ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Big Ten Predictions

I think it has more to do with Frost and staff improving. We know what we got in AM. Same old same old, we get 7 - 8 wins. Coaches improve, we can get to 10.
since AM has never won more than 4 games in a season, I'll put the 'same old, same old' bar there instead of at twice that total.

we all hope the ball is out of his hands as much as possible, forcing 'improvement' by way of limiting what he needs to do to put us in position to win - something he's failed miserably at his entire career.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
If the Hawks were just trying to replace dudes like Brandon Smith, Smith- Marsette, and even Alaric Jackson, I would agree with you. But unlike years past, Iowa hasn't replaced this much impact defensive front 7 talent in years. And they're not just plugging in some new dudes, they're replacing some elite talent with undersized dudes who wouldn't play for any other Big Ten program. Going into 2021, Iowa will have the smallest and least experienced defensive line in the Big Ten.

I also think Northwestern is going to suck, but their schedule is just terrible. Phil Steele has it ranked as one of the easiest in FBS. I think they go 7-5, and go 1-5 in the division.

I need to see Wisconsin suck in a non covid season before I believe they're going to really struggle.

And I think everyone should refrain from judging teams during the covid year. It jacked with development. It interrupted the insertion of schematic changes and philosophies. And the Big Ten also fvcked over some of its own programs like Iowa, Penn State, and Nebraska.

As much as I hate to admit it I have to agree with your Iowa assessment. The offense will be less explosive but hopeful for some QB improvement and steadiness. The back end of our defense will be very good but you highlighted the concern that most Iowa fans have with the front four being smaller and untested for the most part. Was huge that Iowa got Van Valkenburg to come back as he showed some great moments last year. They could use a portal DE/DT for sure.

They also lose a steady kicker so wait to be seen if the backup can produce.

since AM has never won more than 4 games in a season, I'll put the 'same old, same old' bar there instead of at twice that total.

we all hope the ball is out of his hands as much as possible, forcing 'improvement' by way of limiting what he needs to do to put us in position to win - something he's failed miserably at his entire career.

Well, yeah, that's part of it, which goes on the coaching. He's an athlete but makes not-so-good decisions too often, so put him in positions where he doesn't have to think too much.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I am not drinking any kool aid but I have a gut feeling Nebraska breaks through this year and has a solid season. How solid? Hard to say. We have a lot of talent. It all hinges on Amart improving I think. Frost has to know this is a put up or shut up year. He also has to know that another poor season puts him on a very hot seat. I think he might just have enough fear for his job and his career to lose his arrogance and learn some lessons.

Unlike many Husker fans I lack confidence in our defense and that causes me to temper my hopes a bit. Sure we have a ton of guys back and some quality depth. But these same players were only average last year. Unless they suddenly improve I am officially in a wait and see mode.
The one thing that will instantly make the defense better is if the offense doesn’t turn the ball over too many times and the special teams stops giving gifts to the opponents. If we are more disciplined, our defense will be better, hands down, in my opinion.

I also think Northwestern is going to suck, but their schedule is just terrible. Phil Steele has it ranked as one of the easiest in FBS. I think they go 7-5, and go 1-5 in the division.

Prognosticating NU is a crap shoot. You never know what kind of voodoo pixie dust Pat Fitzgerald has up his sleeve. He has proven he can win the West in the ugliest way possible.

1. Literally returning the most experienced and oldest defense in both the Power 5 and FBS.
2. The offensive line, receivers, and running backs are the 2nd highest ranked collection of offensive talent in the Big Ten. Only Ohio State has more. And that doesn't even count Toure, who might be the most talented newcomer in the conference. Michigan and Penn State don't even have this much "recruiting site talent" on offense.
3. QB on pace to break every Big Ten total offense record with more career starts than any other QB in the FBS.

The 8-4 prediction is actually kind of pathetic. I have Nebraska losing to Minnesota and Wisconsin, and neither team has any discernable matchup advantage over Nebraska right now.
This post doesn’t help your argument. I will explain why using your points 1-3;
1. Returning the same D that’s not any good is a bad thing. It doesn’t matter if they keep returning if they stink. You actually want younger players to beat them out or you aren’t getting any better.
2. That’s just ridiculous. Nebraska doesn’t have the second highest collection of talent on offense in the B1G. If so they wouldn’t be below .500 every year. They are actually an average to below average collection of talent on Saturdays. HS ball means nothing now.
3. This means nothing when your team stinks & you are forced to start as a freshman on a bad team & have to stay all four years because you aren’t good enough to move on. NU is below .500 with him, regardless of personal records.

You are saying Nebraska has a record breaking QB, the second best offensive talent, most experienced defense...blah, blah. If so, why are they below .500? Because they aren’t what you say they are.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
1. Returning the same D that’s not any good is a bad thing. It doesn’t matter if they keep returning if they stink. You actually want younger players to beat them out or you aren’t getting any better.
2. That’s just ridiculous. Nebraska doesn’t have the second highest collection of talent on offense in the B1G. If so they wouldn’t be below .500 every year. They are actually an average to below average collection of talent on Saturdays. HS ball means nothing now.
3. This means nothing when your team stinks & you are forced to start as a freshman on a bad team & have to stay all four years because you aren’t good enough to move on. NU is below .500 with him, regardless of personal records.

You are saying Nebraska has a record breaking QB, the second best offensive talent, most experienced defense...blah, blah. If so, why are they below .500? Because they aren’t what you say they are.
So what you are saying is........I will counter your facts with emotion. Got it, good arguments.

Reactions: HuskerHackFraud
Big Ten West

1. Minnesota - 11-1 - loss to Ohio State
2. Wisconsin - 10-2 - loss to Notre Dame and Minnesota
3. Nebraska - 8-4 - loss to OU, Ohio State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin
4. Northwestern - 7-5 - will lose to Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan - but rest of schedule is comically terrible.
5. Iowa - 6-6 - biggest rebuilding season in years. - will lose to Indiana, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Penn State
6. Purdue - 3-9 - will lose to everyone but Ilinois
7. Illinois - 3-9 - will lose to everyone but Maryland

Big Ten East

1. Ohio State - 11-1 - I think Oregon gets them in week two.
2. Penn State - 10-2 - losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State
3. Indiana - 9-3 - losses to Ohio State, Penn State, and Minnesota
4. Rutgers - 7-5 - losses to Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, and Wisconsin
5. Michigan - 6-6 - losses to Washington, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Indiana, Penn State, and Ohio State
6. Maryland - 3-9 - losses to everyone except Sparty
7. Michigan State - 2-10 - 0-9 in conference play - but they might beat Michigan because that's what they do.. ha.

Jeff Brohm and Jim Harbaugh get fired.

PJ Fleck wants the Michigan job, but I'm not sure he fits the "Michigan Man mystique." I could see him ending up at USC if it opens.
Nebraska 15-0 National champs. Logan smothers wins the heisman. #bringthattropphybacktolincoln

1. Nebraska's defense finished 34th Nationally in defensive efficiency per ESPN FPI, and was 37th in yards per play allowed. That happened without getting the benefit of a non con full of shit competition. They return 18 of their top 20 tacklers. 13 of those 18 dudes are underclassmen. And of the five dudes who came back with an extra year of eligibility, two of them have been on All-Conference team, and the other three were all former 4-Stars who were incredibly productive last season.

2. Nebraska's offense will start 3 former HS All-Americans on the offensive line, a top 100 QB who was a Freshman All American, Zavier Betts, Oliver Martin, Samouri Toure, and the deepest TE room in the Big Ten. More importantly, they now have some highly touted depth that hasn't been available on the offensive side of the football since before Mike Riley arrived in Lincoln.

3. Adrian is pace to set the Big Ten record for Total Offense, completion percentage, and will finish top 3 all time in passing.

And you're right about one thing: "THEY WEREN"T what I say they are. Nebraska needed starts from dudes like Wyatt Mazour and Kade Warner, and Kanawai Noa, and Levi Falck over the last two seasons. That isn't the case anymore from a skill talent standpoint.

Don't try to come here and talk about Nebraska when you have no clue what the hell you're talking about.

So what you are saying is........I will counter your facts with emotion. Got it, good arguments.
The facts are the record. What’s Nebraska’s record? You keep telling people how experienced & talented a below .500 team is. LOL

1. Nebraska's defense finished 34th Nationally in defensive efficiency per ESPN FPI, and was 37th in yards per play allowed. That happened without getting the benefit of a non con full of shit competition. They return 18 of their top 20 tacklers. 13 of those 18 dudes are underclassmen. And of the five dudes who came back with an extra year of eligibility, two of them have been on All-Conference team, and the other three were all former 4-Stars who were incredibly productive last season.

