ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Commit - Pierce (NE) TE Ben Brahmer

Yes, let's talk facts. There are a lot of athletes who are taller, faster, and can jump higher than Jurgens. That doesn't make them elite athletes. At the end of his sophomore year, Jurgens had won Class B state in discus and shotput three times, including all class gold twice. He was super state 2nd team in football, 1st team in Class B. Brahmer is all state in Class C in football, 2nd team all state in Class C basketball by the end of his sophomore year.

Like I said, he is already far behind Jurgens' accomplishments, and that is while competing in Class C.

Sorry, facts.

Brahmer runs a 4.62 forty as a 15 year old kid who stands 6'6. He jumps 6 inches higher as a 15 year old at 6'6.

Nobody gives a shit about the shot put.

And yes I'm serious when I claim facts. Brahmer is 3 inches taller. He's much faster, and has an extra 6 inches on his vertical.

Brahmer: 40 yard dash: 5.08
Vertical jump: 30.8"

Jurgens: 40 yard dash: 4.98
Vertical jump: 34.5"

And Jurgens weighs about 100 pounds more.

But yeah, Brahmer is "much faster" and jumps 6" higher. Just letting everyone know that Cornicator is sometimes full of it.

Brahmer: 40 yard dash: 5.08
Vertical jump: 30.8"

Jurgens: 40 yard dash: 4.98
Vertical jump: 34.5"

And Jurgens weighs about 100 pounds more.

But yeah, Brahmer is "much faster" and jumps 6" higher. Just letting everyone know that Cornicator is sometimes full of it.

You claiming he runs a 5 second forty explains all we need to know about how you're "full of it."

So which is it, 4.62 or 5.08? This is a massive Difference for 40 yards. Either the kid is fast for his age or average to slow.
It was a 5.08 electronic. I wouldn't call it slow for his age by any means, and there is a ton of growth potential. I'm guessing that number will improve significantly with the strength gains he makes before he even gets to Lincoln.

It was a 5.08 electronic. I wouldn't call it slow for his age by any means, and there is a ton of growth potential. I'm guessing that number will improve significantly with the strength gains he makes before he even gets to Lincoln.
Regardless, it is Still more accurate than coach Cleetus timed 4.62 on the high school gym floor in Pierce.

Brahmer is 15.

And yes I'm serious when I claim facts. Brahmer is 3 inches taller. He's much faster, and has an extra 6 inches on his vertical.

Jurgens was and still is a bit of a freak from a strength and explosion standpoint. That's why he could put on 40 pounds and play Center in the Big Ten.

And I bet Brahmer is Super State twice, and he will be all State in basketball 3 times.
Keep your panties on guys, let's see if either pans out. Jury still out on Jurgens needs HUGE improvement in year 3.

Reactions: bshirt73
Keep your panties on guys, let's see if either pans out. Jury still out on Jurgens needs HUGE improvement in year 3.
Gee, ya don't say?

That is not what the discussion is about at all.

I originally said that Nebraska offered Brahmer way too early. They should have waited at least another year to see how he develops. The way he talks about the Huskers, there is no doubt he would commit a year from now or even later. You should only offer guys as young as him when they are elite, generational athletes, like Cam Jurgens was. Brahmer is promising, but not an elite athlete. Cornicator believes Brahmer is an elite athlete, even moreso than Jurgens, and it is great that we got his verbal commitment.

(if you do not remember how much of a standout Jurgens was his freshman and sophomore years in high school, do not weigh in.)

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Brahmer is 15.

Jurgens was and still is a bit of a freak from a strength and explosion standpoint. That's why he could put on 40 pounds and play Center in the Big Ten.

And I bet Brahmer is Super State twice, and he will be all State in basketball 3 times.
Brahmer has a 40.5” vertical?

Are these actual facts, or @Cornicator facts?

Last edited:
I originally said that Nebraska offered Brahmer way too early. They should have waited at least another year to see how he develops.
Yeah, BS. Slow playing local D1 talent has worked out real well for us in the past, huh? Kids will get their feelings hurt and commit somewhere else in a heartbeat. I don't know if this kid can play or not but if Frost likes him then you offer him and let him commit. It's a fact he is/was going to get other good offers so why take the chance of losing him? If he doesn't pan out the way they project it's not like they can't move off him.

Gee, ya don't say?

That is not what the discussion is about at all.

I originally said that Nebraska offered Brahmer way too early. They should have waited at least another year to see how he develops. The way he talks about the Huskers, there is no doubt he would commit a year from now or even later. You should only offer guys as young as him when they are elite, generational athletes, like Cam Jurgens was. Brahmer is promising, but not an elite athlete. Cornicator believes Brahmer is an elite athlete, even moreso than Jurgens, and it is great that we got his verbal commitment.

(if you do not remember how much of a standout Jurgens was his freshman and sophomore years in high school, do not weigh in.)
I don't think Nebraska can afford to slow play anyone regardless of their probability of attending DONU.

The Huskers are likely to only get 1 of the top 5 players in the state next year, lost out on 2 of the top 5 this year, 3 of the top 5 the year prior, and 3 of the top 5 in 2018. Thankfully, they went 5-5 in 2019, but none of these years include the names of Harrison Phillips, CJ Johnson, and Noah Fant. Point being, it's okay to fast play a kid if you think he's the best player in his grade or likely to be top 5.

Plus, the kid's 6'6" at 16. Even if he outgrows TE, he could develop into an OT or DE, so it's not like he's an Isaiah Harris type who might have D1 ability, but was projected as a 16y/o to graduate high school at 5'7" and 165lbs.

Last edited:
When you express concern that we do not have many athletes verbally committed, people respond that it is better to be choosy and not just sign the first guys to come along.

When you express concern that we signed an athlete too early, people respond that we need to get players signed as early as we can.

🤔🤔🤔

This thread is crazy. Listen, if a high school kid is a legit 6'6" elite athlete with a 40+ inch vertical, guess which sport he will be playing with a bajillion dollars waiting for him in a few years?

I think it's more likely and very realistic that he is running a 5 second electronic 40 and jumping ~ 30 inches considering he literally just went through puberty. Give him a few years to adjust to his body.

How in the world are their buddies nothing alike? Tall, skinny, lanky, athletic kids. Fidone has worked hard and filled out a little, but the similarities are very obvious.

I don't really care if his 40 time is 4.65 or 5.0 right now. He's a ridiculous athlete for a 15 year old kid. He'll be one of the top recruits in Nebraska by the time he's a senior. He's from a family of athletes and genetics do matter.

Is this thread argument really happening? Be happy we got a good in state recruit. Leave it at that. Christ. 😠Some of you live to argue more than women!! 😆

agree ... a long time between now and signing day ... for all we know the kid might decide he would prefer to play in major bowl games (or any bowl game for that matter) and pull the plug himself

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
When you express concern that we do not have many athletes verbally committed, people respond that it is better to be choosy and not just sign the first guys to come along.

When you express concern that we signed an athlete too early, people respond that we need to get players signed as early as we can.

🤔🤔🤔
I get your point, but it's not a "one size fits all" topic in my mind. There's a difference between an early offer to a huge Nebraska kid that other D1 schools are talking to, and offering an anonymous 3-star from Florida with mid-major offers. The one thing I think we can (should?) all agree on is that we need to stop missing on in-state D1 talent. What's worse: offering him now and he ends up not contributing, or not offering him and he gets drafted after playing at Iowa State? Not that those are the only two outcomes, but the latter has happened too often.

ADVERTISEMENT