ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Offense

Offense will be great if the OL improves (the talent level and seniority will help). Defense will also be better. Next year should be fun.

We need JD to come back for his Senior season. We couldn't replace Stan and we can't replace JD (yet)

I’m sorry, but I would be working up a whole new offense. Luke must be on the field.

And apparently that doesn’t mean Martinez must go on the bench.

If our offense isn’t fun to watch in 2020 something went criminally wrong in the offseason.

It's all about what we bring in at WR next month and then Feb.

Reactions: headcard
It's all about what we bring in at WR next month and then Feb.
This, big time. JD, Wandale, Luke are all great athletes, but it’s hard to get them on the field together. Those guys are all slot/duck guys, we need some difference makers on the outside too.

Offense will be great if the OL improves (the talent level and seniority will help). Defense will also be better. Next year should be fun.
Offense won't be great unless Martinez gets his confidence and ability back. I hope it happens. If not, there needs to be some qb competition in the offseason.

This, big time. JD, Wandale, Luke are all great athletes, but it’s hard to get them on the field together. Those guys are all slot/duck guys, we need some difference makers on the outside too.

Luke is a slot/duck guy? Isn't he like 6'2''?

I hope defense will be better. But I’m not sure I see why/how. The d-line loses all the starters. Mo Barry is gone. Not that Barry has been what we thought he would be, but ILB is still very thin. And we older Daniels will be a big loss. Hopefully the young d-linemen step up and fill roles and Hannah (who didn’t even play today, right?), Heinrich and company step up at ILB. But I am far from comfortable thinking next years defense will be better.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Luke is a slot/duck guy? Isn't he like 6'2''?
It’s how they used him today. No idea what they would do with him full time at WR, I guess. On a side note, I am shocked every time they show his height and weight, he doesn’t seem that big on TV.

I hope defense will be better. But I’m not sure I see why/how. The d-line loses all the starters. Mo Barry is gone. Not that Barry has been what we thought he would be, but ILB is still very thin. And we older Daniels will be a big loss. Hopefully the young d-linemen step up and fill roles and Hannah (who didn’t even play today, right?), Heinrich and company step up at ILB. But I am far from comfortable thinking next years defense will be better.

I am with you on the concerns. If one believes it all starts up front, there needs to be a massive migration of observers changing to starters. Is it crazy to think we can replace the entire front and not have a fall off? Rare

Offense won't be great unless Martinez gets his confidence and ability back. I hope it happens. If not, there needs to be some qb competition in the offseason.
So how long does Martinez get to build his confidence? One season? Two seasons? Until he graduates? Just curious...

I know we're losing some big dudes on the D-line, but mark my words, Ty Robinson is going to be a monster. Little Daniels is really not little, Deontre Thomas is going to be very good, and there are others behind them. Stille is sticking around, and then there is Keem Green, that JUCO we got late this last year.

I am much, MUCH more concerned with the LB's than I am with the D-linemen.

I am with you on the concerns. If one believes it all starts up front, there needs to be a massive migration of observers changing to starters. Is it crazy to think we can replace the entire front and not have a fall off? Rare
Green, Younger Daniel's, and Stille... starter will be fine but depth will agin be a concern.

You forgot D Thomas (who MAY be the best of this group)
Damion Daniel's is easily the most proven. Maybe Thomas can improve if he gets more playing time, but from what I've seen he hasn't shown more ability than anybody else has.

ADVERTISEMENT