ADVERTISEMENT

2023 B1G Football schedule

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Is the conference changing next year football schedule again?

Original 2023:
8/31 @ Minnesota
9/30 Northwestern
10/7 @ Illinois
10/14 Michigan
10/21 Wisconsin
11/4 @ Purdue
11/11 Maryland
11/18 @ Michigan State
11/24 Ioway

Notice we play Wisconsin at home again and travel back to Purdue again.

• Angry
Reactions: BleedRed78
I think there will be a reshuffling of teams once USC and UCLA enter the BIG conference but you will most likely see East/West divisions, just a guess.

Reactions: Anegada1
Hopefully they get rid of week 1 conf games or P5 opponents...unless the new staff is more prepared.

Colorado L
Ohio St L
Illinois L
Northwestern L

• Angry
Reactions: BleedRed78
One thing, I think will happen, is that there will be some reasoning for the conference schedule.

And hopefully the reason(s) will be shared.

disappointing to say the least

not a single name on there that gets me excited & that non-con slate is an embarrassment

another boring af year in the boring af lame B1G

Why do I have a strange feeling that are new crossovers for 2023 will be OSU, Michigan, and Penn St?

Reactions: zrob
Why do I have a strange feeling that are new crossovers for 2023 will be OSU, Michigan, and Penn St?
"Nebraska was supposed to have these three as crossovers for 2024, we thought with all the uncertainty with the 2024 schedule, we would move this up a year"

Reactions: TheNewNU
I_way did in 2018..
Played all 3.
right and they pound their chests about an empty 9 or 10 win season while the rest of the planet ignores them

they've feasted on weak schedules for 5 straight years & look where it got them

we are not and will never be a 2nd rate program like iowa

we should play a nationally relevant non-conference game every season against a top program

good. that's what we should want every year & the only reason we joined this lame conference.

nobody wants to see rutgers, maryland, indiana, etc. on the schedule
I get it, but even this out a little. Since Nebraska has been in the BIG, they have played OSU 8 times. For reference Iowa has played then 3 times. Minnesota 4, Wisconsin 5 (not counting conference championship). Illinois hasn't played OSU since 2017.

I get it, but even this out a little. Since Nebraska has been in the BIG, they have played OSU 8 times. For reference Iowa has played then 3 times. Minnesota 4, Wisconsin 5 (not counting conference championship). Illinois hasn't played OSU since 2017.
why even it out?

Nebraska is not even with those others. we are head and shoulders above in terms of national prowess & the conference wants to showcase us.

like I said it's why we are here in the first place. it will never be even, nor should it.

why even it out?

Nebraska is not even with those others. we are head and shoulders above in terms of national prowess & the conference wants to showcase us.

like I said it's why we are here in the first place. it will never be even, nor should it.
for competitive balance?

Did you hear they said that Purdue hasn’t played at Michigan since 2011 ( Nebraska has joined the conference)..

Reactions: dinglefritz
Did you hear they said that Purdue hasn’t played at Michigan since 2011 ( Nebraska has joined the conference)..
speaking of michigan, I was surprised to see that this weekend's game vs sparty is at night

I thought they didn't play home night games?

Agree to disagree I guess. OSU is WAY above anyone else in the East. The fact that we played them 5 more times then Iowa has put us at a competitive disadvantage for the division.
Every year is different, except for OSU.
If we go 2-1 against the east losing to OSU and Iowa goes 3-0 and we beat Iowa we are ahead of them in the division

the problem isn’t losing to OSU it is getting our ass kicked by Iowa

Reactions: king_kong_
If we go 2-1 against the east losing to OSU and Iowa goes 3-0 and we beat Iowa we are ahead of them in the division

the problem isn’t losing to OSU it is getting our ass kicked by Iowa
Only the Eichorst/ Riley teams were smoked by Ioway..SF teams found ways to give the game away..

Is the conference changing next year football schedule again?

Original 2023:
8/31 @ Minnesota
9/30 Northwestern
10/7 @ Illinois
10/14 Michigan
10/21 Wisconsin
11/4 @ Purdue
11/11 Maryland
11/18 @ Michigan State
11/24 Ioway

Notice we play Wisconsin at home again and travel back to Purdue again.
No, this schedule is incorrect.

Wow, PU has their best team in 20 years and they are struggling to make a bowl. Next year they are going to be lucky to win 4 games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT