ADVERTISEMENT

2020 fall workouts

Hroch sinker is deadly. Shows FB early with great depth on the sink, it's not lazy movement either. 90-91 FB velo, don't believe he went over 91 but with that sinker it isn't needed. His experience and knowledge will be extremely beneficial to the entire staff.

Povich was solid with 4 K's. Boynton tanks one oppo off of him, 3-2 count and missed his FB over the plate where the catcher was sitting dead in. 92-94 FB velo, popped one 95 & one 96. He threw a lot of FB's today, way more than normal, which caught my attention.

I think the above 2 are locks for a weekend spot.

Bragg popped a 97, sat 93-95. He showed a CB today, with control, that I didn't notice this past spring. He looked so much more comfortable on the bump today.

Max Anderson first AB is a one hop double off the LF fence against Hroch. Welcome to college, Max! It didn't even look like a great swing, just goes to show how talented that bat is. He also turned a 5-U-3 double play and showed off that 90+ velo across the diamond.

Brice Mathews doesn't look like a freshmen at all. Physically mature with tools.

Feekin's velo was up to 86-88 after sitting pretty much 83-85 during the spring. This is a good sign, we'll need him to step up out of the bullpen with the absence of Perry & even Martin.

LHP out of the bullpen is a concern. Interested to see if the staff adds someone this winter that can step in with immediate help.

Wynne, my goodness that arm slot is ridiculous. I didn't catch much of his velo but I did catch a few 94's and a 96. What caught my attention was his rock solid control and CB. Control has always been the knock on him, so if today is any sign then it's a good one. Physically, imposing at 6'6" 220. Looks bigger than 220!

This fall is gonna be a bloodbath with competition. Open spots all over the field and it's not because we have limited returning starters. I'd say Schwellenbach is the only safe returning starter.

We have some extremely talented dudes on this roster. Quite possibly the most talented one since around 2006, off of memory. Guys on the bench that don't belong there but there's only 8 spots in a lineup. Coach Bolt and staff will have many, many options. And those options won't be chicken scratch.

Gotta run or I'd update more. If someone wasn't mentioned, it's not intentional.

Last edited:
I saw an article saying Hallmark has started switch hitting. 0-for-3 batting left handed in the scrimmage.

Jaxon was switching sides of the plate depending on what pitcher he was facing.
His first AB, video was down when he faced Hroch, but the audio made mention of it.
Hallmark's 2nd AB facing Feekin, was a chopper to Steil (3B) and thrown out at 1st.
But in the 5th, Jaxon did move to the other side of the plate, and was struck out by Wynne.
Wynne was very interesting with his 4 SO in 2 innings. Can't wait to see him in person.

Noticing some other B1G baseball teams twitter accounts starting to rev up;
Iowa, Minnesota, Rutgers, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan
Purdue had a streamed event yesterday (missed it)
Nice to see a lot of the conference is getting ready for 2021.

Reactions: saluno22
After the massive support from that opening scrimmage, social media has been disappointing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT