ADVERTISEMENT

2021 and immediately playing

Husker Red 182

Walk On
Oct 28, 2019
Who do u all expect to play immediately in this class? I would say on offense there are opportunities at skill positions obviously starts with fidone, but there are opportunities for gabe Ervin, nevelle, hardy, and grimes.
On defense best opportunity I feel like is for Buford and bretz at safety as we do not know who returns and farmer, Wright, and Clark coming back from injuries. I feel like linebacker recruits need time to develop but if kpai or gaybar could rush of edge could be game changer

Reactions: HominidHusker
Like to see Noa Pola-Gates see some significant playing time..
concerned that Braxton Clark and Myles Farmer come back strong to strengthen our secondary play which could take a hit with 3 Seniors opting out for next season..

Reactions: saluno22
concerned that Braxton Clark and Myles Farmer come back strong to strengthen our secondary play which could take a hit with 3 Seniors opting out for next season..

We will also need Wright to come back strong from his injury. He was going to be JoJo’s replacement.

Last edited:
NPG concerns me. He was hyped out of high school as an immediate impact player during the All Star high school game. He’s literally done nothing in two years. He was shown at the end of the Rutgers game double bird flipping the Rutgers sideline though. Classy look!

Reactions: 6OSK3RS
Gates is 175 lbs, not big enough for a safety. If we have true freshmen playing DB/secondary we have more problems.

I wouldnt say hes a whiff by any means....he red shirted last year so he was a rso this year.. and our secondary was pretty good with the upper classman...cmon man

I wouldnt say hes a whiff by any means....he red shirted last year so he was a rso this year.. and our secondary was pretty good with the upper classman...cmon man

RSFreshman. But it sounds like he might be behind a couple other freshmen in Farmer and Gifford.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Gates has four more years so I wouldn't be worried about him. Worst case they can move him to WR because he looks to have pretty good speed on film.

We will also need Wright to come back strong from his injury. He was going to be JoJo’s replacement.

This exactly. JoJo could be a big loss if someone doesn't step up. The wideouts are long and should see some time. I wouldn't mind seeing some safety's moved down to olb depending on their build. I know we don't have the safety room we need, but I would consider recruiting safeties for OLB depending on their body type. OLB room is not very athletic right now.

This exactly. JoJo could be a big loss if someone doesn't step up. The wideouts are long and should see some time. I wouldn't mind seeing some safety's moved down to olb depending on their build. I know we don't have the safety room we need, but I would consider recruiting safeties for OLB depending on their body type. OLB room is not very athletic right now.
I agree. It seems like Bretz and Gifford fit that profile, but we could be thin at safety if Williams and Dismuke are both done.

Reactions: red scowl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT