ADVERTISEMENT

2023 B1G Football schedule

I get it, but even this out a little. Since Nebraska has been in the BIG, they have played OSU 8 times. For reference Iowa has played then 3 times. Minnesota 4, Wisconsin 5 (not counting conference championship). Illinois hasn't played OSU since 2017.
You know what would be super interesting?

if someone went back over the last 10 years and substituted all those OSU losses with wins over Rutgers and let us all know how many divisional titles we would have won if it wasn’t for those ghouls making the schedule

thanks in advance - please report back to us with your findings

You know what would be super interesting?

if someone went back over the last 10 years and substituted all those OSU losses with wins over Rutgers and let us all know how many divisional titles we would have won if it wasn’t for those ghouls making the schedule

thanks in advance - please report back to us with your findings
something tells me you know the answer as I do..

Reactions: king_kong_
I think there will be a reshuffling of teams once USC and UCLA enter the BIG conference but you will most likely see East/West divisions, just a guess.
Easy to do, just move Purdue to the east. Do away with the B1G championship game and play an extra B1G game. Play 11 B1G games total in order to play everyone in own division and four (half) of the other division and you would play every school in the B1G home and away at least once every four years.

WestEast
USCOSU
WiscMich
NebPSU
MinnMaryland
IowaPurdue
IllinoisMSU
UCLAIndiana
NWRutgers

Last edited:
I get it, but even this out a little. Since Nebraska has been in the BIG, they have played OSU 8 times. For reference Iowa has played then 3 times. Minnesota 4, Wisconsin 5 (not counting conference championship). Illinois hasn't played OSU since 2017.

If u want OSU off the schedule all you have to do is kick their ass a couple times in a row and the conference will get them off the schedule so fast it will make your head spin.

Looks like Minnesota got the Nebraska treatment....Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State. Illinois got off easy, Purdue will crash back down to earth even further.

Exactly it was a cake walk and should continue to be given the stiffs in our division

instead there is complaining about the murderous stretch of having to play on the road against the behemoths Minnesota and Colorado
Since you’re pointing the finger at me let’s be clear Nebraska scheduled Colorado sometime in 2013..

When the B1G made out future schedule’s for 2022-2025 in 2019 ( 6 years later) they were fulling aware Nebraska had away game scheduled against Colorado..

My point is I can’t think of any B1G teams starting the season with the first two games away…
In fact Michigan starts next season with 4 straight home games before coming to Lincoln for their first away game..

Easy to do, just move Purdue to the east. Do away with the B1G championship game and play an extra B1G game. Play 11 B1G games total in order to play everyone in own division and four (half) of the other division and you would play every school in the B1G home and away at least once every four years.

WestEast
USCOSU
WiscMich
NebPSU
MinnMaryland
IowaPurdue
IllinoisMSU
UCLAIndiana
NWRutgers
Not going to happen.. I’ll lay money down there won’t be any divisions and the top 2 play in the CCG..

Exactly it was a cake walk and should continue to be given the stiffs in our division

instead there is complaining about the murderous stretch of having to play on the road against the behemoths Minnesota and Colorado
Thank you.

I'm talking about Colorado 2018 my mans.....we took that L. Lost 4/5 openers recently
Beat Southern Alabama in 2019.. 2020 was Covid so the B1G canceled the non con season, so the last 3 have been conference openers..

We are really whining about this schedule? Having to be on the road against powerhouses Minnesota (I’ve been told repeatedly their coach sucks) and Colorado (somehow even worse than what Frost did to Nebraska) the first 2 weeks? The team literally leaves Lincoln exactly one time between September 10th and November 3rd. Maybe we should play Wayne State at home all 12 weeks, so we can hopefully get to a bowl game!

Reactions: SkerInCo

WestEast
USCOSU
WiscMich
NebPSU
MinnMaryland
IowaPurdue
IllinoisMSU
UCLAIndiana
NWRutgers
Exactly how I think it will be laid out if they go East/West, it will shrink the power imbalance of the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT