ADVERTISEMENT

2020 schedule...

1500x500

ENS_gRHW4AAimsq.jpg:large

ENS_gRDWsAAl13g.jpg

ENS_gRHW4AAimsq.jpg

ENS_gRGXsAIdKMz.jpg

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
At this point, the only thing anyone can say is bring it. aOSU and LSU both had top-four strength of schedule rankings at the end of the regular season this year, so the cream will rise. I don't think 2020 Nebraska is necessarily the cream, but with the exception of the Rutgers matchup every game presents some unique issues and the Schiano hire makes that an intriguing matchup, too. Can't wait.

Really is hard to know what we see from Nebraska. They could be the same, they could be improved, they could be vastly improved. If we show little to no improvement. Us winning 4 or 5 games is the best I see. Im going to go with us showing significant improvement. I see 8-4 realistically. Maybe we lose one to two vs Purdue, Cin, NW, or MN. Maybe we beat Iowa.

The 2020 Nebraska football schedule:

Sept. 5 Purdue WIN
Sept. 12 Central Michigan WIN
Sept. 19 SDSU WIN
Sept. 26 Cincinnati WIN
Oct. 3 at NW WIN
Oct. 10 Illinois WIN
Oct. 24 at Rutgers WIN
Oct. 31 at Ohio St. LOSS
Nov. 7 Penn St. LOSS
Nov. 14 at Iowa LOSS
Nov. 21 at Wisconsin LOSS
Nov. 27 Minnesota WIN

No question, that is a brutal slate. The one thing I really like is that there should be no issue with preseason hype or any players admiring their own press clippings. There should be a good bit of "no one believes in us" etc. After the last few years I'm not making any predictions. It's folly.

10-2. Yep here I go again after swearing to myself I wasn't going to make any prediction until I see the product on the field

10-2. Yep here I go again after swearing to myself I wasn't going to make any prediction until I see the product on the field

10-2 should get Frost COY honors. If Martinez becomes the QB many thought and Chinander actually puts a decent product on the field for once then maybe we get to 8 wins.

I think with the brutal back half of that schedule, 6-6 and being bowl eligible is what we're looking for. 7-5 would be a great success. 8-4 would be phenomenal and there would be a number of media stories about our improvement, because whooo boy, that is not a fun schedule at all.

I think 2021 is pretty rough too, but looks much more like an 8-4 or 9-3 type year if we've been improving.

2022 is the year I think we can get to the Big Ten tournament and a major bowl berth. Easier schedule, and we'll know by then for sure whether or not this coaching staff can get us there.

If they can maneuver through those first 7 (all winnable games), momentum is a funny thing. Look at Minnesota this season. Coming into the season they were expected to be ok but not great. They won a couple close games and started to come together. While they still lost to some tough competition late, no one argues that Minnesota had an unsuccessful season.

If they can maneuver through those first 7 (all winnable games), momentum is a funny thing. Look at Minnesota this season. Coming into the season they were expected to be ok but not great. They won a couple close games and started to come together. While they still lost to some tough competition late, no one argues that Minnesota had an unsuccessful season.
Agreed. This team needs to learn to win. No more finding ways to lose. No more boneheaded turnovers and penalties. Getting up on a team and putting your foot on the throat. Can't stress this word enough. FINISH!!!

Granted BC is not great, but Cincy is putting it on them in the 1st half of their bowl game.

Realistically I see another 5-7 or 6-6. A lot will depend on little details such as special teams improving and actually closing out games. If we do that, we can get to 7-8 wins.

The Purdue game will be the most important game if you ask me. As of now Brohm owns Frost so this would send the message that we beat a team that has beaten us the past couple of years. If we lose that game that will have our boys accepting that losers mentality we’ve been having since ‘15.

Realistically I see another 5-7 or 6-6. A lot will depend on little details such as special teams improving and actually closing out games. If we do that, we can get to 7-8 wins.

The Purdue game will be the most important game if you ask me. As of now Brohm owns Frost so this would send the message that we beat a team that has beaten us the past couple of years. If we lose that game that will have our boys accepting that losers mentality we’ve been having since ‘15.
Agree,6-6 is how I see the best scenario.

Cincinnati won't be afraid to play us. They play pretty good teams every year

It's hard to predict seasons.
Iowa looked like crap in 2014 and then 12 wins in 2015.
2 years ago who predicted NW winning the west? Or them finishing last this year?
Who predicted Minny tying for first this season and winning more games than they had in 115 years?
The reason us fans watch the games is because there are no guarantees. What fun would it be if we knew the outcome of games before they were played?

I like the opportunity to get to 7-0 early, but this team would have to make a giant leap forward to accomplish that.
Let’s hope a lot of good things happen this off season.

I honestly believe we turn it around big time in 2022. We’ll hover around .500 these next two years. That prediction is based on the growing pains from our staff and players as well as the brutal schedules. I think comparing our state of the program to what Kentucky was and is now is now is a good comparison. Below are Mark Stoops records at Kentucky. He literally had zero to work with and has won back-to-back bowls (Penn State & V.Tech). If Stoops can do it at a basketball school, there’s no doubt we can play for conference championships.

Year 1: 2-10
Year 2: 5-7
Year 3: 5-7
Year 4: 7-6
Year 5: 7-6
Year 6: 10-3
Year 7: 8-5

6-6 is as best as I can predict at this point. Purdue, SDSU, Cincinnati, and Illinois could all be tough games. After the last 3 seasons, I don't know how people are predicting 7-0 to start the season. I think people are going to be disappointed in OL, DL, and RB play. The play of Deontai Williams and Manning are the only areas I see significant improvement from last year.

I said this when the schedule came out a couple years ago: Why did we agree to have a conference home game to open the season in a year when we only have FOUR conference home games? At least we should have tried to move a non-conference home game to later in the season to give some balance in the schedule, rather than just three home games over the last eight.

Thanks, Eichorst.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT