ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Final Record

maly

Graduate Assistant
Dec 10, 2003
Now that we've seen this team play a couple of games, what do you see our final record at?

I'm thinking 5-7 unfortunately, but I could see Grant carrying us to a win or two we don't expect and get us to 6-6 7-5 with a bowl.

He reminds me of Ameer Abdullah but with more power. I think he could be special.

The defense? Let's just say I hope we score a lot of points.

Might be 1-11 if we lose Saturday which is a real possibility. Struggled with an FCS team and Georgia Southern is likely better than them. We can't overlook anyone.

1-11 at worse with very best at 6-6 or more likely 5-7. Thank god we get to play other crap like Indiana, Illinois, and Rutgers in crossover play instead of OSU, PSU and MSU. But to answer your question I'll say 3-9. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. It's pretty pathetic to think that I'd be ready to break open the champagne if we go .500. But that is the state of Nebraska football in 2022...

Reactions: BleedRed78
If our defensive line and linebackers can play better, I would say 7.-5, but I don't think it will happen so 5-7.

It all hinges on beating Indiana. We will most likely be 2-2 at that point. Beat them and we have a good chance of beating Rutgers, Illinois, Minnesota and Purdue. Heck maybe even Iowa. But I don’t see that happening. Best case I see us at 5-7 with an interim coach down the stretch. But lose to Indiana and we could go 2-12

Reactions: BigRedTed
L
W
W
Oklahoma W
Indiana W
@ Rutgers W
@ Purdue W
Illinois W
Minnesota W
@ Michigan L
Wisconsin W
@ Iowa W
big 10 champ game L
bowl W

11-3

now that we have a qb, rb, and wr;s....the oline will do better..
they were sandbagging the first half last week, and frost cost us the first game...
the D will cost us the michigan and ohio state game

L
W
W
Oklahoma W
Indiana W
@ Rutgers W
@ Purdue W
Illinois W
Minnesota W
@ Michigan L
Wisconsin W
@ Iowa W
big 10 champ game L
bowl W

11-3

they were sandbagging the first half last week, and frost cost us the first game...

A little early in the morning for red wine don’t you think

L
W
W
Oklahoma W
Indiana W
@ Rutgers W
@ Purdue W
Illinois W
Minnesota W
@ Michigan L
Wisconsin W
@ Iowa W
big 10 champ game L
bowl W

11-3

Thanks, I needed the good laugh.

L
W
W
Oklahoma W
Indiana W
@ Rutgers W
@ Purdue W
Illinois W
Minnesota W
@ Michigan L
Wisconsin W
@ Iowa W
big 10 champ game L
bowl W

11-3

brother pass the hooch

L
W
W
Oklahoma W
Indiana W
@ Rutgers W
@ Purdue W
Illinois W
Minnesota W
@ Michigan L
Wisconsin W
@ Iowa W
big 10 champ game L
bowl W

11-3

I would say it all depends on when Frost gets let go. Teams have a tendency to rally together after a coach is fired during the season. At least in Nebraska's case Whipple does have to HC experience, so they wouldn't be a completely rudderless ship. Last year after USC dumped Helton, they have a nice win vs Wash St, but really went downhill after that.

I would say it all depends on when Frost gets let go. Teams have a tendency to rally together after a coach is fired during the season. At least in Nebraska's case Whipple does have to HC experience, so they wouldn't be a completely rudderless ship. Last year after USC dumped Helton, they have a nice win vs Wash St, but really went downhill after that.
Yeah it's always a risk. Probably one with taking at this point. We'll see come Indiana.

I never want Nebraska to lose but if we win 4 or 5 games this season will the blind try to justify another year for Frost? Will they blame it on having to adopt to a new offensive philosophy and a young secondary? Will they say we will turn the corner in 2023?

There are a lot of people that will say that. And we are starting to understand that the administration at UNL doesn’t care about winning games, they care about $$$$. And to make money doesn’t necessarily mean you have to win games

The lovable loser Cubs didn’t care to win for many many years because their front office realized they’d generate lots of revenue win or lose. I have a sick feeling our admin is following the Cubs Blueprint

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
I never want Nebraska to lose but if we win 4 or 5 games this season will the blind try to justify another year for Frost? Will they blame it on having to adopt to a new offensive philosophy and a young secondary? Will they say we will turn the corner in 2023?

There are a lot of people that will say that. And we are starting to understand that the administration at UNL doesn’t care about winning games, they care about $$$$. And to make money doesn’t necessarily mean you have to win games

The lovable loser Cubs didn’t care to win for many many years because their front office realized they’d generate lots of revenue win or lose. I have a sick feeling our admin is following the Cubs Blueprint
100% agree with the Cubs analogy. Losing profitably has become far too comfortable for everyone involved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT