ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Purdue at Nebraska unofficial game thread

Got to win for one big reason. Diaco. I might be on suicide watch if we lose that game. 229 days to go.

I think we win. A new scheme under Diaco will be vulnerable to say the least and probably the difference. Not saying he won’t do well eventually, just not at first. On the other hand, I’ve learned that we seem to find ways lose, so who knows.

Reactions: Wing-Back
Nice to see a game thread make it this far without any complaints about the refs or the announcers.

Huskers should win this game. Diaco will be trying to install the 3-4 from the 4-3 again and it will be game one of the year. Both offenses will score tons and move the ball well. But the Huskers will have the better defense at the time and will make the most stops. Huskers top Purdue this time. Probably a 42-36 Type game. It will be fun watching the Wandale Robinson/Rondell Moore match up. The two will be going up and down the field on each other’s defense.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Nebraska is not losing to no damn Purdue for an unprecedented 3 years in a row with all 3 years being under Scott Frost. If that happens, then I can almost promise you Frost will get fired next year not because of the lost to Purdue, but because if we lose ANY of those first 7 games, then I do believe we won't make a bowl game because if we lose to just 1 of those first 7 teams, then it'll likely mean we can easily lose to another. We won't beat any team on that back half of our schedule after those first 7 and then poof* no bowl game and poof* Frost is gone.

It is a “little early” to be thinking/worrying about feeling the strain. Winking

58db1e44d0993.image.jpg

Nebraska is not losing to no damn Purdue for an unprecedented 3 years in a row with all 3 years being under Scott Frost. If that happens, then I can almost promise you Frost will get fired next year not because of the lost to Purdue, but because if we lose ANY of those first 7 games, then I do believe we won't make a bowl game because if we lose to just 1 of those first 7 teams, then it'll likely mean we can easily lose to another. We won't beat any team on that back half of our schedule after those first 7 and then poof* no bowl game and poof* Frost is gone.
Have you been banned yet?

It’s coming, all you have to do is truly read any of his posts and you can just see the Husker hate in there. He’s trying hard to mask it a little but he just can’t help himself.

Why would somebody who so called hates the Huskers waste so much time and post so many messages on the Husker forums? You wouldn't catch me dead on an Iowa forms posting comments non-stop with them this much. You sound like your reaching dude. Clear your mind.

You want to see somebody who hates the Huskers? Look at THIS thread.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/1995-nu-best-ever-period-eod.261168/page-4

Why would somebody who so called hates the Huskers waste so much time and post so many messages on the Husker forums? You wouldn't catch me dead on an Iowa forms posting comments non-stop with them this much. You sound like your reaching dude. Clear your mind.

You want to see somebody who hates the Huskers? Look at THIS thread.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/1995-nu-best-ever-period-eod.261168/page-4
Your the only so called Husker fan ive seen on here or in person say Frost needs fired if he loses 1 of those first 7 games.... doesnt add up

Reactions: headcard
Huskers should win this game. Diaco will be trying to install the 3-4 from the 4-3 again and it will be game one of the year. Both offenses will score tons and move the ball well. But the Huskers will have the better defense at the time and will make the most stops. Huskers top Purdue this time. Probably a 42-36 Type game. It will be fun watching the Wandale Robinson/Rondell Moore match up. The two will be going up and down the field on each other’s defense.
What if I told you Purdue actually has the pieces to run a 3-4 better than a 4-3? Dline should be really good next year. I think it's going to be a really fun game. Purdues offense should be really really good next year.

Your the only so called Husker fan ive seen on here or in person say Frost needs fired if he loses 1 of those first 7 games.... doesnt add up

Bruh listen. I am tired of seeing the Huskers not only lose, but missed some GOT....DAMN.... bowl games year after year as we're one of the most respected blue-bloods in cfb history. TIRED! I don't know how much I can stress that. I hate this dumpster we've been living in the past few years. I am tired of this reality of "seeing if Nebraska can make a motha-freaking bowl game" which is a slap in the face to our royalness as a blue-blood with the best teams ever and most conference championships in the Big Ten. What the flying f*ck kind of reality are we living in if that's how low we've stooped from the greatness we used to be. I mean it's been over 50 years since the first time we've went 4-8 let alone to have to constantly deal with KEEPING ON being that damn low every year? In my mind I'm like "hellllll nooo F*ck that!" I'm mad and angry as hell. I have NOT excepted that this is our reality and I never ever even freaking will. I don't care WHAT anyone calls me for that.

So I'm a little more tired of this kind of losing more than you, your friends, or anybody else is on this entire freaking site. I'm impatient, I'm angry, I'm mad as hell, and I'm fed up as hell with this constant losing and not making a bowl game. And who do you always look to when your football team isn't performing well? The HEAD COACH. I know it's not his fault for the MOST part. But he's that "deer you see that you CAN shoot" for this. So of course naturally all this pint up aggression and hate I or anyone who feels like me have will go towards the head coach. I don't feel like I really even have to explain this to anyone and will continue to support my team and be critical where need be when I see some absolutely intolerable dissatisfying sh*t come out of this team every year. But that's why you'll probably hear me say every now and then "if Frost doesn't make a bowl game for 3 freaking years in a row I might think that he should get fired for that sh*t" Wouldn't you?!?! I promise you I won't be the only one this upset if he doesn't. I guarantee you that.

Oh great now our record for the "Longest streak of players being in the superbowl every year" that Nebraska held just got snapped with the loss of Tennessee who took out the 2 best teams in the NFL that also had Nebraska players on it.

So now since the Titans took out my Patriots and then the best team in the NFL in the Baltimore Ravens without finishing the job for our streak …. F*CK TENNESSEE!!!

who wins?
IMO this is the most important game for Frost to this point. Yes there have been bigger games and at that time important games in their own respect. To me this is a must win game. We are year 3, Frost went out and hired a proven WR/ OC. We should have the most depth we have had in awhile at most positions. Frost and Co need to come out strong right from the start and get that first W. Not only to build confidence for the team but to show the rest of the BIG that the weak Nebraska of the last 4 or 5 years is dead and not coming back. A win here could tip the scales and getting things rolling. A loss could start that negative mentality creeping in again for the team. If it takes hold, we could be in for another tough year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT