ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Omaha Westside DB Avante Dickerson

Hard to say no to both Ohio State and LSU.....Hopefully he wants to stay close to home.

If we can't land our in-state kids like this in the future, we are in trouble.

i think we are doing just fine. So far it’s only been Watts and that’s because he grew up a Notre Dane fan. Outside of him, we have locked down our top guys and have for a few years now. I’d honestly be surprised if A. Dickerson goes anywhere else besides the Huskers.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Did anybody see him play in the state championship game? He was barely even mentioned. Seems like a kid with big time offers would have made a few plays. I don't get it?

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
He had 6 rushes for 20yds and 1 reception for 16yds

can’t find anything on defense but his team only had 124 yards of offense and he had more than a quarter of it. Bell West had 406 of offense as well.
He can play but the opponent had more talent all across the board.

I'm just saying. I've seen a few D1 metro football recruits and they generally dominate. He doesn't.

i think we are doing just fine. So far it’s only been Watts and that’s because he grew up a Notre Dane fan. Outside of him, we have locked down our top guys and have for a few years now. I’d honestly be surprised if A. Dickerson goes anywhere else besides the Huskers.
But how many of those in-state recruits were high 4 stars with committable offers from top 5 programs? And while it appears to be impossible for us to out recruit Ohio State in places like St. Louis or schools like Oklahoma in Kansas City, we sure as heck better out recruit schools like that in Omaha.

I'm just saying. I've seen a few D1 metro football recruits and they generally dominate. He doesn't.

Programs like Ohio State and LSU rarely bother recruiting a kid from Nebraska, because they have tons of talent in their backyards and can get almost any recruit they want. Both programs are in the playoff this year, so I'm going to trust their evaluations and say that Dickerson must be a pretty darn good prospect.

Boston College is making a strong push to hire Jeff Hafley, OSU DB coach and co-defensive coordinator. Will probably know in the next 24 hours where that stands. Even if Hafley stays, he will have head coaching options after the '20 season.

Boston College is making a strong push to hire Jeff Hafley, OSU DB coach and co-defensive coordinator. Will probably know in the next 24 hours where that stands. Even if Hafley stays, he will have head coaching options after the '20 season.
BC is a pretty good job, hard to imagine he would turn that down.

BC is a pretty good job, hard to imagine he would turn that down.
You won't believe the other name being mentioned in case Hafley turns it down.

Bret Bielema

Hafley will be gone after the '20 season even if he turns down the BC job. The guy is a great recruiter and DB coach.

You won't believe the other name being mentioned in case Hafley turns it down.

Bret Bielema

Hafley will be gone after the '20 season even if he turns down the BC job. The guy is a great recruiter and DB coach.
Bert at BC seems like a very strange fit.

I'm fine with how we are doing so far, just want to make sure HCSF and staff continue the trend of focusing on NEB kids. I'm not sure how hard we went after Watts. We already have enough small receivers on the team. He looked like an Oompa Loompa next to Betts in the West vs Burke game and Betts was head and shoulders a better player.

Bert at BC seems like a very strange fit.

It makes some sense, IMO. BC has traditionally been a ground oriented team. Bert fits that mold. I’m not sure how he fits demographically (does he have ties to the northeast recruiting grounds?).

Best thing NU can do to land a 2021 kid is start winning. The offers he is getting are upper echelon, Nebraska needs to show in the W-L column that they're on the way up.

Yup, which is why I think Frost screwed up by not playing more Freshman, early and often. I think he was putting the cart before the horse and wasn’t coaching with near enough urgency this year. Making a bowl was so important from the point of being able to sell the narrative that we’re getting better and on our way. Felt a little like he was treating this like year zero. Now, I’m not certain a few freshman would have guaranteed another couple of wins, but it sure seems like we had a few really good athletes sitting in the sidelines that could have made a difference.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Yup, which is why I think Frost screwed up by not playing more Freshman, early and often. I think he was putting the cart before the horse and wasn’t coaching with near enough urgency this year. Making a bowl was so important from the point of being able to sell the narrative that we’re getting better and on our way. Felt a little like he was treating this like year zero. Now, I’m not certain a few freshman would have guaranteed another couple of wins, but it sure seems like we had a few really good athletes sitting in the sidelines that could have made a difference.

That is a great hot take. You should share it more often.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Best thing NU can do to land a 2021 kid is start winning. The offers he is getting are upper echelon, Nebraska needs to show in the W-L column that they're on the way up.

That's all I'm saying! Just win and put players in position to high round NFL draft picks.....that's what probably 95% of top level high school players care about.

Frost knew what he was doing with the players he was playing. I don't think he was sacrificing the present to secure the future. It's not like many of these freshmen came in game ready physically or mentally.

When was the last time we had a freshman play on either line? Put an unprepared kid out there and get his lunch handed to him is not a good alternative.

Seems like Scott wasn't afraid to play those who could contribute this year.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and egaRdeR
I would think it's an easy choice to come here. Why would you go play corner for teams that have good front 7's? You would hardly ever see a pass thrown your way. At least here he would have something to do back there...

ADVERTISEMENT