ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Season

Hope you were in South Bend in 2000 and enjoyed all the Red with the cherry on top with the “W”.

I was not. I was deployed in the military then.
But i was home in Indy in 2012 B1G title game to see Nebraska in person against Wisconsin.

Ive actually been to as many NU games as ND games over that time. In-laws are from West O & huge donors. One was on the early 70’s title teams. They are disgusted by what has happened. I watch as a neutral party & listen to them like a fly on the wall.
It is beyond disgusting. Hoping Frost starts to turn the corner. Would love to start 7-0. 5 years ago I would have expected to be 7-0 with this starting schedule. We should be 7-0 after 7 games this year. But until we actually hit 7-0, I’m not gonna get my hopes up.

I was not. I was deployed in the military then.
But i was home in Indy in 2012 B1G title game to see Nebraska in person against Wisconsin.
Sorry, you must be mistaken. Nebraska has been AWOL since 2010...

Sorry, you must be mistaken. Nebraska has been AWOL since 2010...

That game was strange because Wisconsin actually finished 3rd in their division, but both OSU & PSU were ineligible.
My wife was wearing her back to back Nebraska national champions sweatshirt from the 90’s. Our tickets were actually behind the Wisconsin bench.

Isnt that they point though?
If Nebraska wants to be an elite program, Cincy shouldn’t even be a concern. So let’s back up. A top 25 program. A top 25 program still wins by two plus scores.
Last year the talk on here was NU being undefeated when OSU rolled around, possibly winning the West, etc... Now the talk is worrying about Cincy?
Programs turn around in 3 years. Happens a lot. Not being able to be bowl eligible when over half of FBS teams are is just ridiculous.
Purdue? Below .500 at home
Central Michigan? Horrible at home
S. Dakota St.? FCS at home
Cincy? G5 at home
Northwestern? Below .500
Illinois? Below .500 at home
Rutgers? Worst team B1G history

That’s the first 7 games. There is NO REASON not to start 7-0. Five are at home. And at Rutgers is a bye. At Northwestern is in front of 2,000 Wildcat fans & 20,000 Nebraska fans.

The mentality & state of this program is G5 level.

First off, nobody that you will ever speak to on a free internet message board is representative of "the mentality & state of the program." Perhaps representative of the fan base, but not the program.

Football's a very funny game. In '93 Boston College lost in week 2 at a Northwestern team that finished 2-9. That same Boston College team ended up knocking off those undefeated and #1 frauds in South Bend in their last regular season game. If Boston College was good enough to cost Notre Dame a title shot, they were surely good enough to beat 2-9 Northwestern, but saying a team should win and doing it are two different things.

Football's full of lessons of why you should respect every opponent and take nothing for granted....but if you're saying Nebraska is starting 7-0 this year, I'll allow it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIowahawks
First off, nobody that you will ever speak to on a free internet message board is representative of "the mentality & state of the program". Perhaps representative of the fan base, but not the program.

Football's a funny game. In '93 Boston College lost in week 2 at a Northwestern team that finished 2-9. That same Boston College team ended up knocking off those frauds in South Bend in Week 10 who were wrongly ranked #1. Football's full of lessons of why you should respect every opponent and take nothing for granted....but if you're saying Nebraska is starting 7-0 this year, I'll allow it.

Lost me at wrongly ranked #1. LOL
Beat #1 FSU, & four other top 15 teams.
That BC team was ranked 17th and hadn’t lost since then. Might want to learn a little more before you post?
Now you just sound like a crazy fan.

Lost me at wrongly ranked #1. LOL
Beat #1 FSU, & four other top 15 teams.
That BC team was ranked 17th and hadn’t lost since then. Might want to learn a little more before you post?
Now you just sound like a crazy fan.

Hadn't lost since, but they would lose the following week now wouldn't they.

ND lost to a team that couldn't beat a 2-9 Northwestern squad....NW was awful last year and finished better than 2-9. One of the all-time choke jobs by the Golden Domers, but it happens.

Shoulda had Barbara Walters on the sidelines for that one because it wasn't a football game, it was an exposé.

And you don't have to tell anyone, we know you're lost.

(In all fairness though, in addition to beating the team that exposed Notre Dame at home, Northwestern's other win came against a 2-9 Wake Forest squad.)

Last edited:
Ive actually been to as many NU games as ND games over that time. In-laws are from West O & huge donors. One was on the early 70’s title teams. They are disgusted by what has happened. I watch as a neutral party & listen to them like a fly on the wall.
I’ve also been to a bunch of ND and Nebraska games. My wife has deep ND football ties, so we go to games there a bit (like once a year) and try to make it back to Nebraska for a game, as often as possible. Both great college football venues, in different ways.

Reactions: scarletred
I’ve also been to a bunch of ND and Nebraska games. My wife has deep ND football ties, so we go to games there a bit (like once a year) and try to make it back to Nebraska for a game, as often as possible. Both great college football venues, in different ways.

Yeah. My hometown team is ND. Where I grew up. My wife grew up in Omaha, and VERY Catholic. So she loves going to ND with me & I spend a lot of time at NU games with her entire family.

Reactions: headcard
I honestly feel like the coming season is the most important for NU in decades. It has to be a 9-win season minimum with a bowl appearance (a high-profile bowl would go a long way). NU really needs to turn the corner in year three under Frost or it will be very difficult to maintain the recruiting necessary to be more than a middling program. NU is now 2 full decades removed from the 90s and most of the recruits don't even remember NU being a top tier program. This has got to change now. Another losing season and I don't think there will be confidence with recruits that NU is going in the right direction under Frost. And I think we have no choice but to stick with Frost after the turmoil of the past decade-plus.
"Most of the recruits don't even remember NU being a top tier program." None of the recruits were alive when NU was a top tier program.

Yeah. My hometown team is ND. Where I grew up. My wife grew up in Omaha, and VERY Catholic. So she loves going to ND with me & I spend a lot of time at NU games with her entire family.
Have y'all thought about swapping?

Have y'all thought about swapping?

I actually grew up cheering for NU as my second favorite team. I hated Miami, FSU, Florida, & even Colorado because of ND. So I liked rooting for a midwestern team who beat them. Them I actually started hating them because when I first spent time in Omaha people were just mean to me about ND. They would call me all sorts of names because they thought I was a band wagoner. But overtime I just became neutral as I matured & got older. But I do see NU a lot now. We usually are either at ND games, NU games or random games in Texas all football season.

Reactions: headcard
It is very important. I do not agree we need 9 wins, but we need progress and a bowl. 7-8 wins and we will show progress and probably land another Top 20 type class. Another year without a bowl and things could get ugly.
I've never seen a schedule be so bottom-heavy. NU could easily start 6-0 and end 6-6. On the one hand there's an opportunity to build confidence and work out the kinks, but things could become brutal after that. I'm hoping that strong showings against OSU and PSU help pave the way for wins in the last three games. I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll see a stronger team both mentally and physically in 2020, but I fear the psychological effect of even a 7 win season. Frost needs to open up competition at every position and accept no mediocrity in the program at any position or among the coaching staff.

I've never seen a schedule be so bottom-heavy. NU could easily start 6-0 and end 6-6. On the one hand there's an opportunity to build confidence and work out the kinks, but things could become brutal after that. I'm hoping that strong showings against OSU and PSU help pave the way for wins in the last three games. I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll see a stronger team both mentally and physically in 2020, but I fear the psychological effect of even a 7 win season. Frost needs to open up competition at every position and accept no mediocrity in the program at any position or among the coaching staff.
Making hay in the first half of the season is obviously crucial. Slip ups in the early games could spell disaster.

Here come the obsessed Iowa trolls in 3,2,1.....
ha! yea, probably true. 16/1 and up might as well be 10,000 to 1, IMO.

however, I do think this shows that NU, despite both our floundering the past 2 decades and the insistence of envious fanbases, remains a major national public brand.

ha! yea, probably true. 16/1 and up might as well be 10,000 to 1, IMO.

however, I do think this shows that NU, despite both our floundering the past 2 decades and the insistence of envious fanbases, remains a major national public brand.
I believe you mean 50/1 ;)

ADVERTISEMENT