ADVERTISEMENT

2022 class

artguy68

Junior
Nov 3, 2008
No, this isn't an alarm bell about the lack of any recruits for NU's 2022 class (4 other teams in the B1G also do not have anyone yet). Instead, have you seen that Ohio State already has three 5-star recruits and six 4-stars? With ten commits, their team ranking point total is almost equal to our own for 2021. But what I really find surprising is that Penn State has 8 players committed, and ALL eight are 4-star players.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
here's a QB target from Georgibraska

I'm pretty over the dual threat business and think a pocket passer would better suit us long-term, but I'm not in charge down in North Stadium (regrettably).

on the second play in his highlight reel, he turns a snap over his head into a touchdown, though, so maybe he's perfect?

What's surprising about that? OSU has been the #1 recruiter in the B1G and PSU and Michigan have been 2a and 2b going back many years.

Nebraska has battled to be a distant 3rd and then has given up most of the marquee recruits that got them there. It certainly is too early to grouse about what NU's class isn't, but this start shows clearly that the cycle is still in motion.

Reactions: timnsun
No, this isn't an alarm bell about the lack of any recruits for NU's 2022 class (4 other teams in the B1G also do not have anyone yet). Instead, have you seen that Ohio State already has three 5-star recruits and six 4-stars? With ten commits, their team ranking point total is almost equal to our own for 2021. But what I really find surprising is that Penn State has 8 players committed, and ALL eight are 4-star players.
We haven't done a terrible job of recruiting, but it isn't going to get much better, and could get worse, if we don't start winning. Frost has done much to build his program. Surely it's not where he imagined it would be, but at this point he doesn't have the luxury of waiting it out. He needs to win now or it'll all come tumbling down.

You've just gotta ignore what OSU is doing, they're in a class with Bama and Clemson and that's about it.

In terms of PSU, 6 of the 8 are local prospects (Penn or Ohio). The other two are both tight ends, so I guess the PSU tight end pedigree is paving the way there a bit.

2022 is most likely going to be a shift against the recent trend where we saw timelines sped up and kids committing earlier and earlier. Many prospects in the junior class haven't been able to take visits. From an offer perspective, schools are having a tough time on the evaluation side of things which leads to later offers as well.

They must be using Chick-fil-A bags

What's surprising about that? OSU has been the #1 recruiter in the B1G and PSU and Michigan have been 2a and 2b going back many years.

Nebraska has battled to be a distant 3rd and then has given up most of the marquee recruits that got them there. It certainly is too early to grouse about what NU's class isn't, but this start shows clearly that the cycle is still in motion.
The surprising part is that it is so early in the signing process, and that Penn State, after a down year, has 8 4-star players. They only have 6 in their 2021 class, which is ranked #32 right now.

Last year at this time we had three recruits signed. But times are much different now than they were a year ago. Of course, that excuse doesn't mean much to the programs off to a strong start. Be nice to get a couple of these Nebraska kids who are 3 or 4 stars committed soon.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
As said, winning solves SOME of these issues. Not all

Get some kids in the league, that's what these kids want. ALL OF THEM "So coach Frost, how many players have you put in the NFL in the last three years?" Player development and you have a program to sell to mom, dad and kid. Right now we are selling a nice training table, weight room and maybe a stadium full of people if things every get back to normal. All of this in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Ignore the schools that are getting 4 and 5* kids as meaningless. Maybe we offered some of these, maybe we didn't. The reality is there are only a small number of 4's and 5's and everyone that goes off the board lessens our chance to get a better/good class. The old slogan, well its still early, we will get our guys, yadda yadda yadda really does not add up.

Why do kids playing QB want to transfer to tOSU or Oklahoma? Heck, even Northwestern is now getting their QB's via the portal. Not saying that is the way to go, it is saying that some of these schools are where kids want to go and are successful there - i.e. winning AND go to the NFL.

Bottom line is we have to develop kids better and get them producing much quicker on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
So how will the 2022 class breakdown by numbers/position? Have to think the 2021 class is a wrap, not a lot of chatter of any high level high school recruit or portal transfer being added in this LOI window. As others have stated maybe use a ‘ship or two in late spring/summer for an impact Juco/portal transfer.
Do the the targets breakdown as follows?
QB-1
RB-1
TE-2
WR-2
OL-3

S-2
DB-3
DL-3
LB-3
DE-2
K-1

GBR!

We haven't done a terrible job of recruiting, but it isn't going to get much better, and could get worse, if we don't start winning. Frost has done much to build his program. Surely it's not where he imagined it would be, but at this point he doesn't have the luxury of waiting it out. He needs to win now or it'll all come tumbling down.
Lol

I wonder how he does throwing the forward pass and catching off target snaps? Hopefully he is proficient with both of those skills. Winking
Jurgens should be damn good next year. I wouldn't dog on him just yet.
Yes. It sucks. It hasn't been good but I think Cam pulls through and works himself into a real good center.

So how will the 2022 class breakdown by numbers/position? Have to think the 2021 class is a wrap, not a lot of chatter of any high level high school recruit or portal transfer being added in this LOI window. As others have stated maybe use a ‘ship or two in late spring/summer for an impact Juco/portal transfer.
Do the the targets breakdown as follows?
QB-1
RB-1
TE-2
WR-2
OL-3

S-2
DB-3
DL-3
LB-3
DE-2
K-1

GBR!

I don’t know if we take 2 TE in this class especially if we can land Riley which will be a tall task..

We took 3 last year unless Rollins decides to play another position...

Reactions: headcard
Expect a big late spring and summer rash of commitments across the country.

Position needs:

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR but I would go as many as 3.
2 TE
3 OL
3 DL
1 ILB
2 OLB
1 CB
2 S

18. Fill it up to 25 so take another one on DL, one more on OL, one more OLB, 2 more DB's and the best talent available for the rest.

Expect a big late spring and summer rash of commitments across the country.

Position needs:

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR but I would go as many as 3.
2 TE
3 OL
3 DL
1 ILB
2 OLB
1 CB
2 S

18. Fill it up to 25 so take another one on DL, one more on OL, one more OLB, 2 more DB's and the best talent available for the rest.

Looks good.

I could see us taking 4-5 OL. We have had small OL classes the last two years and I think we may see some more attrition there. I also think we will take 2-3 CB’s, the numbers there are thin. Also really need a HS NT and I wouldn’t rule out 2 QB’s, if we don’t get someone from the portal this year.

Looks good.

I could see us taking 4-5 OL. We have had small OL classes the last two years and I think we may see some more attrition there. I also think we will take 2-3 CB’s, the numbers there are thin. Also really need a HS NT and I wouldn’t rule out 2 QB’s, if we don’t get someone from the portal this year.
Are the days of the 2 QB recruit class a thing of the past due to the portal? Only way I think that’s possible is if you get a commit from a really high level 4star national recruit and have a local 3 star kid who bleeds red for the Huskers who has a super high work ethic.
GBR !

Are the days of the 2 QB recruit class a thing of the past due to the portal? Only way I think that’s possible is if you get a commit from a really high level 4star national recruit and have a local 3 star kid who bleeds red for the Huskers who has a super high work ethic.
GBR !

Or a HS kid and a portal/JUCO kid. We have to get a good QB. AM is almost to the end of the road, so the opportunity should be there to pitch the chance to compete right away. They may not all stick around, but we have to find a good one and get better at that spot.

Reactions: v1nufan
ADVERTISEMENT