ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Pitching rotation ... yikes

TheHuskeRed

Sophomore
Dec 9, 2006
So I sit and stare at our roster and focus in on the pitching staff. We lose both Waldron’s, Fisher and Eddins this year. Who in the blazes will be our weekend guys next year? Bo Blessie? Kyle Perry? Robbie Palkert? Paul Tillotson? Good Lord … scary proposition going forward.

I'm going to guess Curry gets a shot unless he hangs it up due to injuries. Gomes and Perry may have shots. Like you said, it is anyone's guess right now.

At least we will have our excuses prepared for next year already. ;)

Reactions: saluno22
I overheard Greg Sharp saying they will be looking at Schwellenbach next year to pitch. No idea if that’s a pen guy or if they would stretch him out to start. I wish I had more confidence in Ted Silva but I just don’t. Nothing he has shown to tell me he knows how to develop a staff. DE will go down with the ship one day with all his assistants in tow with him. A+ given for loyalty and an F for decision making.

No offense to Nate Fisher or Reece Eddins,
but I really did not think of them as Starters back in 2018,
so let's not burn the barn down yet.

Stroh is an excellent guess for Sundays in 2020.
Luensmann and Klenke are only juniors.
Blessie and Perry were recruited to start some day.
Kissack will be eligible in 2020.
There is a whole roster we can go thru.

Last edited:

poster%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u1.jpg

Reactions: gunNrun

If I were Luensmann I would leave and find a private pitching coach to work with. He has the ability to pitch in the pros and Erstad and Silva don't have the answers he needs.

If I were Luensmann I would leave and find a private pitching coach to work with. He has the ability to pitch in the pros and Erstad and Silva don't have the answers he needs.
I do not get what they have done with him. I admit I don't know what their plan was with him to start out, but it sure seems like they have horribly mismanaged him. He was great in the closer role in 2016-even was B1G Freshman of the Year. So what do they do? Remove him from that role and stretch him out into long relief with a goal of making him a starter. It has not worked, to put it mildly. He's gone from successful closer, to OK long relief guy, to back of the bullpen guy who is hardly used. Why you take something that works and change it up makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Count me in as confused on what the heck they're doing to Chad. Was never convinced Alvarado should have been a Friday night guy either, but Silva's program injured half the staff anyway, so what could you do, I guess?

Silva must go ... period. DE says Silva is going nowhere, and if anybody leaves it will be him. Well, bye.

Silva must go ... period. DE says Silva is going nowhere, and if anybody leaves it will be him. Well, bye.

Seeing as they need to clean house you're right, but in Silva's defense he is the best coach on the staff.

ADVERTISEMENT