2. Nebraska's offense will start 3 former HS All-Americans on the offensive line, a top 100 QB who was a Freshman All American, Zavier Betts, Oliver Martin, Samouri Toure, and the deepest TE room in the Big Ten. More importantly, they now have some highly touted depth that hasn't been available on the offensive side of the football since before Mike Riley arrived in Lincoln.

3. Adrian is pace to set the Big Ten record for Total Offense, completion percentage, and will finish top 3 all time in passing.

And you're right about one thing: "THEY WEREN"T what I say they are. Nebraska needed starts from dudes like Wyatt Mazour and Kade Warner, and Kanawai Noa, and Levi Falck over the last two seasons. That isn't the case anymore from a skill talent standpoint.

Don't try to come here and talk about Nebraska when you have no clue what the hell you're talking about.
I’ve probably been to more NU games the past 20 years than you since my father-in-law is a huge booster & he actually knows what’s going on inside the program.
I really don’t care one single bit about anything you say. What’s Nebraska’s record? Below .500? Yeah, you know SO MUCH about how great they REALLY are...
3-5
5-7
4-8
4-8
That’s the years of talent & experience NU’s 5th Year Seniors returning have produced.

Last edited:

100% correct sir. I think the OLine could be quite better which would really help the offense. The defense just keeps getting better every year.

Special teams though.....they're a killer for us. I guess we'll just have to pray for a miracle.

I’ve probably been to more NU games the past 20 years than you since my father-in-law is a huge booster & he actually knows what’s going on inside the program.
I really don’t care one single bit about anything you say. What’s Nebraska’s record? Below .500? Yeah, you know SO MUCH about how great they REALLY are...
3-5
5-7
4-8
4-8
That’s the years of talent & experience NU’s 5th Year Seniors returning have produced.

Lol.. only DE Ben Stille and S Marquel Dismuke have been in Lincoln that whole time.

S Deontai Williams and LB Will Honas were Juco transfers and both missed a full season with injury. Honas has 11 career starts. Williams has 8 career starts.

JoJo Domann, who is a terrific football player btw, has been in Lincoln since 2016, but suffered some bad injuries that kept him out of the 17 and most of the 18 seasons. JoJo has 16 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, and 10 pass break ups the last two seasons. Kid also shut down Randall Moore last season.

Oh, and Nebraska's winning pct is .620 the last decade.

And laughing my ass of at your last 20 years shit.

You don't know a damn thing about any of those players.

Reactions: bshirt73

Adrian leaving NU with both the B1G total offense and quarterback losses records would be a pretty fair summary of his career.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
3-5
5-7
4-8
4-8

"Those who stay all 5 years will ... errrr ... might... go to a bowl ....maybe"

print the shirts

• Haha
Reactions: NikkiSixx
Minnesota 2021 schedule

Early games are far more challenging than 2019. We shall see, but schedule looks capable of tripping up the Minnesota (LAST GOLDEN IN 1967) Gophers.

• SEP 2 (THU) TBA

VS
    OHIO STATE
    TCF BANK STADIUM
  • SEP 11 (SAT) TBA

VS
    MIAMI (OH)
    TCF BANK STADIUM
  • SEP 18 (SAT) TBA

AT
    COLORADO
    BOULDER, CO
  • SEP 25 (SAT) TBA

VS
    BOWLING GREEN
    TCF BANK STADIUM
  • OCT 2 (SAT) TBA

AT
    PURDUE
    WEST LAFAYETTE, IN
  • OCT 16 (SAT) TBA

VS
    NEBRASKA
    TCF BANK STADIUM
  • OCT 23 (SAT) TBA

VS
    MARYLAND
    TCF BANK STADIUM
  • OCT 30 (SAT) TBA

AT
    NORTHWESTERN
    EVANSTON, IL
  • NOV 6 (SAT) TBA

VS
    ILLINOIS
    TCF BANK STADIUM
  • NOV 13 (SAT) TBA

AT
    IOWA
    IOWA CITY, IA
  • NOV 20 (SAT) TBA

AT
    INDIANA
    BLOOMINGTON, IN
  • NOV 27 (SAT) TBA

VS
    WISCONSIN
    TCF BANK STADIUM

Are you assuming he is coming back for 2 more seasons? That he will be healthy for every game for those 2 seasons? At that point he will be a 5 year starter, I would hope he would own all the records. If Brees and Barrett had a 5 year of eligibility, or even just the extra 8 games, their records would be out of reach.

He currently has 7404 total offensive yards. The record is Barrett 12,697. Martinez would have to play 2 seasons and average 2646 in total yards per season to pass Barrett. Of course, as I pointed out earlier, there would be a great big asterisks next to his name because he will have played 5 seasons and not 4 like Barrett.

He currently has 5628 passing yards, Brees has the record with 11,792 to reach that he would have to average 3082 yards per year, to be in the top 3 he would need to average 2,644 per season, which is more than he passed for his freshman year. Again huge asterisks because of the 5 seasons to reach that total.

He may set a record for completion pct, but if he completes passes at the same rate and distance as last year, he would have to throw roughly 400 passes to get to 3000 yards. I don't think Nebraska is going to be throwing 400 times next year.

So there is that.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Athlon Sports early thoughts on Penn State

penn-state-nittany-lions.png
Penn State started the 2020 season 0-5 but finished with a four-game winning streak. The four-win campaign marked the first time since 2015 the Nittany Lions did not win at least nine contests. Despite the 4-5 mark, coach James Franklin’s squad rated as a top-20 team by the ESPN SP+ rankings, so a quick rebound is likely in order. Franklin replaced Kirk Ciarrocca after just one season with Mike Yurcich, and he’s tasked with jumpstarting an offense that regressed in ‘2020. More consistency from the quarterback position would solve a lot of woes. The skill talent is in good shape, but question marks remain in the trenches after allowing 28 sacks in nine games. Regression on defense is also a concern. Penn State gave up 27.7 points a contest after holding teams to 16.0 a game in ’19. A couple of transfers will bolster an immediate concern in the trenches for coordinator Brent Pry. A minus-eight turnover margin is also to blame for the 2020 regression, but the Nittany Lions have to be better on both sides of the ball to return to the top 25.

ESPN FPI loves Penn State as a Top 10 program, but are they really?

Penn State Nittany Lions 2021 Schedule​

Date: Opponent (Location)

Sept. 4: at Wisconsin Badgers (Madison, Wis.) - not an easy opener (remember 2020 at IU)

Sept. 11: vs. Ball State Cardinals (University Park, Pa.)

Sept. 18: vs. Auburn Tigers (University Park, Pa.) - SEC showdown in Happy Valley

Sept. 25: vs. Villanova Wildcats (University Park, Pa.)

Oct. 2: vs. Indiana Hoosiers (University Park, Pa.) - does IU travel and play well on road?

Oct. 9: at Iowa Hawkeyes (Iowa City, Iowa) - lost in Happy Valley to Hawkeyes, badly.

Oct. 23: vs. Illinois Fighting Illini (University Park, Pa.)

Oct. 30: at Ohio State Buckeyes (Columbus, Ohio) - fans will be back in the Horseshoe for this one

Nov. 6: at Maryland Terrapins (College Park, Md.) - road game

Nov. 13: vs. Michigan Wolverines (University Park, Pa.)

Nov. 20: vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights (University Park, Pa.)

Nov. 27: at Michigan State Spartans (East Lansing, Mich.)

If the Hawks were just trying to replace dudes like Brandon Smith, Smith- Marsette, and even Alaric Jackson, I would agree with you. But unlike years past, Iowa hasn't replaced this much impact defensive front 7 talent in years. And they're not just plugging in some new dudes, they're replacing some elite talent with undersized dudes who wouldn't play for any other Big Ten program. Going into 2021, Iowa will have the smallest and least experienced defensive line in the Big Ten.

I need to see Wisconsin suck in a non covid season before I believe they're going to really struggle.

And I think everyone should refrain from judging teams during the covid year. It jacked with development. It interrupted the insertion of schematic changes and philosophies. And the Big Ten also fvcked over some of its own programs like Iowa, Penn State, and Nebraska.
Pretty fair response but I’m not sure where you came up with guys not playing anywhere on the DL at other schools. Is there somewhere they lost experience coming back for DL because I don’t know that I buy that either. All four starters on the DL will have had previous snaps. One DE started quite a few games last year. They all had multiple P5 offers including a four star with an Ohio State offer in Waggoner. They might take some lumps early but it’s a DL with a ton of potential.

The Hawks are stacked at LB and the hybrid “Cash” position. The back 4/5 led the conference in INTs last year and they all return.

The WRs will be just fine. Brandon Smith was criminally under used in Iowa’s offense. It’s going to help that Bruce and Johnson both enrolled early. Don’t forget Sam LaPorta returns as well.

RB is a thin position after Goodson. That’s pretty scary. I sure wish Iowa got those last two games in against Michigan and Missouri after Petras started rolling.

I think the west is wide open and Nebraska has the defense to compete.

Are you assuming he is coming back for 2 more seasons? That he will be healthy for every game for those 2 seasons? At that point he will be a 5 year starter, I would hope he would own all the records. If Brees and Barrett had a 5 year of eligibility, or even just the extra 8 games, their records would be out of reach.

He currently has 7404 total offensive yards. The record is Barrett 12,697. Martinez would have to play 2 seasons and average 2646 in total yards per season to pass Barrett. Of course, as I pointed out earlier, there would be a great big asterisks next to his name because he will have played 5 seasons and not 4 like Barrett.

He currently has 5628 passing yards, Brees has the record with 11,792 to reach that he would have to average 3082 yards per year, to be in the top 3 he would need to average 2,644 per season, which is more than he passed for his freshman year. Again huge asterisks because of the 5 seasons to reach that total.

He may set a record for completion pct, but if he completes passes at the same rate and distance as last year, he would have to throw roughly 400 passes to get to 3000 yards. I don't think Nebraska is going to be throwing 400 times next year.

So there is that.
yep.

there's only one distinction AM will leave NU/the B1G with - person who has quarterbacked his university to the most games lost.

Prognosticating NU is a crap shoot. You never know what kind of voodoo pixie dust Pat Fitzgerald has up his sleeve. He has proven he can win the West in the ugliest way possible.

And every time he's won the division, its come with a senior laden team returning loads of production. When Northwestern takes the field in 2021, they will have 16 new starters.

Pretty fair response but I’m not sure where you came up with guys not playing anywhere on the DL at other schools. Is there somewhere they lost experience coming back for DL because I don’t know that I buy that either. All four starters on the DL will have had previous snaps. One DE started quite a few games last year. They all had multiple P5 offers including a four star with an Ohio State offer in Waggoner. They might take some lumps early but it’s a DL with a ton of potential.

The Hawks are stacked at LB and the hybrid “Cash” position. The back 4/5 led the conference in INTs last year and they all return.

The WRs will be just fine. Brandon Smith was criminally under used in Iowa’s offense. It’s going to help that Bruce and Johnson both enrolled early. Don’t forget Sam LaPorta returns as well.

RB is a thin position after Goodson. That’s pretty scary. I sure wish Iowa got those last two games in against Michigan and Missouri after Petras started rolling.

I think the west is wide open and Nebraska has the defense to compete.

Waggoner has been one of the most disappointing recruits at Iowa of the last few years.

Waggoner has been one of the most disappointing recruits at Iowa of the last few years.

I can see VanValkenberg being a plus on the line for them but where he see’s Ioway is so stacked at the linebacker..
But they will have a stout defensive secondary ..

Still think their wide receiver room with the losses that left last year, would be a concern if I was a Herky fan...

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I can see VanValkenberg being a plus on the line for them but where he see’s Ioway is so stacked at the linebacker..

Still think their wide receiver room with the losses that left last year, would be a concern if I was a Herky fan...

The wide receiver room has a good mix of youth and experience. Two true freshmen have joined the program for spring drills.

Iowa returns three linebackers who project well and have experience though are all really seeing first true spring at Iowa.

Iowa's starting RB will be entering his third season as a starter and it is his first spring practice at Iowa his strength and conditioning coach was reminded the other day.

Waggoner hasn't been 100% each season, as I recall. Injuries have impacted his availability, especially in 2020.

If healthy, he will get an opportunity at DE it has been reported, since a true freshman who hit two deeps at RDE last season projects as a possible starter at DT.

Iowa has had success with young teams before, unlike Northwestern.

This appears to be a good mix of youth and experience for Iowa. They do return a captain on each side of the ball with Center Tyler Linderbaum and CB Matt Hankins opting to return, rather than head to NFL.

Let's see how VanValkenberg does without Nixon, Gholston, and Heflin commanding so much attention up front. He's kind of on the Pierre Allen train to success. Allen had really good numbers in 2009 when teams had to focus on Suh and Crick. In 2010, Allen was basically just a body who didn't do much in league play.

Reactions: scarletred
The FPI ratings are only good when defending how good the Nebraska defense was last year.

FPI rankings change dramatically once games start getting played. It measures a teams offensive, defensive, and special teams efficiency while also factoring in SOS and quality of opponent.

The preseason element of that formula is dumb and often completely off base.

And I'm pretty sure Nebraska's defense had a preseason rank in the 60s or 70s last season. Its kind of a silly metric to use prior to games actually getting played.

Last edited:
Still too early to tell I think. He is going to be a junior. As for VV, I don’t care what excuse is made, having him back is such a plus with the inexperience of the other guys.

Campbell and Benson will be NFL drafted LBs. They are backed up by a third year four star with a big offer list including his home state Ohio State.

WR isn’t as concerning as a couple other positions. Way better than four years ago before Kelton Copeland came.
The depth that Kirk has amassed is crazy compared to even 6 years ago. Iowa doesn’t reload in the Clemson, OSU, Alabama sense; but in the 8+ win per season sense, they do.

Still too early to tell I think. He is going to be a junior. As for VV, I don’t care what excuse is made, having him back is such a plus with the inexperience of the other guys.

Campbell and Benson will be NFL drafted LBs. They are backed up by a third year four star with a big offer list including his home state Ohio State.

WR isn’t as concerning as a couple other positions. Way better than four years ago before Kelton Copeland came.
The depth that Kirk has amassed is crazy compared to even 6 years ago. Iowa doesn’t reload in the Clemson, OSU, Alabama sense; but in the 8+ win per season sense, they do.

Phil Parker implied that they may play more 4-3 in 2021. Having 3 strong LBs, and Justin Jacobs stuck with Iowa, instead of attending in-state Ohio State. He arrived early to Iowa, only to sustain a spring injury in 2019, as a true freshman.

Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin are interesting teams in 2021. Minnesota and Northwestern have some major questions, especially at quarterback. The Gophers did get a nice win against Wisconsin, but it is only one in 15 years?

Purdue and Illinois are clearly spoilers, rather than front-runners.

Quality depth means your stacked not just starting LBer’s that’s the point I’m making... Even with our Manning I don’t think Ioway has better WR’s than Nebraska. They did in 2020..

FPI rankings change dramatically once games start getting played. It measures a teams offensive, defensive, and special teams efficiency while also factoring in SOS and quality of opponent.

The preseason element of that formula is dumb and often completely off base.

And I'm pretty sure Nebraska's defense had a preseason rank in the 60s or 70s last season. Its kind of a silly metric to use prior to games actually getting played.
as silly as assuming Adrian throws for the 5,300 yards he needs to leave as a top 3 all-time passer in the B1G?

Cidsports, Minnesota Tanner Morgan coming back and the majority of their offense and some portal players coming in on the defense side of the ball..

On paper their the 2nd best team in the division...

Last edited:

That's usually true along the D-line for Iowa and that unit often leads the charge for some dynamic defensive play. But 2021 is a bit of an outlier for returning production.

2015- Nate Meier, Drew Ott, and Jaleel Johnson returning - Hesse, and Bazata emerge
2016- Jaleel Johnson, Hesse, and Bazata returning- Nelson emerges
2017- Hesse, Nelson, and Bazata Return - Epenesa and Latimore emerge
2018- Epenesa, Nelson, Hesse, and Lattimore return - Chauncey Gholston emerges
2019 - Epenesa, Lattimore, and Gholston return - Nixon emerges
2020- Nixon, and Gholston return , Heflin is brought in as a transfer - Van Valkenburg emerges

2021 - VanValkenburg returns.

This isn't the same situation that Iowa has seen the last half decade plus. By now, dudes like Noah Shannon and John Waggoner were usually major focal points if the defense, even if they hadn't started games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT