positions.

I don’t know if you heard Charlie McBride’s interview on 590 a couple of weeks ago but it was informative in that regard. He was talking to a current college coach friend and asked him if he had watched Nebraska this year and what he thought the problem was. The guy’s answer was they’re lacking speed at key positions.
We were exposed against ga southern big time

Very lucky only one team in our league had the horses to replicate it

We’ve had success with track/football dual sport athletes in the past, too. Some all conference guys recently if I’m remembering correctly?

I can see where Rhule's approach could make the developmental players less likely to transfer. Coming in they will know they are raw, need time to develop, and very well may not play for a couple years. They won't be like all these 4 & 5 star players that think they should start from day one and transfer rather than sticking it out if they don't.

Developmental program at its finest. Osborne scouted players at basketball games.
That’s what we need to be. This isn’t Florida or Texas. By all means go after everyone, but we have to be able to develop players and also have a strong walk on program. We need to go back to our identity. Dominant lines…all of it.

As we get better we will have increased sway to pull instant game changers.

If Rhule has a brain in his head he'll adopt his strategy to prevailing circumstances. Would Devaney recruit the same way he always did if presented with the reality of NIL? I think he'd adapt, have a shot of Four Roses and bang a lonely widow.

• Love
Reactions: king_kong_
Which doesn't address the question so silence tells me everything.
Rhule's history shows that in Year 3 there is marked improvement in the W/L area. Will that be the case in the new Big Ten? It's hard to tell since there may not be any divisions.

If there are divisions, will the normal Big Ten teams also include USC or UCLA, or both?

You know how it can be, sometimes a team is much, much improved yet it doesn't show up in the W/L area. I do think by Year 2, NU will be able to beat the majority of teams in the league, but OSU, MICH, PSU, USC, and UCLA are going to be the teams to beat.

I do think Rhule may be the "do or die" coach for the NU football program. If he's unable to get this turned around by Year 3, that will have been almost 10 years since NU began a move up the football ladder.

I'm content in letting him do this thing with, hopefully, minimal bitching on my part because prior to his hiring this program has been going nowhere.

But, for anyone to give a concrete number on how long, with his methodology, it may take to consistently win a division is total guesswork on all of our part.

I remember when McCartney talked early about beating NU, and I mostly chuckled. It took him some years, but he did finally pull it off. So, anything is possible.

Since I gave you my opinion, how long do YOU think it will take?

My guess is he was primarily referring to our LBs and strong safeties

Reimers is tough as nails but he is undersized to play MLB and not fast enough to play strong safety or in a Domann role
You know Jay Foreman was never a fast backer but he was ALWAYS where he needed to be and he was a big dude as I recall. He also had a great D line in front of him that limited how long a QB had.

The roster size listings for Reimer in particular I think aren’t accurate. The eyeball says he’s 15 lbs lighter at least than what he’s listed at. If we could put 15 lbs on him without losing any speed he could be a beast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT