ADVERTISEMENT

2021 walk on class

HominidHusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Jun 25, 2018
We took 14 walk-ons. Without looking it up, I’m pretty sure that’s a smaller number than the past couple years.
I imagine it will be typical in the sense that the majority won’t ever see the field, but still work behind the scenes to help practice depth, etc.

I can’t say I know much about the group, but even Frost himself thinks that Creighton Prep’s WR Alex Bullock is one who has the potential to see the field. Bullock caught 56 passes for 761 yards and 11 touchdowns as a senior and on defense intercepted five passes and made 35 tackles. Chose Nebraska over a scholarship offer from South Dakota State.

Elkhorn’s RB Aiden Young is another talented player, but small (Moses Bryant part 2?).

Ashland-Greenwood/Cozad legacy Matthew Schuster is a smaller RB, but ripped a speedy 4.49 and 4.51 electronic 40. “The 4.49 to 4.51 times were the fastest times Gibbie Duval (Zach’s brother) remembers recording at The Explosive Edge the past 15 years.”

Ord kicker Kellen Meyer may be pretty legit after tying State record with 58 yd FG, and also averaging 39.4 yds per punt.

We also know they missed on legacy OL Isaac Zatetcha who chose to walk on at Mizzou.

Here’s the rest:

DB DEREK BRANCH, LINCOLN SOUTHEAST (legacy)

DB BLAKE CLOSMAN, MILLARD NORTH

OL SAM HOSKINSON, ELKHORN SOUTH (legacy)

TE EVAN MEYERSICK, MILLARD WEST

OL WESTON REIMAN, WEEPING WATER

OL BEAU SCHALLER, WAUKEE (IOWA)

QUARTERBACK JARRETT SYNEK, HASTINGS- 5,622 yards and 65 touchdowns career passing stats.

DB PAYTON WEEHLER, MT. AYR (IOWA)- 6’3” 190 lbs 2nd team all-state.

DB CJ LILIENKAMP, BELLEVUE WEST

WR TAVEON THOMPSON, LINCOLN SOUTHEAST- 6’4” 200 lbs

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT