ADVERTISEMENT

2021 QB prospect Dematrius Davis

It is true it is a forum, but unlike you I'm a season ticket holder and have been for alot of years now and donate to the University on an annual basis. RSS is ok, but the real fans are in the Stadium . There are number on here that are season ticket holders and have endured alot over the years but continue to be supporters and season ticket holders. In another post I stated that it's is a very good thing that South Stadium doesn't listen to the idiots on the board that think they are better than the coaches and know more than them as well as if that ever happened this program would be dead forever with no hope of ever being revived.

Before Frost’s first season your thoughts were that the roster was talented and that we finally had coaches who would develop players and that they would surprise everyone with the huge improvements. I felt the same, atleast the developmental part.

Well, we are 21 games in now and the improvement is minimal at best. Yet, you are angry that some discuss the shortcomings of this staff thus far?

Pretty sure every body wants Frost to succeed. And when/if he does it can still be true that his tenure to date has been a huge disappointment.

Reactions: SC_'sker and WHCSC
They will come back and their fair weather asses will try and jump back aboard the wagon acting as though they never did anything and that nothing ever happened and many will come back wanting to eat crow and the smart thing to do is tell them to get the fk lost, stay lost and go fk yourself. You are not welcome in Husker Nation as you are the ones that give any fan base a black eye. Your not welcome here. As a fan base we are not happy and rightfully shows with what's going on right now and being upset shows we care about our beloved program but many on here show a major psychosis that is not normal and is far from rational thought to the point of being just downright weird wanting to burn everything down. Coaching instability has haunted DONU since Osborne left. Under T.O. we had the longest tenured coaching staff in the nation, and that's what it takes for a program to be successful as it is the foundation of the program and culture. These coaches need time as ALOT of damage has been done to our beloved Huskers since Osborne retired. This is gonna take quite a it of time to turn around. Either you're in for the long haul or get off the train and stay off as it is completely one's choice.
Thank you for setting down the rules for us all...

Reactions: jlb321
I know for a fact that Verduzco and Davis had been speaking regularly and that Nebraska wanted him.

The decision came down to the offensive system. Fuente uses a mobile QB to escape pressure and throw, Frost wants a guy who is a runner. Davis feels his skill set is a better fit at Va Tech.

It is as simple as that

I don’t care about Barry Alvarez progress in the 1990s. There are programs that have turned around faster and were in just as bad shape as Nebraska too.
As bad a shape, probably, yes. As much of a fall to that bad of shape where fans still expect so much? I'd be shocked if you can name another program besides the Big Red. That's certainly part of the issue.

I know for a fact that Verduzco and Davis had been speaking regularly and that Nebraska wanted him.

The decision came down to the offensive system. Fuente uses a mobile QB to escape pressure and throw, Frost wants a guy who is a runner. Davis feels his skill set is a better fit at Va Tech.

It is as simple as that

You may not know, which is fine. But any idea why he would feel Frost wants a guy that is a runner first? I wouldn't say that Marriota or Milton were a runner first and that didn't seem like how either was used. Is the staff out there selling a change in the offense, to some degree, or is that just Davis impression/observation of our offense?

Reactions: Top_Gun_
You may not know, which is fine. But any idea why he would feel Frost wants a guy that is a runner first? I wouldn't say that Marriota or Milton were a runner first and that didn't seem like how either was used. Is the staff out there selling a change in the offense, to some degree, or is that just Davis impression/observation of our offense?
one day everyone's calling out the team for not pursuing Burrow (pro-style passer), the next day they say it's run-first they want.

wind shifts direction an awful lot around here.

Reactions: Jhollenbeck41
It is true it is a forum, but unlike you I'm a season ticket holder and have been for alot of years now and donate to the University on an annual basis. RSS is ok, but the real fans are in the Stadium . There are number on here that are season ticket holders and have endured alot over the years but continue to be supporters and season ticket holders. In another post I stated that it's is a very good thing that South Stadium doesn't listen to the idiots on the board that think they are better than the coaches and know more than them as well as if that ever happened this program would be dead forever with no hope of ever being revived.
You know nothing about whether or not I donate, how many games I go to each year.
Once again get over yourself. You aren’t that important.

Reactions: Bruce1981
I didn’t say runner first. I said that is a runner. Look at McCaffery and Smothers. Both guys are better runners than they are passers at this stage. Davis is a better thrower and he runs when the play breaks down. That is his game. He could run this offense, I am just told that he believes the offense at Va Tech better suits his abilities.

You know nothing about whether or not I donate, how many games I go to each year.
Once again get over yourself. You aren’t that important.
All I have to do is read all of the Bullsh** you post to know you're not one.

I'll go on record with this and I think it's "pretty consistent" with my view a year and 11 months ago.

Head Coach Frost and company would get more out of our current players at the time then the Riley bunch. Also could recruit top talent to come right in and fill holes. OL and DL were and are my biggest concerns.

What I did not take into consideration was three things.
1). Didn't realize how bad the culture was and how deep it was. Something that would not be fixed fast. This puzzles me because I see a bunch of kids with little drive to be better or want to win. Over entitled or something.
2). The amount of transfers out, it's effect, and poisonous players.
3). Coach Frost and company don't have magic wands. They were very fortunate at UCF. They gots a lot of learin' to do.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I am not sure about either of those guys being higher on our board. It seems like Davis was #1. But I have faith in Coach V and Coach Frost to evaluate and recruit QB’s, so I’m sure we will be fine.
I think it's kind of funny. We're worrying about a 2021 prospect? I think at this stage of the game Frost has proven that he can get a true freshman QB ready to play if he gets here in the spring. We'll be fine.

Reactions: headcard
I think it's kind of funny. We're worrying about a 2021 prospect? I think at this stage of the game Frost has proven that he can get a true freshman QB ready to play if he gets here in the spring. We'll be fine.

I wasn’t worrying about the 2021 class. I was just passing along knowledge that a player that was very high on our board, contrary to the belief of at least one guy, was about to commit to Va Tech.

I wasn’t worrying about the 2021 class. I was just passing along knowledge that a player that was very high on our board, contrary to the belief of at least one guy, was about to commit to Va Tech.

You think you knew but you didn't. He wanted in at A&M. They said no. We moved on to guys that are a better fit months ago. He moved to his next option.

You think you knew but you didn't. He wanted in at A&M. They said no. We moved on to guys that are a better fit months ago. He moved to his next option.

if you want to continue with the big dick contest I will continue

believe me when I tell you I know a lot about the Dee Davis situation. Verduzco and he have been on the phone very recently and I’ll leave it at that.

if you want to continue with the big dick contest I will continue

believe me when I tell you I know a lot about the Dee Davis situation. Verduzco and he have been on the phone very recently and I’ll leave it at that.
Interesting. Didn't someone post earlier that we basically weren't visiting/communicating with him.

What you are saying is good news and gives a glimmer of hope

They will come back and their fair weather asses will try and jump back aboard the wagon acting as though they never did anything and that nothing ever happened and many will come back wanting to eat crow and the smart thing to do is tell them to get the fk lost, stay lost and go fk yourself. You are not welcome in Husker Nation as you are the ones that give any fan base a black eye. Your not welcome here. As a fan base we are not happy and rightfully shows with what's going on right now and being upset shows we care about our beloved program but many on here show a major psychosis that is not normal and is far from rational thought to the point of being just downright weird wanting to burn everything down. Coaching instability has haunted DONU since Osborne left. Under T.O. we had the longest tenured coaching staff in the nation, and that's what it takes for a program to be successful as it is the foundation of the program and culture. These coaches need time as ALOT of damage has been done to our beloved Huskers since Osborne retired. This is gonna take quite a it of time to turn around. Either you're in for the long haul or get off the train and stay off as it is completely one's choice.

Shut up you’re sounding like a complete ass

No there is no hope. The Uber driver is trying to sell the typical company line, when we lose a recruit, that we didn’t want him and he wasn’t that good anyway.
So in your opinion it's a done deal and ship has sailed? I thought he would have been a great fit

Doesn't matter to me what you think you know Tuco. I know what I know and this kid was NOT the primary target and hasn't been for months now. There is a reason he didn't visit this season as he wanted to do prior to the start of the season.

He wanted A&M. They said no. It was all A&M or Nebraska the entire spring and summer. That is 100% factual.

He ended up at VT for a reason.

Costelli is #1 target. Legit size. Speed. Smart passer. If they can land him it would be a big get for the program. Him, Smoothers and McCaffrey will bring so much speed to that QB room.

Edit

Weird, phone quoted a message from another thread.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT