ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Big Ten Predictions

What is interesting is that you would try to have a discussion of Iowa football here?

You are in the wrong place.

It may be what occurrs in the hog barns is causing this confusion? I don't know.

Well...the title of the thread is Big 10 predictions; guessing that means it is open to talk about any and every team.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Well...the title of the thread is Big 10 predictions; guessing that means it is open to talk about any and every team.
it's fittingly pathetic that you spend countless hours combing the NU board for topics to chime in on

So, what will May bring in 2021. Iowa has some experience and a youth.

Yahya Black is young. Iowa has played youth a little more lately.

They ranked 4 or 5th youngest P5 teams in 2020. They have spring ball this go around.

Many juniors are experiencing first spring as a player.
As far as the offensive side of the ball Nebraska has a younger team more so than Ioway.

Besides Martinez, Toure, Allen, Vokolec, O Martin and JC Omar Manning. Nebraska has sophomores, , RedShirt Freshman and true Freshman all over the place either starting or back ups..

• Haha
Reactions: SWIowahawks
it's fittingly pathetic that you spend countless hours combing the NU board for topics to chime in on

No, that is what message boards are for right. I check in about 10 minutes a day to see what is going on since you are in the conference now. I enjoy other fanbases perspective on things. There are a lot of things that make me pathetic, I wouldn't say that is one of them.

Reactions: BoilerN
No, that is what message boards are for right. I check in about 10 minutes a day to see what is going on since you are in the conference now. I enjoy other fanbases perspective on things. There are a lot of things that make me pathetic, I wouldn't say that is one of them.
you spend 10 minutes a day on all 13 non-iowa message boards?

woof.. you iowegians are sadder than even I could've imagined

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
1. Schedule is pud.
2. Team is returning the best offensive line, RB, WR's, and a QB with 20+ starts. - in the division
3. Defense brings back nearly everyone and should rebound
Those guys barely beat our crappy team last season and they're going 11-1?

you spend 10 minutes a day on all 13 non-iowa message boards?

woof.. you iowegians are sadder than even I could've imagined
You know what's really sad ? A team that loses 6 years in a row to those very same Iowegians who start a bunch of walk ons, 2 star and three star players on both sides of the ball. Your 4 star recruits really have made a difference before they packed their bags and left Stinken. 😎 👍

You know what's really sad ? A team that loses 6 years in a row to those very same Iowegians who start a bunch of walk ons, 2 star and three star players on both sides of the ball. Your 4 star recruits really have made a difference before they packed their bags and left Stinken. 😎 👍
Yet........ here you are.

I agree. losing to iowa is pathetic & should never happen.

Just think, if Peirson-EL (SP) doesnt go all super man in 14', we might be talking about 9 in a row this year.

Big Ten West

1. Minnesota - 11-1 - loss to Ohio State
2. Wisconsin - 10-2 - loss to Notre Dame and Minnesota
3. Nebraska - 8-4 - loss to OU, Ohio State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin
4. Northwestern - 7-5 - will lose to Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan - but rest of schedule is comically terrible.
5. Iowa - 6-6 - biggest rebuilding season in years. - will lose to Indiana, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Penn State
6. Purdue - 3-9 - will lose to everyone but Ilinois
7. Illinois - 3-9 - will lose to everyone but Maryland

Big Ten East

1. Ohio State - 11-1 - I think Oregon gets them in week two.
2. Penn State - 10-2 - losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State
3. Indiana - 9-3 - losses to Ohio State, Penn State, and Minnesota
4. Rutgers - 7-5 - losses to Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, and Wisconsin
5. Michigan - 6-6 - losses to Washington, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Indiana, Penn State, and Ohio State
6. Maryland - 3-9 - losses to everyone except Sparty
7. Michigan State - 2-10 - 0-9 in conference play - but they might beat Michigan because that's what they do.. ha.

Jeff Brohm and Jim Harbaugh get fired.

PJ Fleck wants the Michigan job, but I'm not sure he fits the "Michigan Man mystique." I could see him ending up at USC if it opens.
Bumping this because I cannot stop laughing

Just the best from a guy who claims to ‘know football’

Edit- Good call on oregon tho, credit where due

Last edited:

He hit the nail on the head with Purdue. If we assume they are bad. Which I think is a hard assumption to make.

He hit the nail on the head with Purdue. If we assume they are bad. Which I think is a hard assumption to make.
Assuming Purdue sucks balls is hard? Purdue has literally never been good

Your team should be relegated to fcs and replaced with a more competitive school.

Your loser drum can’t save you

I went to a Nebraska game in west Lafayette and felt guilty the entire time

Like visiting a less fortunate person in a home

Last edited:
Reactions: SiouxCityHawkFan

Your team should be relegated to fcs and replaced with a more competitive school.

Good talk. Not sure how a top 10 public university is a less fortunate home? I agree, Purdue has never won a national championship, but they have some good teams and produced some great players. It's the cradle of QB's for a reason. They are better than Nebraska right now.

Good talk. Not sure how a top 10 public university is a less fortunate home? I agree, Purdue has never won a national championship, but they have some good teams and produced some great players. It's the cradle of QB's for a reason. They are better than Nebraska right now.
The cradle of QBs? Because of drew Brees and Kyle Orton like 20 years ago?

Nobody cares about academics. Your stadium is a 3/4 empty dump just like the town it resides in.

Lmao and people call us husker fans delusional

Nobody cares about academics. Your stadium is a 3/4 empty dump just like the town it resides in.

Who hurt you?

Reactions: Big10domination

Most QB starts by a college in the NFL. You missed quite a few solid QB's. The stadium is far from 3/4's empty. In fact, I think we are averaging a few thousand shy of a sellout each game. Sorry we don't worship football like Nebraska? Not sure what I've done to you, but good luck the rest of the way.

Most QB starts by a college in the NFL. You missed quite a few solid QB's. The stadium is far from 3/4's empty. In fact, I think we are averaging a few thousand shy of a sellout each game. Sorry we don't worship football like Nebraska? Not sure what I've done to you, but good luck the rest of the way.
Apology not accepted

Hope we beat your brains in this and every year

So I googled Cradle of Quarterbacks........ guess what popped up. ha ha ha ha

That's right, they call themselves that name. This is like giving yourself a nickname. You can't make this up.

So I googled Cradle of Quarterbacks........ guess what popped up. ha ha ha ha

That's right, they call themselves that name. This is like giving yourself a nickname. You can't make this up.
Resident boiler fan gave a stat that they’ve had the most QB starts in the NFL of any college

Len Dawson, griese and brees account for the bulk of those, and obviously those first 2 were donezo before 1980

Resident boiler fan gave a stat that they’ve had the most QB starts in the NFL of any college

Len Dawson, griese and brees account for the bulk of those, and obviously those first 2 were donezo before 1980
Yup and it is like 100 more starts than thr second closest team. Purdue always seems to have a good QB. Even Hazell recruited a QB that has 9 NFL starts. Brohm has got the QB recruiting going, so hopefully he will have one soon. I truthfully don't get it. Haha

Reactions: Primus1
Yup and it is like 100 more starts than thr second closest team. Purdue always seems to have a good QB. Even Hazell recruited a QB that has 9 NFL starts. Brohm has got the QB recruiting going, so hopefully he will have one soon. I truthfully don't get it. Haha
Goiing back aways.... Jim Everett was a good QB for Purdue in the 80s and had a very good pro career as well. I think he was like 6ft6 - unusual at that time. I remember tuning into Purdue games to watch him play. Jeff George was the top national QB recruit who signed with Purdue - a cannon arm but he was sort of a head case and transferred IIRC.

Goiing back aways.... Jim Everett was a good QB for Purdue in the 80s and had a very good pro career as well. I think he was like 6ft6 - unusual at that time. I remember tuning into Purdue games to watch him play. Jeff George was the top national QB recruit who signed with Purdue - a cannon arm but he was sort of a head case and transferred IIRC.
I've heard a lot of stories about George. Most aren't great. They said he could throw it endzone to endzone.

I've heard a lot of stories about George. Most aren't great. They said he could throw it endzone to endzone.
I don't know who had a better deep ball at the time, maybe Marino? Unfortunately, too many were thrown to DBs. He moved around a lot in the NFL and probably should have had a shorter career but coaches kept falling in love with his arm and fought to sign him even though they knew his history. Ironically, he ended many of those coach's careers..... the Jay Cutler of the 90s.

Reactions: BoilerN
Big Ten West

1. Minnesota - 11-1 - loss to Ohio State
2. Wisconsin - 10-2 - loss to Notre Dame and Minnesota
3. Nebraska - 8-4 - loss to OU, Ohio State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin
4. Northwestern - 7-5 - will lose to Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan - but rest of schedule is comically terrible.
5. Iowa - 6-6 - biggest rebuilding season in years. - will lose to Indiana, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Penn State
6. Purdue - 3-9 - will lose to everyone but Ilinois
7. Illinois - 3-9 - will lose to everyone but Maryland

Big Ten East

1. Ohio State - 11-1 - I think Oregon gets them in week two.
2. Penn State - 10-2 - losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State
3. Indiana - 9-3 - losses to Ohio State, Penn State, and Minnesota
4. Rutgers - 7-5 - losses to Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, and Wisconsin
5. Michigan - 6-6 - losses to Washington, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Indiana, Penn State, and Ohio State
6. Maryland - 3-9 - losses to everyone except Sparty
7. Michigan State - 2-10 - 0-9 in conference play - but they might beat Michigan because that's what they do.. ha.

Jeff Brohm and Jim Harbaugh get fired.

PJ Fleck wants the Michigan job, but I'm not sure he fits the "Michigan Man mystique." I could see him ending up at USC if it opens.
Bold predictions! Takes courage to go out on a limb like this.

Just think, if Peirson-EL (SP) doesnt go all super man in 14', we might be talking about 9 in a row this year.
14 was on your idiot coach and his play-not-to-lose philosophy. You can thank our AD for lighting a fire under that lazy bigot's arse.
Now we have an AD whose talent is lighting a fire under OUR coaches caboose. This year will be different.

This didn't age well.
How so? Purdue is a redzone offense away from being 5-0 and Nebraska has shown nothing to claim to be way better than Purdue. Nebraska isn't quite as bad as I thought, but Purdue is better than I though. Didn't peg Purdue vs Nebraska to be first to 20.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT