ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Commit #1

Kid did great at Nike combine and has excellent SPARQ numbers.

His 2016 SPARQ Rating would have been good for 55th nationally in 2014 and 2015. SPARQ Rating is 4th nationally thus far in '16.

Last edited:
barney-yes.gif

Reactions: Husk10
I bet he has a ton of big time offers pretty soon. Gotta love Coach Bray, doing work!

Reactions: segroene
The agility time worried me a bit, but I saw the average LB pro-agility time at the 2011 combine was 4.31, and he would be just outside the top 15 of this year's LB combine participants. He's just a couple tenths off of that. Very solid athletically.

The worry is that he committed without taking a trip. If he is a hidden gem, others will now take notice.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Looking like NU is going to have to really fight to keep this kid. He's now being followed by coaches at Minn, OSU, Syracuse, Alabama, Miami, Vanderbilt, MSU, and Duke.

Not sure if or how many followed after his commitment, but interesting none the less.

Looking like NU is going to have to really fight to keep this kid. He's now being followed by coaches at Minn, OSU, Syracuse, Alabama, Miami, Vanderbilt, MSU, and Duke.

Not sure if or how many followed after his commitment, but interesting none the less.
You want players that are wanted! Fear not boys, this is a very good thing! I have a feeling this class is going to have some serious momentum going for it soon. All aboard!

Reactions: Husk10
The agility time worried me a bit, but I saw the average LB pro-agility time at the 2011 combine was 4.31, and he would be just outside the top 15 of this year's LB combine participants. He's just a couple tenths off of that. Very solid athletically.

The worry is that he committed without taking a trip. If he is a hidden gem, others will now take notice.

We need to get him on campus ASAP, kids that commit without taking a visit make me leery.

Either way, glad to have him!!!!

I think it has more to do with his Sparq Combine than the Husker offer. When you see his measurable and then watch his film, its pretty clear he's a high level recruit. He should be a 5.8 Four Star... But I doubt Rivals will give him 4-Stars unless Bama offers.

Looks athletic, seems like he diagnoses some plays very quickly in his film. Seems to have good eyes. Lots of good awareness plays. He does a lot of little things that you can teach, but a lot of kids are never going to pick up. Like how he gets his hands active when the QB releases the ball. He's not just dialed in on a hit for his own glory, he's looking to break up the pass.

Looks like he likes to hit. Could stand to get his pads down, get his hips under him more consistently. You can spot some hits where he's throwing a high shoulder that wouldn't work if he wasn't striking some little HS kid.

Like at 4:15 where the end goes in motion and he steps in toward the tackle. That's a little thing that shows he's paying attention pre-snap.

Some nice cuts of him keeping his assignment and levering the runner back inside when he has the edge.

...............................and that's just his junior film!

Nice. I'll try not to get too excited for a while. He hasn't even visited Lincoln yet. And perhaps I'm reading too much into his comment about committing so he can focus on his schoolwork. Maybe he's got straight A's. Or he could have a lot of work to do before he's eligible. I'm a bit worried it's the latter.

If we get him, that'll help make Boyd happy.

I can already hear it. I'm committed but taking 5 visits just to make sure. Just enjoying the process,

Hope we can win the battle to keep this dude. If Riley & Co. do as well recruiting the west coast as we think they will this year and they grab guys like this from the southeast...watch out!

ADVERTISEMENT