ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Big Ten Predictions

you said state penn beating an upper 3rd b1g team is no big deal while in the same breath predicting an "upper 3rd" b1g team to beat them

argue your point better or don't post

No. You were the one who said the Hawkeyes are "borderline top third of the conference at best". I think Iowa may only be behind Ohio State in the Big Ten as of today.

Follow the thread better or go sleep it off.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
No. You were the one who said the Hawkeyes are "borderline top third of the conference at best". I think Iowa may only be behind Ohio State in the Big Ten as of today.

Follow the thread better or go sleep it off.
It looks fine as far as defeating a middle of the pack SEC team, which is where Auburn is at. Now, a middle of the pack SEC team is still a top third Big Ten team. But beating an upper third Big Ten team by a TD at home is not that big of a deal.

I just think Iowa at home is the superior bet.
remind me, is "only behind ohiost" included in "top third"?

whatever you say, 🤡

remind me, is "only behind ohiost" included in "top third"?

whatever you say, 🤡

Auburn would just make the top third in the Big Ten. Like Sparty. Penn State beating MSU at home by a TD would be a good solid win.

Whereas Iowa is within the top three. Some would say they are number one in the conference.

Here is a video that compares the Nitts and the Hawkeyes.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
If only they had an OL and a QB. Throw in RBs a TE and a WR outside of Bell and we’d be talking Purdue as the top team on the West. Good thing their defense was good enough to keep mighty Illinois and Minnesota from scoring too much. It really bodes well for the rest of their schedule that includes at Iowa, MSU, OSU, and Nebraska. Maybe their defense will play well enough to keep them close in the Indiana and Wisconsin games.

Purdue isn’t playing in a bowl game this year.
Purdue has one of the best TE's in the big ten, a returning all big ten RB, and more than one WR. Maybe try watching them?

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Nobody watches them.
Ha! I was sort of thinking that too. I mean, if you are not a purdue fan why would you turn on a purdue game and even if you did have it on why would you "study" the team.

This is not 1990 where there are only a few games on a day in a few time slots.

Nobody watches them.
Like, Uconn plays Umass this weekend. Both teams are winless and UConn is on the road at -3. I will probably watch more of that game than I will Purdue, if they even play this weekend, I really don't know.

And that is not me being a snob, I went to a NU game at Purdue and it was a blast, I loved it. but I would never watch Purdue just to watch them.

Like, Uconn plays Umass this weekend. Both teams are winless and UConn is on the road at -3. I will probably watch more of that game than I will Purdue, if they even play this weekend, I really don't know.

And that is not me being a snob, I went to a NU game at Purdue and it was a blast, I loved it. but I would never watch Purdue just to watch them.
Hope you went to breakfast club!

Hope you went to breakfast club!
Hell yeah!
It was awesome, it might be the best big ten roadie we have done.

The breakfast club was so fun and the fans are great. The tailgating was a blast, open fires! We ended up crashing "Purdue Hodgie's" tailgate. Soooo fun.

Reactions: BoilerN
Hell yeah!
It was awesome, it might be the best big ten roadie we have done.

The breakfast club was so fun and the fans are great. The tailgating was a blast, open fires! We ended up crashing "Purdue Hodgie's" tailgate. Soooo fun.
We Purdue fans embrace drinking when the bars open at 7am. Even if it's a 7pm game. Haha

Reactions: SuperBigFan
Big Ten West

1. Minnesota - 11-1 - loss to Ohio State
2. Wisconsin - 10-2 - loss to Notre Dame and Minnesota
3. Nebraska - 8-4 - loss to OU, Ohio State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin
4. Northwestern - 7-5 - will lose to Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan - but rest of schedule is comically terrible.
5. Iowa - 6-6 - biggest rebuilding season in years. - will lose to Indiana, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Penn State
6. Purdue - 3-9 - will lose to everyone but Ilinois
7. Illinois - 3-9 - will lose to everyone but Maryland

Big Ten East

1. Ohio State - 11-1 - I think Oregon gets them in week two.
2. Penn State - 10-2 - losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State
3. Indiana - 9-3 - losses to Ohio State, Penn State, and Minnesota
4. Rutgers - 7-5 - losses to Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, and Wisconsin
5. Michigan - 6-6 - losses to Washington, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Indiana, Penn State, and Ohio State
6. Maryland - 3-9 - losses to everyone except Sparty
7. Michigan State - 2-10 - 0-9 in conference play - but they might beat Michigan because that's what they do.. ha.

Jeff Brohm and Jim Harbaugh get fired.

PJ Fleck wants the Michigan job, but I'm not sure he fits the "Michigan Man mystique." I could see him ending up at USC if it opens.
Both teams you had 6-6 won the division. What are the odds?

Both teams you had 6-6 won the division. What are the odds?
Actually, this has been one strange CF season. Totally unpredictable. The four teams that have dominated the playoffs over the last few years - Alabama, Clemson, OSU and Oklahoma - could all be shut out this year especially if Georgia beats Alabama as expected. In fact, Alabama, Clemson, OSU and Oklahoma were all rated in most of the top 5 preseason polls.

I don’t see Minnesota only losing their opener and than going unbeaten the rest of the way especially winning the last 3 in a row..

I do think Minnesota has as good of a chance to win the division as much as Wisconsin and Ioway..

I personal don’t think Ioway will be better than last year because defensively their having to replace some good defensive players..

Mertz wasn’t as a good as advertised when he arrived in Madison.. He will have to improve quite a bit before I predict them losing only 2 games..

Nebraska fixes it’s special teams and 2AM improves on making better decisions and cuts down on turnovers I can see Nebraska finally have a good season under SF..
Wrong as usual

There was one poster that said the Offensive Line was going to vastly improved and I was hesitant pre season because O-line was the weakest link last year.

I was wrong. O-line was the second weakest link. Special Teams was the weakest link this year and single-handedly lost at least three-four games for us this year. It will take decades to cleanse the damage they did in 2021.

These are a lot of fun to go back and read. I see why some Nebraska posters are MIA or possibly changed their names. In reading through the posts - the Iowa posters appear to be the most rational and accurate ones in their predictions.

These are a lot of fun to go back and read. I see why some Nebraska posters are MIA or possibly changed their names. In reading through the posts - the Iowa posters appear to be the most rational and accurate ones in their predictions.
I can’t come to make fun of someone who put it all in writing pre season. @Cornicator backs up his opinion with knowledge and fact. I respect him for that. I wish he hadn’t gone MIA and still posted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT