ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Pierce TE Ben Brahmer w/Husker offer

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
Ben recently offered for 2023 class. Anyone have an opportunity to see him play last fall? Does he project as a TE or does he grow into a different role at the next level?
On a different topic, the lack of any commitment from the 2022 class, with no peer recruit, IMO, is a concern.
Thoughts?
GBR!

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Ben recently offered for 2023 class. Anyone have an opportunity to see him play last fall? Does he project as a TE or does he grow into a different role at the next level?
On a different topic, the lack of any commitment from the 2022 class, with no peer recruit, IMO, is a concern.
Thoughts?
GBR!
I'm not worried yet about 2022. Most kids are waiting to be able to take campus visits. The amount of dead period time has been unprecedented. I've heard that Frost is hoping to be able to host visitors for the RedWhite game and that is one of the reasons they pushed spring football back. IF we can pull that off, we'll get commits after that scrimmage. I also believe that Frost is betting we start winning next fall. IF that happens, that will open the doors to some higher level recruits and you don't want to have filled up your class with projects early if that is the case. My NUMBER ONE concern is landing a top QB. That and nothing else.

Brahmer- there's another in-state TE who should get a ton of offers before all is said and done. He's going to be a very good TE before all is said and done.

2022 class- We're going to have to be patient with this one. The experts have hinted that there are no early commitments on the immediate horizon. If a commitment does come, it could be one of those surprise soft commitments from a marginal out of state prospect. We shall see.

Brahmer- there's another in-state TE who should get a ton of offers before all is said and done. He's going to be a very good TE before all is said and done.

2022 class- We're going to have to be patient with this one. The experts have hinted that there are no early commitments on the immediate horizon. If a commitment does come, it could be one of those surprise soft commitments from a marginal out of state prospect. We shall see.
I don't think we're going to take soft commitments from marginal prospects. I think Frost is betting on success this fall and is willing to wait for top players. I think that is a very smart approach to this year. We're stocked with quality young players at virtually every position but QB. No need to reach.

My NUMBER ONE concern is landing a top QB. That and nothing else.
NU needs talent across the board if you ask me, but landing a top QB could be a tall order as those kids tend to commit early and I heard that we are not sitting very high on the board with the top QBs.

This may be a year to find the best kid NDSU is recruiting and try to get the next Carson Wentz, Easton Stick or Trey Lantz. Jacob Knuth out of South Dakota could be the next QB commit.

I don't think we're going to take soft commitments from marginal prospects. I think Frost is betting on success this fall and is willing to wait for top players. I think that is a very smart approach to this year. We're stocked with quality young players at virtually every position but QB. No need to reach.
I pretty much agree. I don't remember the names but in the past we've gotten commitments from kids with non-commitable offers, barely commitable offers or kids like Patrick Payton who make a place holder commitment. That's the kind of thing I'm referring to. But in the past Frost has made some glaring mistakes in recruiting so I have less faith in him than you do I guess.

NU needs talent across the board if you ask me, but landing a top QB could be a tall order as those kids tend to commit early and I heard that we are not sitting very high on the board with the top QBs.

This may be a year to find the best kid NDSU is recruiting and try to get the next Carson Wentz, Easton Stick or Trey Lantz. Jacob Knuth out of South Dakota could be the next QB commit.
Frankly after watching so many 4 star can't miss QBs flame out across college football I think we just need to land a baller regardless of stars. 4.6 40 guy with a live accurate arm who plays baseball and basketball as well. Gym rat who eats, drinks and sleeps sports and doesn't give a sh## about brand or social media. That about sums it up for me. Don't chase the 4.4 kid who throws it in to the freaking band with an open guy down the sideline.

I pretty much agree. I don't remember the names but in the past we've gotten commitments from kids with non-commitable offers, barely commitable offers or kids like Patrick Payton who make a place holder commitment. That's the kind of thing I'm referring to. But in the past Frost has made some glaring mistakes in recruiting so I have less faith in him than you do I guess.
He was pretty desperate to fill roster holes previously IMO. I think they like the roster they have now and really other than at QB they have a year to fill needs IMO. Need some young players to develop but I think they're set on trying to get a high level of recruits this cycle. JMO. If not, you know there will be a plethora of transfers available again next year. The whole recruiting dynamic is really screwed up so I'm willing to just wait and see what happens.

Frankly after watching so many 4 star can't miss QBs flame out across college football I think we just need to land a baller regardless of stars. 4.6 40 guy with a live accurate arm who plays baseball and basketball as well. Gym rat who eats, drinks and sleeps sports and doesn't give a sh## about brand or social media. That about sums it up for me. Don't chase the 4.4 kid who throws it in to the freaking band with an open guy down the sideline.
You just described Noah Vedral

we tried to do that this year. Westside's quarterback told Frost thanks but no thanks.

"Payton said Nebraska didn’t offer a scholarship, but “reached out” to him. The Cornhuskers already have a commitment from Kearney Catholic High School quarterback Heinrich Haarberg, who is believed to be the first in-state quarterback recruit in 17 years."

You'd make a hell of a carnival barker Rambo.

• Haha
Reactions: Husker_AMG63

"Payton said Nebraska didn’t offer a scholarship, but “reached out” to him. The Cornhuskers already have a commitment from Kearney Catholic High School quarterback Heinrich Haarberg, who is believed to be the first in-state quarterback recruit in 17 years."

You'd make a hell of a carnival barker Rambo.
just relaying what a coach in the room passed along. no snake oil here.

just relaying what a coach in the room passed along. no snake oil here.
Coaches and parents exaggerate, especially when they have an axe to grind. I'll take Cole Payton's word. He's a great athlete, I wish Nebraska had offered him back when it would've made a difference.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Coaches and parents exaggerate, especially when they have an axe to grind. I'll take Cole Payton's word. He's a great athlete, I wish Nebraska had offered him back when it would've made a difference.
if they were reaching out with any intention other than to offer him on the day after the title game, it's even more egregious.

agreed I wish he was N. the fact he's a zero-star on this here website is....... confusing to me.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Pretty sure his dad, who is also the coach for his school, was on the Dline when he played. Not sure what Ben is projected at, but he also plays DE/OLB so we will see how he fills out

Great news if we are playing Doane or Hastings.
I think we need to slow down a bit on the tight ends.
We're talking about a class of 2023 kid so not someone who is joining the team tomorrow. The fact that his Dad was 6'6" 265 when he played 30 years ago is relevant; you've heard of genetics? I'm glad you're not in charge of recruiting. You don't ever "slow down" on recruiting D1 talent in Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT