ADVERTISEMENT

2021 fall schedule released

Creighton, Wichita State Exhibitions Highlight Fall Baseball Slate

A pair of fall exhibitions with Creighton and Wichita State headline the Nebraska baseball team's fall slate at Hawks Field at Haymarket Park, it was announced Tuesday.

The Huskers will square off with in-state foe Creighton on Friday, Sept. 17, with first pitch set for 5 p.m.

Competition continues with Wichita State on Saturday, Oct. 2 at Noon. Information regarding parking for the Oct. 2 exhibition -- which is scheduled ahead of Nebraska's home football game vs. Northwestern at 6:30 p.m. -- will be announced to the public at a later time.

Additionally, NU will hold its annual Red/White Series fall scrimmages Oct. 11-13 at Hawks Field, with game times determined in the coming weeks.

Both exhibition games and the Red/White Series will be open to the public with free admission, and gates will open one hour prior to first pitch. The exhibitions are scheduled for 14 innings, while scrimmages will last seven innings.

2021 NEBRASKA BASEBALL FALL SCHEDULE

Friday, Sept. 17 vs. Creighton - 5 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 2 vs. Wichita State - Noon

Monday, Oct. 11 - Red/White Series Game 1 - TBA

Tuesday, Oct. 12 - Red/White Series Game 2 - TBA

Wednesday, Oct. 13 - Red/White Series Game 3 - TBA

Reactions: saluno22
Home or away? That would be nice.

Was hoping we’d get back in on the AZ and TX pools. I’d travel down to AZ and stay with my sister if we do head that way.

A group will throw against Creighton and a separate group will throw against Wichita State. Nobody will throw in both is how I understand it.

Side note, Cowley (juco) beat Wichita State in an interesting 16-inning game.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT