ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Texas WR Brice Turner commits to Nebraska

Agreed.

Before we all get too giddy, NU needs to get him signed, sealed, and delivered to Lincoln. In this age of transfers, poaching, and the portal, it is proving more difficult than ever.
I mean...I feel like this one is in the bag.

My only question is why he doesn't have any other significant offers. I have a large amount of faith in Rhule, but was surprised more people were not at the table given his speed.

They beelined straight for this kid. Tells you something, especially with Rhule’s history of turning guys like this into NFL material.

I am happy to see a recruiting commitment after all of the news of decommits and transfers. But I am not going to get excited about a single recruit until I see them play.

I for one am not going to be happy or excited about anything to do with our program until everything is awesome again. ;)

So basically what you’re saying is “Bah! Humbug!”🤣
Not at all! I am happy to have a new recruit and one that seems to have upside. But I have just seen too many recruiting busts over the past five years to put any huge hope in a new recruit. But this is why I love the hiring of coach Rhule. Because unlike Frost he actually develops talent which will lead to far fewer recruiting busts hopefully. But until that shows up on the field I am not drinking any kool aid.

Not at all! I am happy to have a new recruit and one that seems to have upside. But I have just seen too many recruiting busts over the past five years to put any huge hope in a new recruit. But this is why I love the hiring of coach Rhule. Because unlike Frost he actually develops talent which will lead to far fewer recruiting busts hopefully. But until that shows up on the field I am not drinking any kool aid.

You’ll be drunk on Kool Aid like the rest of us when the season starts. :D

Can we hold you to that when a 5-star commits?
Yes. I remember when Callahan landed Harrison Beck and we were all giddy and conjuring up conference championship scenarios because one of the most highly rated pro style QB's committed to us. And he turned into a complete bust. And a few of our current offensive lineman were solid four star guys we were all excited about only to have them suck. I remember when Marlon Lucky was touted as the next Mike Rozier and he turned out to be a decent but not great running back. Don't get me wrong -- stars matter and the higher the recruits we get the better. You can't win championships with just developmental players. Even Osborne did not win a national title until he landed Tommie and guys like Wistrom, Dwayne Harris, and the Peter brothers on defense.

But championship teams are built with great players combined with great coaching and team chemistry. I love the Rhule hire, but the verdict is still out. The time for winning the damn offseason is over. Now we must win in the real season. And for that we will have to wait.

Yes. I remember when Callahan landed Harrison Beck and we were all giddy and conjuring up conference championship scenarios because one of the most highly rated pro style QB's committed to us. And he turned into a complete bust. And a few of our current offensive lineman were solid four star guys we were all excited about only to have them suck. I remember when Marlon Lucky was touted as the next Mike Rozier and he turned out to be a decent but not great running back. Don't get me wrong -- stars matter and the higher the recruits we get the better. You can't win championships with just developmental players. Even Osborne did not win a national title until he landed Tommie and guys like Wistrom, Dwayne Harris, and the Peter brothers on defense.

But championship teams are built with great players combined with great coaching and team chemistry. I love the Rhule hire, but the verdict is still out. The time for winning the damn offseason is over. Now we must win in the real season. And for that we will have to wait.

I remain objective but optimistic.

Dig down and try to find some optimism.

today-show-yes.gif

@Beck2Lucky4daTD

We're just a few days into this, and NU has lost Hausmann, Banks, Newsom, and Franke as actual contributors on the field. The others were total non-contributors.

So far 3 OL men have decided to move on: Banks, Weaver and Conn. Their loss is minimal if that. The only real loss was Hausmann.

The bottom line, NU is down 12 players from when the thing began. It's likely Rhule and crew will replace those that were making no contribution to at least a few that may be actual contributors.

I think we just have to see what the total fallout is and what needs to be done to replace and improve their overall number.

We're just a few days into this, and NU has lost Hausmann, Banks, Newsom, and Franke as actual contributors on the field. The others were total non-contributors.

So far 3 OL men have decided to move on: Banks, Weaver and Conn. Their loss is minimal if that. The only real loss was Hausmann.

The bottom line, NU is down 12 players from when the thing began. It's likely Rhule and crew will replace those that were making no contribution to at least a few that may be actual contributors.

I think we just have to see what the total fallout is and what needs to be done to replace and improve their overall number.
Banks, Newsom and even Franke I wouldn't call contributors. Hausman, as of now, is the only loss. A lot of this might actually be alright to open up some scholarships that were from a lot of dead weight.

It's just that time of year, players are leaving everywhere. I'm not worried, things will circle back. It's the nature of the beast in the portal era.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Frost used to talk about playing fast and having elite speed on his team.

Looks like Rhule can actually deliver on this.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Banks, Newsom and even Franke I wouldn't call contributors. Hausman, as of now, is the only loss. A lot of this might actually be alright to open up some scholarships that were from a lot of dead weight.
leodis, I'm trying to be kind. Franke kicked off, Banks was a fill-in along the OL, and Newsom played a few snaps as a backup. None of them will be missed. The others were basically zero contributors.

I didn't really want to categorize them by contribution, because most of the year Hausmann was a minimal, then a partial, then a huge contributor.

The thing about "losing" 3 OL men is that NU has consistently carried 25 Offensive Linemen. At Baylor, Rhule consistently carried only 19 Offensive Linemen. I guess I felt that Rhule would find a way, or the portal would provide for at least 6 OL men to look for another school and not feel like NU has lost anything.

NU is currently at the point where they could lose ANY one of the OL and should be able to adequately replace them. The only potential standout among them is Corcoran, and he needs a lot of work with a really good OL coach.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT