ADVERTISEMENT

2020 schedule...

I said this when the schedule came out a couple years ago: Why did we agree to have a conference home game to open the season in a year when we only have FOUR conference home games? At least we should have tried to move a non-conference home game to later in the season to give some balance in the schedule, rather than just three home games over the last eight.

Thanks, Eichorst.

I don’t think we can blame Eichorst on this one...

Few years back there was talk about playing early conference games to start the season..

In 2023 we open the season with Minnesota in Minneapolis..

Reactions: saluno22
5-7 and with some very good improvement. However, I don't have much optimism that 2AM will show much grit and heart and I feel Frost has hitched his wagon to 2AM and is too stubborn to change horses---the QB play will hold the team back

4 home games to start the season. Brutal back half of the schedule. Could win first 7 games. After that....?? Man up!! GBR!!

my guess as of right now is 6-1 to start those 7 games. I’m NOT touching the back half. Not even when the season starts. I’ll go as far as saying we will go 6-1 those first 7 games though. A lot of how we do will be fall on who our starting QB is? Adrain Martinez or Luke McCaffrey...and if it’s Martinez, is he back to his freshman self or is he back to his timid sophomore self??? That’s going to make or break next years success or fail. It falls on our QBs shoulders...GBR

I honestly believe we turn it around big time in 2022. We’ll hover around .500 these next two years. That prediction is based on the growing pains from our staff and players as well as the brutal schedules. I think comparing our state of the program to what Kentucky was and is now is now is a good comparison. Below are Mark Stoops records at Kentucky. He literally had zero to work with and has won back-to-back bowls (Penn State & V.Tech). If Stoops can do it at a basketball school, there’s no doubt we can play for conference championships.

Year 1: 2-10
Year 2: 5-7
Year 3: 5-7
Year 4: 7-6
Year 5: 7-6
Year 6: 10-3
Year 7: 8-5

What if Frost isn't a Mark Stoops? Look who Mark Stoops has fired and hired for assistants, he's determined to make tough decisions to win.

What if Frost isn't a Mark Stoops? Look who Mark Stoops has fired and hired for assistants, he's determined to make tough decisions to win.

Are we really holding up a coach who is 44-44 with only one season of more than 8 wins over his 7 years as the model? We may have just as well held on to Riley

Reactions: HuskerTilDeath
I don’t think we can blame Eichorst on this one...

Few years back there was talk about playing early conference games to start the season..

In 2023 we open the season with Minnesota in Minneapolis..
I agree that we need to do our part in playing early-season conference games.

I disagree because I feel like Eichorst could have argued for it to be one of the road games in this particular cycle to avoid the rough back half schedule.

I really hate playing conference games to start the season. I’ve never understood why any school would think it’s a good idea. I believe there were a few schools that told the BiG TeN no on this concept. SE allowed this and he also was talking about not playing on Black Friday anymore. These things also helped seal his fate.

4 home games to start the season. Brutal back half of the schedule. Could win first 7 games. After that....?? Man up!! GBR!!
Frost has 30 - 4 star recruits from his 3 classes under his belt. Wisconsin has 11, Iowa has 7, and Minnesota has 4 in that same time period. Plus Iowa will lose a couple underclassmen early to the draft. So those games should be wins - right???

It’s not the quarterback making dumb penalties. The dropped passes, late hits, targeting, holding, fumbles it goes way past the quarterback. It’s a team problem.
I agree and, frankly, improvement in Nebraska's defense is more critical than QB play,

Reactions: Huskerchil
We have no clue how good most of those teams are gonna be, so there’s that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT